GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 52 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 64]

5862017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:27 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I too agree that a trade is coming. The addition of Oduya pushes Boro or Claesson to a healthy scratch and cements Chabot down to the minors.

My concern here is Oduya is slow - really slow. Which is the argument that we shouldn't be getting Jagr who can still produce. So I am not sure where they expect to see Oduya play. If it's with Karlsson we're in trouble.

I also think Dorion moves away from Duchene and Landeskog and focuses elsewhere.

An interesting move would be to see whether Giroux would be available out of Philly. With Bobby Ryan having had an amazing post-season and being raised just outside Philly, there may not be a better time for Ottawa to try to move him. Giroux carries a higher cap hit but is on a declining salary. Ryan has an extra year on his contract.

Philly has had a quiet off-season so far and seem destined to finish within the bottom of the Metropolitan. I am not sure what it would take and this is purely speculation but Giroux is linked to Ottawa on a personal basis and Ryan to Philly on a personal basis....

5872017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:One skill - one million.
Nobody makes that little.  This isn't 5 years ago, the average NHL salary is over 3M.

5882017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I too agree that a trade is coming. The addition of Oduya pushes Boro or Claesson to a healthy scratch and cements Chabot down to the minors.

My concern here is Oduya is slow - really slow. Which is the argument that we shouldn't be getting Jagr who can still produce. So I am not sure where they expect to see Oduya play. If it's with Karlsson we're in trouble.

I also think Dorion moves away from Duchene and Landeskog and focuses elsewhere.

An interesting move would be to see whether Giroux would be available out of Philly. With Bobby Ryan having had an amazing post-season and being raised just outside Philly, there may not be a better time for Ottawa to try to move him. Giroux carries a higher cap hit but is on a declining salary. Ryan has an extra year on his contract.

Philly has had a quiet off-season so far and seem destined to finish within the bottom of the Metropolitan. I am not sure what it would take and this is purely speculation but Giroux is linked to Ottawa on a personal basis and Ryan to Philly on a personal basis....

Declining contract for a declining player. He might not outproeuce Ryan.

5892017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Trade coming for sure.

Finally.

5902017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Finally.

Bringing in Oduya might mean another LD is on the way out, but who?  Phaneuf? Claesson? Boro? They'd probably love to get rid of Phaneuf's cap hit and salary before resigning Turris/Stone/Karlsson, but I don't know how realistic this is.

5912017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is for SSF: Phaneuf can play either side, Ceci can't.

5922017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see it personally. Let them fight it out between oduya and Boro for the final spot, then Chabot if there's an injury.

5932017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

I don't see it personally.  Let them fight it out between oduya and Boro for the final spot, then Chabot if there's an injury.

There's no fight for Oduya IMO. He was signed to play. If Karlsson was signed to play,this is the opening night lineup:

Claesson-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Chabot-Oduya

5942017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Finally.

Bringing in Oduya might mean another LD is on the way out, but who?  Phaneuf? Claesson? Boro?  They'd probably love to get rid of Phaneuf's cap hit and salary before resigning Turris/Stone/Karlsson, but I don't know how realistic this is.

Oduya can play RD as well.

I think a trade for a forward will happen for sure.

5952017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Finally.

Bringing in Oduya might mean another LD is on the way out, but who?  Phaneuf? Claesson? Boro?  They'd probably love to get rid of Phaneuf's cap hit and salary before resigning Turris/Stone/Karlsson, but I don't know how realistic this is.

Oduya can play RD as well.

I think a trade for a forward will happen for sure.

You have Oduya replacing Wideman in the bottom pairing. If you are suggesting that we would trade Wideman for a forward, then I'd say we have enough of that calibre forward. If trade D for F it has to be Phaneuf (retain salary) or Ceci. Either one would break up our 2nd pairing which, depending on which camp you're in, would either save or sink the season.

5962017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:38 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I always thought Ceci + Smith for Barrie made sense.

I don't think Phaneuf for Gaborik makes sense for the team aside from getting out of Phaneuf's contract and freeing up salary as Gaborik's salary takes a huge hit over the next few years. That said, Gaborik can never stay healthy and he's older.

5972017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:10 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ceci's still RFA after next season so I doubt we'll trade him. I could see us moving Wideman. He'll be UFA and can't be overly thrilled with his role as a bottom pairing d-man. Adios Chris Wideman.

5982017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Ceci's still RFA after next season so I doubt we'll trade him.  I could see us moving Wideman.  He'll be UFA and can't be overly thrilled with his role as a bottom pairing d-man.  Adios Chris Wideman.

Trading Wideman will get you a mid-tier prospect. If they plan on making a real improvement they need to:
a) create roster space (on offense and defense)
b) include a player/prospect with upside
c) shed some cap space (and salary) in whatever trade they make

This means Smith and Wideman are trade-bait with no one else available aside from Phaneuf and Ceci. I'd dangle Brown and one of Englund, Jaros or Harpur in a trade if required, depending of course on what is coming back.

5992017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do you?

To Col: Smith, Wideman, Englund
To Ott: Landeskog

6002017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do you?

I'd do that. I don't think Colorado does that. That's a top 6 forward for a bottom 6 F, and two bottom pairing D.

6012017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Depends on whether I am Ottawa or Colorado.

6022017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:

I'd do that.  I don't think Colorado does that.  That's a top 6 forward for a bottom 6 F, and two bottom pairing D.

Landeskog is no better than Smith, just more expensive. He is a 3rd liner with intangibles and can't play centre.

6032017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

I'd do that.  I don't think Colorado does that.  That's a top 6 forward for a bottom 6 F, and two bottom pairing D.
To be fair, smith is very serviceable and it's questionable whether Lando will actually produce more then 20 goals. It's been talked about how his play has declined. Is there a huge gap between what smith brings and what smith Lando brings? Not much if you ask me.

I'd be much much more interested in Duchesne than Lando

Edited

Last edited by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 52 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum