GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dahlin will be good but it will be a couple years before he is able to contribute. And then he would be second pairing behind Chabot.

If he was a rightie I'd grab him and make a trade involving Ceci for some forward help. I would not trade Karlsson. You do that and you are in a full on rebuild. Chabot is not ready to be your #1 which means it's Ceci. And Dahlin will be another couple years, and there's no guarantee he will ever be as good as Karlsson or Chabot.

We have good D (once Wideman or another rightie balances the pairings and Oduya is fired into the sun). We need more Dynamic players up front.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Dahlin can play either side.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This isn't even a debate. If you finish last, you take Dahlin. There's no other choice.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another game lost. At this point I wouldn’t mind if dorion started pulling the trigger. No one wants to talk about a tank job but if we’re gonna lose I think a top 3 pick would be great.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Another game lost. At this point I wouldn’t mind if dorion started pulling the trigger. No one wants to talk about a tank job but if we’re gonna lose I think a top 3 pick would be great.
Sell off should wait.  We are doing a great job tanking with the current lineup.   Wouldn’t want want to shake up the roster and start winning.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Another game lost. At this point I wouldn’t mind if dorion started pulling the trigger. No one wants to talk about a tank job but if we’re gonna lose I think a top 3 pick would be great.
Sell off should wait.  We are doing a great job tanking with the current lineup.   Wouldn’t want want to shake up the roster and start winning.

You actually make a great point haha. On that note I heard White had a very strong game last night.

From the few minutes I watched it is clear Karlsson has checked out. He's looked atrocious all year - getting caught flatfooted and skated around in the d-zone and has clearly lost some speed. What to do with him is such a gamble right now. Trade him and you'll regret it, keep him and you'll regret it. If I knew how to do a poll I'd post one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, we gotta be careful messing with the current roster, as that may mess up our epic tank job. It seemed unnecessary at the time, but thank god Dorion top-10 protected that first rounder we gave up for Duchene.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

The top 10 protection should be an indication of PDs confidence level of the teams play to start the season.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I’d really be trying to deal with Edm right now. Their needs are D and a scoring winner. I would love to see if a deal could be worked out around Draisitl, Ceci and Hoffman.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:I’d really be trying to deal with Edm right now. Their needs are D and a scoring winner. I would love to see if a deal could be worked out around Draisitl, Ceci and Hoffman.

LA needs a top four d-man badly. I'd be willing to take on Gaborik's contract (worst case he's on the IR and insurance picks it up) and Pearson if it meant moving Phaneuf.

I'd also attack Phoenix and try to get OEL. Brassard is a perfect player for Arizona.

Pageau to Pitt for a d-prospect (Pouliot)

But you're right. At this point I want a top three pick. But I am not sure if Dhalin is the right player for Ottawa. I think I'd prefer Zadina to be honest. We need a legit top-six scorer. He reminds me of Laine. I think if you're serious about re-signing Karlsson, you try to add to your defence with what you have.

If Dorion wants to make his mark on the team now is the time to do it.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

My dream of getting Draisitl would provide PD with tons of options to remake the roster.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:This isn't even a debate. If you finish last, you take Dahlin. There's no other choice.

Finishing last doesn't mean squat. And I still say Dahlin was the 3rd best D-man in the tournament. He was very impressive last year, especially because of his age relative to other players. This year he was still good but did not stand out as much as Chabot last year. I am not saying he will be another Rundblad but you never know.

And, yeah, if the ball drops your way and you have the #1 overall you don't trade down and you don't *not* take the consensus top pick. That's why I'm kinda hoping we the ball doesn't drop our way.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:This isn't even a debate. If you finish last, you take Dahlin. There's no other choice.

Finishing last doesn't mean squat.  And I still say Dahlin was the 3rd best D-man in the tournament.  He was very impressive last year, especially because of his age relative to other players.  This year he was still good but did not stand out as much as Chabot last year.  I am not saying he will be another Rundblad but you never know.

And, yeah, if the ball drops your way and you have the #1 overall you don't trade down and you don't *not* take the consensus top pick.  That's why I'm kinda hoping we the ball doesn't drop our way.
Who was better in the WJC ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Finishing last doesn't mean squat.  And I still say Dahlin was the 3rd best D-man in the tournament.  He was very impressive last year, especially because of his age relative to other players.  This year he was still good but did not stand out as much as Chabot last year.  I am not saying he will be another Rundblad but you never know.

And, yeah, if the ball drops your way and you have the #1 overall you don't trade down and you don't *not* take the consensus top pick.  That's why I'm kinda hoping we the ball doesn't drop our way.

First off, I meant if you actually get the first pick. Sorry about that.

Doesn't really matter at all what he accomplished in the WJC. Comparing him as a 17 year old in his pre-draft season to Chabot as a 20 year old in his draft +2 season is comparing apples and oranges. If you could trade Chabot for Dahlin today, that's an easy accept for the Sens. He's a special prospect, best D prospect in years. If he was to play in the WJC as a 20 year old (he never will), he would crush it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

All I'm saying is that Dahlin was more impressive as a 16 year old (plus 8 months) than a year later.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:All I'm saying is that Dahlin was more impressive as a 16 year old (plus 8 months) than a year later.

How so?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well this was just annoying to watch. They aren’t terrible but this system were playing just keeps us in the game but just isn’t putting us over. I haven’t once said that we need to fire the coach but it’s getting to the point where Guy isn’t trying to modify what the team is doing. Just keeps trying to get the guy to work what they were doing last year but it’s not seeing the success it was. There needs to be a point where the team plays differently. Teams have adjusted. Guy doesn’t seem to want to.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why are we in this situation after having almost gone to the final?
1 - Lost Methot and decided to replace internally
2- Lost MacArthur and decided to replace internally ( He was a major part of the playoffs)
3 - traded Turris for Duchenne and it hasn't paid off
4 - Expected that Ryan would be better this year
5 - Expected elite goaltending from Anderson and Condon
6 - Relied heavily on Karlsson and he hasn't been super human

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum