GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Source

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Source

What's yours? I can play this game...

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

TSN1200.  You said you know he isn’t, who makes less ?  Blashill Is making 800K who other than Boucher is less.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with Ev that you don't for the coach. We were all singing his praises 7 months ago, what's changed? You had your franchise player undergoing ankle surgery (which was a hell of a lot more serious than any of us thought), Anderson is on his typical down year, GM did not properly address the loss of Methot (still think they would have done the same if not better fixing it internally) and a number of players are having sub par years.

Call this year a Mulligan, get a high draft pick, and start next season with a healthy Karlsson, Chabot full time over Oduya, the "good" Anderson, a bottom six made up of young guys out to prove themselves.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boucher had trust issues and Dorion was his enabler. Need an intervention.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:I'd give the odds of EK resigning here at 50-50 based on what I have heard. Term and money is not the issue. 

Players believe you have to spend to win and management knows this is a pervasive thought throughout the veterans.  

The Duchene move was a signal.  The fact you haven't heard Melnyk mention budget in a long while is not an accident.  Dorian is being aggressive for a reason.  

Expect once the agreement that the arena deal is a go that you hear whispers of a full sale by Melnyk.  

I will not say who I talk with so you can choose to believe that I am full of sh$t.
As I said in Nov the players believe you have to spend to win.  Friedman’s  statement about Karlsson and his feelings about not being able to win with current ownership just provides additional validation.  That was originally told to me by Perry Ceci this summer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I'd give the odds of EK resigning here at 50-50 based on what I have heard. Term and money is not the issue. 

Players believe you have to spend to win and management knows this is a pervasive thought throughout the veterans.  

The Duchene move was a signal.  The fact you haven't heard Melnyk mention budget in a long while is not an accident.  Dorian is being aggressive for a reason.  

Expect once the agreement that the arena deal is a go that you hear whispers of a full sale by Melnyk.  

I will not say who I talk with so you can choose to believe that I am full of sh$t.
As I said in Nov the players believe you have to spend to win.  Friedman’s  statement about Karlsson and his feelings about not being able to win with current ownership just provides additional validation.  That was originally told to me by Perry Ceci this summer.

Players don’t really care about what the team spends or how competitive it is for the most part. They care about their own salary first and foremost

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Somewhat true.  Certain players will get paid wherever they go. In Karlsson case he will likely want max term this summer with his injury history.  He could refuse to sign and force a trade if ownership doesn’t change (although I still believe the team gets sold).  The point was players DO care about ownership

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At least the crowd went home happy!

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

What a Dung show.  I really hope we get an ownership change. Too much bad blood between the city, the fans and Melnyk. This franchise will continue to spin downward until he’s gone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm actually beginning to tally look forward to next season. Especially after the draft.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

If the Sens get the first overall pick do you move Karlsson regardless of ability to resign   Plan for a window opening in about 33 years with Duch Stone Chabot and Dahlen.  In this scenario I probably keep Ceci for a couple years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dahlin is a leftie, not a replacement for Karlsson. Also, despite winning it, he wasn't the best defenseman on the tournament.

I'm actually hoping we don't win the lottery and end up with Tkachuk or Zadina.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t know. Dahlin would be such a solid addition. You gotta take him if you can.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Totally agree. This franchise will spiral until Melnyk sells. He made this bed

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dahlin will be good but it will be a couple years before he is able to contribute. And then he would be second pairing behind Chabot.

If he was a rightie I'd grab him and make a trade involving Ceci for some forward help. I would not trade Karlsson. You do that and you are in a full on rebuild. Chabot is not ready to be your #1 which means it's Ceci. And Dahlin will be another couple years, and there's no guarantee he will ever be as good as Karlsson or Chabot.

We have good D (once Wideman or another rightie balances the pairings and Oduya is fired into the sun). We need more Dynamic players up front.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Dahlin can play either side.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This isn't even a debate. If you finish last, you take Dahlin. There's no other choice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum