GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 47 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 64]

4512017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Chabot is ready, has been for a while now. He's better or at least equal to Charlie McAvoy and we saw how he played in the playoffs.

I said the exact same thing. Chabot will be in the NHL this year.

4522017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see a spot for Boro until there are injuries then. If Chabot makes the team, he plays.

4532017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I don't see a spot for Boro until there are injuries then.  If Chabot makes the team, he plays.

We could see a situation where they dress 7 d-men to start the year. The problem I see is Wideman, Karlsson, and Chabot shouldn't be killing penalties leaving just Ceci, Phaneuf, and Claesson. Karlsson will kill penalties, Wideman too. But a bigger guy in front of the net makes more sense.

But if they do dress 7 d-men then only 11 forwards dress. One of Dzingel, White or Thompson are probably SOL then

4542017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="DefenceWinsChampionships"]
PTFlea wrote: The problem I see is Wideman, Karlsson, and Chabot shouldn't be killing penalties leaving just Ceci, Phaneuf, and Claesson. Karlsson will kill penalties, Wideman too. But a bigger guy in front of the net makes more sense.

Karlsson is coming off pretty much his best season ever and killed penalties a bunch. Let's let him do that.

4552017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I don't see a spot for Boro until there are injuries then.  If Chabot makes the team, he plays.

We could see a situation where they dress 7 d-men to start the year. The problem I see is Wideman, Karlsson, and Chabot shouldn't be killing penalties leaving just Ceci, Phaneuf, and Claesson. Karlsson will kill penalties, Wideman too. But a bigger guy in front of the net makes more sense.

But if they do dress 7 d-men then only 11 forwards dress. One of Dzingel, White or Thompson are probably SOL then

Not Thompson, that's for sure.

4562017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:55 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

You got it.

That's why I keep thinking that a trade is coming. Can we see a blockbuster for Duchene and Barrie with Smith, Ceci, Dzingel + going back the other way?

4572017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Brass-Duchene-Ryan
Mac-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows
Extra: Paul, McCormick

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Claesson-Barrie
Boro-Wideman
Extra: Chabot

4582017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:

You got it.

That's why I keep thinking that a trade is coming. Can we see a blockbuster for Duchene and Barrie with Smith, Ceci, Dzingel + going back the other way?

What's the +? Laugh1 If you're thinking Chabot and White, then perhaps.

4592017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro is not sitting. Led the league in hits and tops on the team in fights. And now Neil is gone.

4602017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neither of those is important

4612017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:06 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Boucher loves Boro.  He will not sit.

4622017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Neither of those is important

Reigning two time champs don't agree. There is a reason Reaves is a Penguin and Bonino is not.

4632017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also, while hitting is often not important in the regular season (you take a guy out, you help their next opponent) it becomes vitally important in the playoffs.

4642017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The penguins had zero guys like reaves the last two seasons...

4652017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The penguins had zero guys like reaves the last two seasons...
But they did have Sidney Cussing Crosby and Malkin and a bunch of other freaking useful players.
Made up for a very average D

4662017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
But they did have Sidney Cussing Crosby and Malkin and a bunch of other freaking useful players.

How was that revelant at all to what I said? I said you don't need guys who are just there to hit or fight

4672017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:02 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Boucher likes having him keep the winger honest so he will definitely be in the lineup

4682017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

How was that revelant at all to what I said? I said you don't need guys who are just there to hit or fight

Because it's hard to use the penguins as reasoning for anything. They are like a hockey anomaly. Barely any team can replicate what they have. Maybe the oilers someday. I wouldn't use the penguins to prove any point because no one will be able to put together that type of team to win. So yeah, I think prags has a point on how to win in the playoffs with a regular team without having one of the best hockey players ever. And then some.

That being said, I know we have karlsson and he's amongst the top 5 players in the league but I'd argue we lack the support cast or at least they haven't matured yet. Maybe soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 47 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum