GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:All I'm saying is that Dahlin was more impressive as a 16 year old (plus 8 months) than a year later.

How so?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well this was just annoying to watch. They aren’t terrible but this system were playing just keeps us in the game but just isn’t putting us over. I haven’t once said that we need to fire the coach but it’s getting to the point where Guy isn’t trying to modify what the team is doing. Just keeps trying to get the guy to work what they were doing last year but it’s not seeing the success it was. There needs to be a point where the team plays differently. Teams have adjusted. Guy doesn’t seem to want to.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why are we in this situation after having almost gone to the final?
1 - Lost Methot and decided to replace internally
2- Lost MacArthur and decided to replace internally ( He was a major part of the playoffs)
3 - traded Turris for Duchenne and it hasn't paid off
4 - Expected that Ryan would be better this year
5 - Expected elite goaltending from Anderson and Condon
6 - Relied heavily on Karlsson and he hasn't been super human

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Why are we in this situation after having almost gone to the final?
1 - Lost Methot and decided to  replace internally
2- Lost MacArthur and decided to replace internally ( He was a major part of the playoffs)
3 - traded Turris for Duchenne and it hasn't paid off
4 - Expected that Ryan would be better this year
5 - Expected elite goaltending from Anderson and Condon
6 - Relied heavily on Karlsson and he hasn't been super human
1. EK playing this way would have exposed Methot and we’d be crucifying Methot as well. 
2. MacArthur didn’t help this team get to the playoffs.  This is a red herring. 
3. I can’t say it helped but I personally think we’d be exactly where we are with Turris.  
4. Same as #2. This is the same Ryan as last regular season if not better.  
5. Bang on.  We’re not even getting average goaltending.  
6. Bang on.  He has been awful.  

I’ll add that Smith and Hoffman have seen their shooting % drop dramatically.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake. Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7. He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg. White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand. White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches. Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?

Too many decisions make no sense.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

Sure looks poorly on Boucher and Dorion.
I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

I imagine re-signing Karlsson will come with a condition. Re-sign if Boucher is gone. Again, Karlsson has the franchise by the balls.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I imagine re-signing Karlsson will come with a condition. Re-sign if Boucher is gone. Again, Karlsson has the franchise by the balls.

Karlsson likes Boucher and Boucher loves Karlsson. That's not an issue.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't believe the part in bold. You speak things you have determined as fact without any proof.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't believe the part in bold.  You speak things you have determined as fact without any proof.

I have knowledge of this. Inside knowledge. It's true - Karlsson is treated special compared to other players.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't believe the part in bold.  You speak things you have determined as fact without any proof.

I have knowledge of this. Inside knowledge. It's true - Karlsson is treated special compared to other players.

Well he's the captain, he has a wonky foot, and he has a giant ego...he probably is treated different. This doesn't mean he likes Boucher.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am in agreement. Boucher probably 'loves' him because he is (was?) the only reliable defenceman on this team. Having someone who can play 30 minutes a night and put up 60 points - any coach would love them and treat them differently. It doesn't mean Karlsson likes Boucher and his recent comments about needing to be in the 'right' places even though they're the wrong places speak to this.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am in agreement. Boucher probably 'loves' him because he is (was?) the only reliable defenceman on this team. Having someone who can play 30 minutes a night and put up 60 points - any coach would love them and treat them differently. It doesn't mean Karlsson likes Boucher and his recent comments about needing to be in the 'right' places even though they're the wrong places speak to this.

There is nothing to be in agreement about. I know karlsson likes Boucher. Stating otherwise or trying to form an opinion over a comment is false .

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.
Probably Zach Smith.  He’s more truculent. Calgary does not have a 1st or 2nd this year.  Rasmus Andersson ?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seems like we are one star closer to lebreton flat being the new home of the Sens.

Looking for a silver lining here folks. Something positive...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Silver lining is Matt Duchene is really really good.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.
Probably Zach Smith.  He’s more truculent. Calgary does not have a 1st or 2nd this year.  Rasmus Andersson ?

Yeah, I think Garrioch tweeted out that Calgary is more interested in Smith. Take him, I say.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum