GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t get behind Rossi in the top 4 at all. I’d wager the odds are extremely low that any team has him above Stutzle. I would have Rossi 7-10 (with Holtz and Sanderson and Lundell being close together) I believe Perfettis offensive game and upside is superior and I’d much rather take Drysdale due to him being RD and having excellent offensive upside. I can’t envision Rossi being a 1st line Centre in the NHL.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:IMO this is how I'd like the Sens to draft as of today. As I research more that may change.

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
3 - Stutzle
4 - Raymond
5 - Drysdale
6 -  Perfetti

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
—————————————-
3 - Raymond (if we already got Byfield)
4 - Rossi (switch with Raymond if we didn’t get Byfield)
5 - Stutzle
—————————————-
6 - Drysdale
7 - Holtz
8 - Perfetti
——————————————
9 - Lundell
10 - Askarov

My separations mean you absolutely can not take someone from the lower tier until all the players above are selected. I can make exceptions for Drysdale and Askarov however as they are head and shoulders the best available at their position and although organizational needs shouldn’t matter, it does for some.
this is a lot closer to my rankings.
I've grown to really like Rossi and would probably pick him above Stutzle.
we draft:
1/2 Laf/By
2/3 By/Rossi
3/4 Rossi/Stutzle
4/5(whoever is left from Ros and Stutzle) /Raymond
5/6 Raymond/Perfetti

I should add that i'll be very happy if somehow we pick Drysdale. maybe not with a top 3 pick but i trust the org to make the correct choice when it comes to recognizing talent in Dman and ranking it appropriately.

Finally! Someone else on here that sees Rossi as I do. There should be no reason, none that he is still available past 5. He’s a coaches dream, tireless worker, dictates the pace of the play, can play the game any way, plays in all situations, can’t be knocked off the puck, wins battles, finds open ice, claims every inch of ice as his own, creates turnovers aplomb with his ability to process reads and take direct routes to the play he’s correctly forecasted, engages contact, insane shot volume, precision passing, student of the game. He won’t be outworked on or off the ice.

Sure, he’s 5’9” and until Yamamoto was taken in the 1st round in 2017, people that short just didn’t get drafted in Round 1. Quinn Hughes and Caufield followed respectively in recent years and Rossi will go earlier than all of them.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I can’t get behind Rossi in the top 4 at all. I’d wager the odds are extremely low that any team has him above Stutzle. I would have Rossi 7-10 (with Holtz and Sanderson and Lundell being close together) I believe Perfettis offensive game and upside is superior and I’d much rather take Drysdale due to him being RD and having excellent offensive upside. I can’t envision Rossi being a 1st line Centre in the NHL.

Not cool Ev.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All those small players you named aren’t centres though (and Caufield and Yamamoto haven’t proven themselves fully).
Different to play wing than to be a number one centre at that size in the NHL. I’m not writing him off, I just project the others better than him for the nhl. If Rossi was available last year in a weaker draft, he would not have been drafted high. He’s had one great year and is older and more physically developed than everyone else. I don’t think he’ll be drafted higher than Hughes was.

Ideally you move up with the Islanders pick. I wouldn’t take him top 6 and I’d put money on him not being taken there

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:All those small players you named aren’t centres though (and Caufield and Yamamoto haven’t proven themselves fully).
Different to play wing than to be a number one centre at that size in the NHL. I’m not writing him off, I just project the others better than him for the nhl. If Rossi was available last year in a weaker draft, he would not have been drafted high. He’s had one great year and is older and more physically developed than everyone else. I don’t think he’ll be drafted higher than Hughes was.

Ideally you move up with the Islanders pick. I wouldn’t take him top 6 and I’d put money on him not being taken there

I’ve mentioned is age before and it doesn’t bother me. He’s my guy from the 3-5 range.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So what do you guys think about the Isles pick and some of those 2nd rounders that we could package to move up?

I’ve been looking at Gunler, Brisson and Lapierre?
Gunler with the isles pick in the mid first round. I could see us moving into the 1st for a fourth rounder to grab Brisson and with a high 2nd get Lapierre (who I think could drop out of the first as some other guys are rising and he still has health concerns.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:So what do you guys think about the Isles pick and some of those 2nd rounders that we could package to move up?

I’ve been looking at Gunler, Brisson and Lapierre?
Gunler with the isles pick in the mid first round. I could see us moving into the 1st for a fourth rounder to grab Brisson and with a high 2nd get Lapierre (who I think could drop out of the first as some other guys are rising and he still has health concerns.

If the Panthers beat the Isles, it is unbelievable to me that we can get one of Holloway, Mercer or Jarvis. We could walk away with Byfield, Raymond and Jarvis. Incredible.

More to your post, I think Gunler will be gone before our Isles pick. Lapierre and Brisson would be to early to grab with it. I can’t speak about packaging our 2nds to move up yet because I, and most GM’s would need to read the board as it empties before a trade like this is materialized.

I can’t contain myself.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:All those small players you named aren’t centres though (and Caufield and Yamamoto haven’t proven themselves fully).

Couldn't he be converted to wing? I hear it happens from time to time.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Rossi will stay C in my opinion. He’s extremely responsible on both sides of the puck and is dominant on faceoffs already. He will have an adjustment period as all young C’s do with the dot, but he’s a C through and through.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat May 30, 2020 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:Rossi will stay C in my opinion. He’s extremely responsible on both sides of the puck and is dominate on faceoffs already. He will have an adjustment period as all young C’s do with the dot, but he’s a C through and through.

Yes, but my comment was not aimed at you. You think Rossi is a legit top-5 or better, while Ev thinks he's too small for 1LC this won't crack the top-5.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t think he’ll move to wing, I just see him topping out as a 2nd like centre are best which is great but not what I want from this draft

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Would love to get Lapierre who is a top 10 talent for sure

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I don’t think he’ll move to wing, I just see him topping out as a 2nd like centre are best which is great but not what I want from this draft

Does your mind change when Byfield is our #1 center and Rossi is our #2? Ahhhhh!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Would love to get Lapierre who is a top 10 talent for sure

Top 10 talent with mush for brains and a straw for a neck. Argue all you want about his actual injury history, the kid doesn’t know how to protect himself on the ice and that’s just his style that makes him so good. He’ll have to change the way he plays the game and therefore he won’t be as dynamic.

No way is anyone using a 1st on him earlier than around 27th overall. He’s a good gamble for TB, Boston, St. Louis, Washington, Vegas or whoever is Top 4. If he’s available with our 2nd, that’s when I would take him. I think he will be available.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not my rankings but the top eight seem to be: Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz , Lundell/Perfetti. We're walking away with two of those guys. Going to a good draft regardless

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not my rankings but the top eight seem to be: Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz , Lundell/Perfetti. We're walking away with two of those guys. Going to a good draft regardless

That my 8 just in different order. Lundell/Askarov are 9/10.

Getting 2 of Laf, ByF, Raymond, Rossi, Stutzle, Holtz and Drysdale is indeed an incredible haul. We do need one of Laf and ByF in order to completely have a franchise altering piece.

It’s all fun and games until the 26th:
1st and 2nd: 3.5%
1st and 3rd: 3.4%
1st and 4th: 8.0%
1st and 5th: 10.0%
2nd and 3rd: 3.3%
2nd and 4th: 8.1%
2nd and 5th: 9.3%
3rd and 4th: 8.0%
3rd and 5th: 8.6%
4th and 5th: 22.4%
5th and 6th: 15.2%

Combined chances of getting a:
1st: 25%
2nd: 24.2%
3rd: 23.3%
4th: 46.5%
5th: 65.5%
6th: 15.2%

Let’s go!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

We no longer hold Markus Nurmi’s signing rights. Casualty of our contract limit in my mind. He will be in the NHL in my opinion in a couple years. He brings a strong work ethic, PK responsibility, size, reach, defensive effort and would be a perfect 4th liner instead of half of the bad ones out there. Too bad he couldn’t add some weight on his frame. Good drafting, just no room and maybe he doesn’t even want to be in NA.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not a huge loss. Our bottom six next year could have any combination of Ryan, Norris, Formenton, Paul, Hawryluk, C. Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Kelly.

Not worried about losing Nurmi

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum