GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 64]

12017 Sens Off-Season  Empty 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's sucks to put this thread up, but it'll give us something to talk about that's not the game 7 loss.

Ev brought up a great point about the future of the Sens goaltending. Anderson has one year left ($4.2M). There are some goalies available on the trade market before (and probably after) the expansion draft, as teams will not want to lose someone for nothing. I know guys like Fleury and Niemi are available, but I don't see either winding up here. There's also not much left in the prospect cupboard for the Sens in terms of goaltending...O'Connor and Driedger are RFAs and neither one looks like more than a long-shot at this point. Marcus Hogberg (the Hogburglar) is maybe our best goalie prospect at this point. He did have a poor showing in Bingo at the end of this season when he came over, but that was a new experience for him and also Bingo sucked hard.

The FA goalie market has a few names: Ryan Miller, Jonathan Bernier, and Steve Mason are the bigger ones...but I don't see Ottawa going after these guys.

I don't see an issue with the Sens standing pat for now and riding Matrix into next season, with Hogberg getting the shot at being Bingo's starter. Hammond is still on the books for another season and maybe he can salvage something in Bingo too...I guess I assume the Sens are going to try to resign Condon for the backup role, but I think he'll see what offers he gets in free agency before deciding. If the Sens signed Condon before the expansion draft, they'd have to expose him or Anderson...by waiting until afterwards to sign Condon, they can just expose Hammond.

Lots of other roster things to discuss (the core thankfully will remain intact), but I figured we could kick it off with goalies.

22017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IMo there will be a big trade, either Landeskog, Duchene, or Tavares. Landeskog would be such a huge add and would fit right into the system and our culture.

I would also be all over Steve Mason as a 1B. He would do well in our system.

32017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If the Sens want to improve on what happened this post season I think they have to land a big fish like one of the guys Ev mentioned.  Of those guys I'd like to see Landeskog as well due to his personality and leadership. I think you also see something big happen on the back end and maybe Colin White gets some breathing room to really show his worth.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri May 26, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

42017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like White but he can also be dangled for immediate help. Our window is now. Keep Chabot at all costs. Adding that one big forward will help us immensely.

However a small trade involving our 1st and other small pieces would be nice.

52017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Get a big time forward. One of Landeskog or Duchene would be ideal. Go and do it.

As mentioned, don't trade Chabot. He's a weapon for us next year.

Darkhorse to acquire: Drouin for Ceci + 1st.

62017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We add a guy like Landeskog and add another offensive D man, who can play both ends of the ice of course, and we're Cup contenders. That is all things being equal of course.

Colin White and Thomas Chabot in the lineup fulltime as well for that added youthful spark and this team will lead the division and be a team to be reckoned with. On a side note I hope the Pens crash and burn those bastards.

- Unknown Author

72017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson's salary is only $3.1M, I believe. I don't think they'll keep Condon, he has earned a big raise.

Out:
Kelly
Neil
Wingels
Stalberg
Methot (Vegas)
Condon (?)

In:
White
Chabot

Defense:
Karlsson - Phaneuf/Chabot/Claesson
Ceci - Chabot/Claesson
Wideman - Boro/Claesson
Harpur
Englund

Centers: Turris-Brassard-Pageau-White

Wingers: Stone-Ryan-Hoffman-MacArthur-Smith-Burrows-Dzingel-Pyatt

That's not a bad lineup. Of course there is no guard depth so we would need to add.

Dater (Colorado) is convinced they are or should be moving Duchene. Too small, IMO. Would rather just go the FA route to get a decent 3rd liner. Add a pending UFA at the deadline for picks.

I really don't think we need regular season help.

82017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Methot won't be picked. They will keep him. Stalberg will be resigned imo.

92017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure that methot will be picked either. I guess they will have talks with vegas to see who they might be interested in. If it's Widema, as it's been rumoured, then I'm ok with that. If it's Ceci then we should look at trading him and move Phaneuf to the right.
I think Tavares gets resigned. Barring any surprises we are likely looking at Lando, Drouin or Duchesne . I don't especially like what I've read about the decline of Lando since he came into the league, so I'm not sure he's my prime candidate. Although it is in Colorado. I also wonder if Drouin would do well in Boucher's system. Although if he does then he's my prime candidate. Ceci and a first should do it. I like Drouin's versatility also. Center or LW. He'd do much better out of Colorado. He should likely cost the same as Drouin.

IMO White and Chabot are our untouchables in prospects. Brown is available but I'd deal firsts before him.

I'm not sure we offer any of our rentals contracts. I believe Condon will walk for a better contract (which Calgary will give) and wingers won't be kept either. Depending on price maybe we keep stalberg. He can work well in our system.
If we lose a Dman via expansion then I expect they try to fill internally. Probably add some depth via trade before the deadline

102017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't like any of the goalies available right now. I'd prefer we'd acquire a prospect that's close to ready after we see what the hogburgler is capable of doing.
I would resign Condon but not on more than 2 years. Probably at around 2 mill a year. I think he walks though.

112017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we don't have a capable back up maybe we call Carolina and see what they'd be willing to give up for us to clear their logjam and take Ward off their hands

122017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:If we don't have a capable back up maybe we call Carolina and see what they'd be willing to give up for us to clear their logjam and take Ward off their hands

Ward stinks. Mason is far better

132017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri May 26, 2017 11:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:If we don't have a capable back up maybe we call Carolina and see what they'd be willing to give up for us to clear their logjam and take Ward off their hands

Ward stinks. Mason is far better

I don't know. I haven't see anything to indicate to me that Mason is better. I'm thinking back up position anyways. Mason will look for a multi year deal which I wouldn't be inclined to give to him.

142017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat May 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

"Andrew Foote
@amkfoote

Follow
More
Mike Condon says he wants to stay here. Knows #Sens might take time to shape team this offseason."

looks like we may be able to keep Condon

152017 Sens Off-Season  Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat May 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:"Andrew Foote
@amkfoote

Follow
More
Mike Condon says he wants to stay here. Knows #Sens might take time to shape team this offseason."

looks like we may be able to keep Condon

That would honestly be perfect.
Hell be asking for at least 2 mill I would imagine for a few years.
I don't think he's a legitimate starter but he could be a Brian Elliott type of goalie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 64]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum