GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:disagree. imagine a team like edmonton or toronto land lafreniere. they'll happily lose on purpose for a 3/8 chance at a top 3 pick

Zero percent chance. Especially a strong team like that. Players do not lose on purpose. Toronto would much rather try to go far in the playoffs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:disagree. imagine a team like edmonton or toronto land lafreniere. they'll happily lose on purpose for a 3/8 chance at a top 3 pick

Zero percent chance. Especially a strong team like that. Players do not lose on purpose. Toronto would much rather try to go far in the playoffs.

I dunno, man. I agree that athletes play to win but a team against the cap like Toronto may sacrifice an asterisk year to get a stud on an ELC.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It smells. There's no way to explain it away.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

I dunno, man. I agree that athletes play to win but a team against the cap like Toronto may sacrifice an asterisk year to get a stud on an ELC.

What are they going to do? Put in Ayers?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I can totally see NJD, Carolina , Columbus , Montreal and other play in teams not giving a crap about this

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

New Jersey didn’t qualify for the play-in. Columbus will have a healthy team for the first time all year and Carolina will have Hamilton back. They are contenders. Montreal is a potential bomber however.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri May 29, 2020 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Columbus will have a healthy team for the first time all year and Carolina will have Hamilton back. They are contenders. Devils and Montreal are potential bombers however.

i can tell you one thing, GM's are already trying to set themselves up to lose.

Bergevin announced today that Domi might not be available to play if he can't get a medical ok from doctors for his condition. he's got diabetes.

in what universe would that affect him then and not in the regular season.

my guess is if those 3 top picks turn out to be not from the bottom 7 the habs will pull Domi. if it isn't, they'll play him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Josh Norris won the AHL ROY.

Going to be crazy to potentially see a lineup with him, bath and formenton up in Ottawa next season. Formenton finished just 8 points back and played predominantly 2nd line minutes and on a situations

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Josh Norris won the AHL ROY.

Going to be crazy to potentially see a lineup with him, bath and formenton up in Ottawa next season. Formenton finished just 8 points back and played predominantly 2nd line minutes and on a situations

I haven't run the numbers but I'm not sure that will be possible (reaching the floor). Of course they could always just give Boro whatever it takes to reach the floor on a one year desl with the promise that he retires after that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IMO this is how I'd like the Sens to draft as of today. As I research more that may change.

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
3 - Stutzle
4 - Raymond
5 - Drysdale
6 - Perfetti

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Josh Norris won the AHL ROY.

I haven't run the numbers but I'm not sure that will be possible (reaching the floor).  Of course they could always just give Boro whatever it takes to reach the floor on a one year desl with the promise that he retires after that.

They can do it albeit not by much

- Chabot's raise kicks in this year. ~ $900K to $8M
- Tierney will either be re-upped or traded for someone under contract
- Connor Brown and Duclair will probably make double of what they are making now
- Hawyrluk, Balcers, Paul will probably be retendered one-way contract
- Jaros and Chlapik will probably be looking for one-way contracts and will likely be moved. Could be for help.
- Sens will probably add someone with an IR contract. May look to make a deal with Arizona for Hossa if they think they can re-sign Hall

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Columbus will have a healthy team for the first time all year and Carolina will have Hamilton back. They are contenders. Devils and Montreal are potential bombers however.

Bergevin announced today that Domi might not be available to play if he can't get a medical ok from doctors for his condition. he's got diabetes.

my guess is if those 3 top picks turn out to be not from the bottom 7 the habs will pull Domi. if it isn't, they'll play him.

Ain't nobody throwing their games for a slight chance at winning the lottery. A ridiculous notion. The effort from the players will always vary, but an organization isn't going to "tank" in the play-in games. Max Domi is higher risk due to diabetes and COVID being a bad mix. By playing, he elevates his risk of contracting COVID. I'm not sure what your point is.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:IMO this is how I'd like the Sens to draft as of today. As I research more that may change.

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
3 - Stutzle
4 - Raymond
5 - Drysdale
6 -  Perfetti

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
—————————————-
3 - Raymond (if we already got Byfield)
4 - Rossi (switch with Raymond if we didn’t get Byfield)
5 - Stutzle
—————————————-
6 - Drysdale
7 - Holtz
8 - Perfetti
——————————————
9 - Lundell
10 - Askarov

My separations mean you absolutely can not take someone from the lower tier until all the players above are selected. I can make exceptions for Drysdale and Askarov however as they are head and shoulders the best available at their position and although organizational needs shouldn’t matter, it does for some.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Ain't nobody throwing their games for a slight chance at winning the lottery.  A ridiculous notion.  The effort from the players will always vary, but an organization isn't going to "tank" in the play-in games.  Max Domi is higher risk due to diabetes and COVID being a bad mix. By playing, he elevates his risk of contracting COVID.  I'm not sure what your point is.

my point is that if by the first draft there is opportunities to daft for those teams in the top 3, there will be some GM's that tank by placing certain players on IR or other reasons.
says nothing about the players themselves

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:IMO this is how I'd like the Sens to draft as of today. As I research more that may change.

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
3 - Stutzle
4 - Raymond
5 - Drysdale
6 -  Perfetti

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
—————————————-
5 - Stutzle
—————————————-
6 - Drysdale
7 - Holtz
8 - Perfetti
——————————————
9 - Lundell
10 - Askarov

My separations mean you absolutely can not take someone from the lower tier until all the players above are selected. I can make exceptions for Drysdale and Askarov however as they are head and shoulders the best available at their position and although organizational needs shouldn’t matter, it does for some.
this is a lot closer to my rankings.
I've grown to really like Rossi and would probably pick him above Stutzle.
we draft:
1/2 Laf/By
2/3 By/Rossi
3/4 Rossi/Stutzle
4/5(whoever is left from Ros and Stutzle) /Raymond
5/6 Raymond/Perfetti

I should add that i'll be very happy if somehow we pick Drysdale. maybe not with a top 3 pick but i trust the org to make the correct choice when it comes to recognizing talent in Dman and ranking it appropriately.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t get behind Rossi in the top 4 at all. I’d wager the odds are extremely low that any team has him above Stutzle. I would have Rossi 7-10 (with Holtz and Sanderson and Lundell being close together) I believe Perfettis offensive game and upside is superior and I’d much rather take Drysdale due to him being RD and having excellent offensive upside. I can’t envision Rossi being a 1st line Centre in the NHL.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
3 - Stutzle
4 - Raymond
5 - Drysdale
6 -  Perfetti

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
—————————————-
5 - Stutzle
—————————————-
6 - Drysdale
7 - Holtz
8 - Perfetti
——————————————
9 - Lundell
10 - Askarov

this is a lot closer to my rankings.
I've grown to really like Rossi and would probably pick him above Stutzle.
we draft:
1/2 Laf/By
2/3 By/Rossi
3/4 Rossi/Stutzle
4/5(whoever is left from Ros and Stutzle) /Raymond
5/6 Raymond/Perfetti

I should add that i'll be very happy if somehow we pick Drysdale. maybe not with a top 3 pick but i trust the org to make the correct choice when it comes to recognizing talent in Dman and ranking it appropriately.

Finally! Someone else on here that sees Rossi as I do. There should be no reason, none that he is still available past 5. He’s a coaches dream, tireless worker, dictates the pace of the play, can play the game any way, plays in all situations, can’t be knocked off the puck, wins battles, finds open ice, claims every inch of ice as his own, creates turnovers aplomb with his ability to process reads and take direct routes to the play he’s correctly forecasted, engages contact, insane shot volume, precision passing, student of the game. He won’t be outworked on or off the ice.

Sure, he’s 5’9” and until Yamamoto was taken in the 1st round in 2017, people that short just didn’t get drafted in Round 1. Quinn Hughes and Caufield followed respectively in recent years and Rossi will go earlier than all of them.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I can’t get behind Rossi in the top 4 at all. I’d wager the odds are extremely low that any team has him above Stutzle. I would have Rossi 7-10 (with Holtz and Sanderson and Lundell being close together) I believe Perfettis offensive game and upside is superior and I’d much rather take Drysdale due to him being RD and having excellent offensive upside. I can’t envision Rossi being a 1st line Centre in the NHL.

Not cool Ev.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum