GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 64]

4662017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:43 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:The penguins had zero guys like reaves the last two seasons...
But they did have Sidney Cussing Crosby and Malkin and a bunch of other freaking useful players.
Made up for a very average D

How was that revelant at all to what I said? I said you don't need guys who are just there to hit or fight

4672017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:02 am

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Boucher likes having him keep the winger honest so he will definitely be in the lineup

4682017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:The penguins had zero guys like reaves the last two seasons...
But they did have Sidney Cussing Crosby and Malkin and a bunch of other freaking useful players.
Made up for a very average D

How was that revelant at all to what I said? I said you don't need guys who are just there to hit or fight

Because it's hard to use the penguins as reasoning for anything. They are like a hockey anomaly. Barely any team can replicate what they have. Maybe the oilers someday. I wouldn't use the penguins to prove any point because no one will be able to put together that type of team to win. So yeah, I think prags has a point on how to win in the playoffs with a regular team without having one of the best hockey players ever. And then some.

That being said, I know we have karlsson and he's amongst the top 5 players in the league but I'd argue we lack the support cast or at least they haven't matured yet. Maybe soon.

4692017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tumbleweed

4702017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, hey, it's raining again.

4712017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dorion promised a decision on Stalberg by Monday at the latest. That's literally *it* when it comes to the Sens. Summer is in full swing, Costco has snowsuits and gloves out on display,
and we are in hockey limbo.

4722017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Oh,  hey,  it's raining again.

This is the new normal.

4732017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:06 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Dorion promised a decision on Stalberg by Monday at the latest.  That's literally *it* when it comes to the Sens.  Summer is in full swing,  Costco has snowsuits and gloves out on display,
and we are in hockey limbo.

Alright, so I will pose a question to keep this alive for a little longer.

If Pageau is awarded a contract north of $3M per annum, is he worthwhile to keep as the 3C?

4742017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:23 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ya, you keep him and then trade him if you have to at some point to stay under the cap when we resign Turris, Stone, Karlsson, etc....

4752017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still think that a 3rd line center at 3 mill is decent. Especially one like Pageau that is borderline top6. I think there's plenty of untapped potential with this guy and I think the org is very happy with him and would like to keep him long term. Reminds me of vermette at times. I think he's also got a similar ceiling to vermette.

What I would like is the sens to go after jagr to play with Pageau, I think he would help Pageau explode and that would be an ultra dangerous 3rd line. Gives us all the time we need with white to slide in and alternate on the 4rth line and probably makes an other winger expandable for trading for a Dman.

4762017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I still think that a 3rd line center at 3 mill is decent. Especially one like Pageau that is borderline top6. I think there's plenty of untapped potential with this guy and I think the org is very happy with him and would like to keep him long term. Reminds me of vermette at times. I think he's also got a similar ceiling to vermette.

What I would like is the sens to go after jagr to play with Pageau, I think he would help Pageau explode and that would be an ultra dangerous 3rd line. Gives us all the time we need with white to slide in and alternate on the 4rth line and probably makes an other winger expandable for trading for a Dman.

At what cost? I don't mean financial cost, but adding Jagr could potentially take White or Dzingel out of the lineup. Is it worth it? What about Burrows who was brought in to be a "top-six" forward who many of us have on the 4th line in our mock lineups. Could Burrows have a similar impact to Jagr on the third line?

4772017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I still think that a 3rd line center at 3 mill is decent. Especially one like Pageau that is borderline top6. I think there's plenty of untapped potential with this guy and I think the org is very happy with him and would like to keep him long term. Reminds me of vermette at times. I think he's also got a similar ceiling to vermette.

At what cost? I don't mean financial cost, but adding Jagr could potentially take White or Dzingel out of the lineup. Is it worth it? What about Burrows who was brought in to be a "top-six" forward who many of us have on the 4th line in our mock lineups. Could Burrows have a similar impact to Jagr on the third line?
Well I think dorion was being hopeful that burrows would be a top 6 forward. And yes that would push burrows to the 4rth line. As for white well I'd have him start in Belleville and make him an injury call up. It shouldn't take too long until Bobby Ryan breaks a finger Sarcasm
But seriously, I think white as a full time player in the line-up isn't the best option. Work him in.

4782017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IMO jagr is completely done.

4792017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:IMO jagr is completely done.

That's a shame, but it had to happen eventually. I can't even really comment, I didn't watch a ton of the Panthers last year (or at all).

4802017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:IMO jagr is completely done.

That's a shame, but it had to happen eventually.  I can't even really comment, I didn't watch a ton of the Panthers last year (or at all).
The panthers sucked last year. Terrible coaching. He still got over 40 points . I don't know about being done. Too much talent. As long as the body holds up he'll still be able to contribute. Would be a great fit with Pageau.

4812017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stahlberg signs 2 year deal with EV Zug in the Swiss League.

4822017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No big loss there.

4832017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:07 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fare thee well Stalberg...we hardly knew you. He must have wanted to go back overseas...he must've been offered at least one NHL contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum