GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Leafs are 3rd in the Atlantic. I was under the impression that the top 3 get a bye to Conference quarter finals. Only 2 of the 3 play-in teams will slip to the 8 that will join the draft.

So the Leafs can't win the lottery.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:The Leafs are 3rd in the Atlantic. I was under the impression that the top 3 get a bye to Conference quarter finals. Only 2 of the 3 play-in teams will slip to the 8 that will join the draft.

So the Leafs can't win the lottery.

If Columbus beats the Leafs, the Leafs do not make the "playoffs" and will be eligible to win the draft.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:If they are doing the draw for 1st, 2nd and then 3rd, could the Sens possibly get 1st and 2nd picks, 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 3rd?

we could also see a scenario (understandingly unlikely) where the draft order stands like this
1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.New York Islanders
4.Detroit
5.Ottawa
6.Ottawa

I call this Melnyk's Law. "Sens always get dicked because of a karmic cosmic reaction to our Dung owner"

On the opposite side of the coin, if Florida beats the NYI we have a chance to greatly improve our third 1st rounder. With some other help from Montreal bearing Pittsburgh and Rangers beating Carolina, I think we would pick 13th.

Let’s hope for a Florida win at the very least to pick 15th at worst.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:If they are doing the draw for 1st, 2nd and then 3rd, could the Sens possibly get 1st and 2nd picks, 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 3rd?

we could also see a scenario (understandingly unlikely) where the draft order stands like this
1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.New York Islanders
4.Detroit
5.Ottawa
6.Ottawa

I call this Melnyk's Law. "Sens always get dicked because of a karmic cosmic reaction to our Dung owner"

On the opposite side of the coin, if Florida beats the NYI we have a chance to greatly improve our third 1st rounder. With some other help from Montreal bearing Pittsburgh and Rangers beating Carolina, I think we would pick 13th.

If the Isles lose against Florida, they are in the draft lottery. They could win 1st pick and then we would have to settle for 2nd and 3rd picks with the Sens and Sharks pick! Dare to dream.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.New York Islanders
4.Detroit
5.Ottawa
6.Ottawa

If the Isles lose against Florida, they are in the draft lottery. They could win 1st pick and then we would have to settle for 2nd and 3rd picks with the Sens and Sharks pick! Dare to dream.

Isles pick is Lafreniere/Byfield/3rd slot protected. Sorry.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.New York Islanders
4.Detroit
5.Ottawa
6.Ottawa

That's fine, 1st, 2nd will have to do.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.New York Islanders
4.Detroit
5.Ottawa
6.Ottawa

It would be the first time in NHL history. Would be quite the story for a league that needs a story.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.New York Islanders
4.Detroit
5.Ottawa
6.Ottawa

It would be the first time in NHL history. Would be quite the story for a league that needs a story.

These are not the stories the NHL are fond of. Ottawa doing well at something. That said I guess if that did happen we’d know the draft isn’t rigged

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.New York Islanders
4.Detroit
5.Ottawa
6.Ottawa

These are not the stories the NHL are fond of. Ottawa doing well at something. That said I guess if that did happen we’d know the draft isn’t rigged

Quite the opposite. What better way to increase the value of a struggling franchise by roughly 200 million with that history making asset boost.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is effed up. Used to be the top three in each Division were in, now it's the top 4 in each Conference?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And with the lottery happening before the play in round is finished (or maybe not even started) how will it play out if one of the to three spots guess to one of the 8? Don't try to win too hard because you don't really stand a chance of advancing far, there is no "home gate" incentive, and losing gets you a top three pick?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's pretty dumb. Doing everything they can to draw viewers.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If all 3 lottery winners from thr Phase 1 drawing end up being losers from the play-in round, you might not see very competitive games as teams will realize they have an almost 50% chance at a top 3 pick if they lose their series.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:If all 3 lottery winners from thr Phase 1 drawing end up being losers from the play-in round, you might not see very competitive games as teams will realize they have an almost 50% chance at a top 3 pick if they lose their series.

maybe, but winning trumps all. Especially since the rounds will be 5 games at the start. Tons of "upsets" can happen. Teams won't have played for four minths.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

disagree. imagine a team like edmonton or toronto land lafreniere. they'll happily lose on purpose for a 3/8 chance at a top 3 pick

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:disagree. imagine a team like edmonton or toronto land lafreniere. they'll happily lose on purpose for a 3/8 chance at a top 3 pick

Zero percent chance. Especially a strong team like that. Players do not lose on purpose. Toronto would much rather try to go far in the playoffs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:disagree. imagine a team like edmonton or toronto land lafreniere. they'll happily lose on purpose for a 3/8 chance at a top 3 pick

Zero percent chance. Especially a strong team like that. Players do not lose on purpose. Toronto would much rather try to go far in the playoffs.

I dunno, man. I agree that athletes play to win but a team against the cap like Toronto may sacrifice an asterisk year to get a stud on an ELC.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It smells. There's no way to explain it away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum