GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seems like we are one star closer to lebreton flat being the new home of the Sens.

Looking for a silver lining here folks. Something positive...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Silver lining is Matt Duchene is really really good.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.
Probably Zach Smith.  He’s more truculent. Calgary does not have a 1st or 2nd this year.  Rasmus Andersson ?

Yeah, I think Garrioch tweeted out that Calgary is more interested in Smith. Take him, I say.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't wait to buy my Pajaarvi jersey

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Can't wait to buy my Pajaarvi jersey

Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.
Probably Zach Smith.  He’s more truculent. Calgary does not have a 1st or 2nd this year.  Rasmus Andersson ?

Yeah, I think Garrioch tweeted out that Calgary is more interested in Smith.  Take him, I say.

I wonder what they will trade. I feel like he’s worth more than a second rounder. Which might be what we wind up with. Sure he’s not having a good year but he can score goals and play a gritty game. A first might be hoping for too much but maybe either a decent forward prospect or a 2nd with a B prospect. I’m not familiar with calgary’s Pipeline.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Can't wait to buy my Pajaarvi jersey

#56 in your program, #1 in your heart.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Yeah, I think Garrioch tweeted out that Calgary is more interested in Smith.  Take him, I say.

I wonder what they will trade. I feel like he’s worth more than a second rounder. Which might be what we wind up with. Sure he’s not having a good year but he can score goals and play a gritty game. A first might be hoping for too much but maybe either a decent forward prospect or a 2nd with a B prospect. I’m not familiar with calgary’s Pipeline.
As stated Calgary has no first or second this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still remember people salivating over MSP or MPS.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

I can see Calgary making a play for Smith. He fits their system and style of play. If Calgary wants to try and separate themselves from the logjam of SJ, LA and ANA, he would look good behind Monahan and Backlund. I don’t see Smith being a major difference for Calgary unless he gets rejuvinated with a trade though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I still remember people salivating over MSP or MPS.  
Guilty Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

I can see Calgary making a play for Smith. He fits their system and style of play. If Calgary wants to try and separate themselves from the logjam of SJ, LA and ANA, he would look good behind Monahan and Backlund. I don’t see Smith being a major difference for Calgary unless he gets rejuvinated with a trade though.

They seem lacking depth a bit on the right side. With smith being able to play both sides he could be good insurance for a playoff run.
I imagine he’d be playing with that jankowski kid. They had him projected as a possible 1st line Center a while back. I’m sure he can be a good set up guy for smith and get him producing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lazar without a goal this year still. Sadly comical.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Perhaps it’s time to change the narrative that the Sens rushed Lazar. He was probably going to be a bust no matter how long he spent in junior.  If he wasn’t a high pick he would probably be a career AHLer.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Perhaps it’s time to change the narrative that the Sens rushed Lazar. He was probably going to be a bust no matter how long he spent in junior.  If he wasn’t a high pick he would probably be a career AHLer.

But how good does that 2nd rounder look now!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I thought Lazar would be better. Still time, but he hasn’t shown much in the way of a bonafode NHLer yet.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So do the senators perform the trifecta of waiver pick ups this year and pick up Jagr on their quest to trade off anyone holding salary? Laugh1

Who knows, maybe Jagr might actually get two achievements for this team and those are sell tickets as a novelty to see the legend in a sens jersey and ensure us the tank is full on to number 1

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So do the senators perform the trifecta of waiver pick ups this year and pick up Jagr on their quest to trade off anyone holding salary? Laugh1

Who knows, maybe Jagr might actually get two achievements for this team and those are sell tickets as a novelty to see the legend in a sens jersey and ensure us the tank is full on to number 1

Thankfully we did not touch Jagr.

As for Lazar, I remember watching his final World Jrs and he wasn't really producing any highlight reel goals or assists. What he was getting was of the gritty variety....It is interesting though how totally unable he is to produce at the NHL level. It must be so incredibly frustrating for him. I have no idea why Calgary gave us a second rounder for him, but thank god for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum