GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #63: BJs @ Sens, Mar 4, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bobrovsky has stopped 95 of the last 98 shots he has faced.  On other hand, the Jackets have scored one goal in their last two games, while collecting three of a possible four points in the process (a 1-0 OT loss in Montreal followed by a 1-0 home win against the league leading Wild).

The last time the two teams met the Jackets skated away with a 7-6 overtime victory. I was at the game and, although it was exciting, it was clearly not one of Condon's better outings.  The other game was a 2-0 road win for the Sens, which *was* one of Condon's better outings, as he stopped all 42 shots he faced and collected the first star of the game.

This will be the first time that Anderson faces Columbus this season. Andy is 11-5 lifetime against the Jackets, with two shutouts. Last season he won the first two games before giving up 3 goals on 39 shots in a 4-2 loss.

Hopefully The System will keep the shot count low and delay Columbus breaking out of their scoring slump for one more game.  

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good day for scoreboard watching last night. Leafs lost in regulation, as expected, and so did Tampa. The Islanders lost in the shootout, but the loser point gives then a bit of separation on the Leafs for the last playoff position.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alright, Matrix , it's BEASTMODE time. Let's do this.

Gotta keep winning here. I wonder if Chris Neil ever gets back in the lineup.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Alright, Matrix , it's BEASTMODE time.  Let's do this.

Gotta keep winning here.  I wonder if Chris Neil ever gets back in the lineup.

"Probably not." The public shaming of playing him for 3 minutes per game was the beginning of the end.

Maybe when Boucher needs him in a physical playoff series, Neil tells him to go Diddle himself like Nilan said to "Bones" Bowness.

In the meantime GO SENS GO!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Alright, Matrix , it's BEASTMODE time.  Let's do this.

Gotta keep winning here.  I wonder if Chris Neil ever gets back in the lineup.

"Probably not." The public shaming of playing him for 3 minutes per game was the beginning of the end.

Maybe when Boucher needs him in a physical playoff series, Neil tells him to go Diddle himself like Nilan said to "Bones" Bowness.

In the meantime GO SENS GO!!!!

Well, that's all a bit silly. GB's job is to put what he considers to be the best team out on the ice to get a W every night. If Neil isn't that guy anymore (as a 37 year old grinder), then so be it. Neil had a tremendous run for the Sens. Once his finger heals he'll be ready and will definitely slot into a few games. 

And I'd bet money if you asked Neil what he thought about playing 3 minutes he'd say something like, "I'm ready and willing to play every shift that the coach wants me to play. If that's 4 or 5 shifts a game, then I'll give it 110% for 4 or 5 shifts. Obviously I'd like to play more, but I trust him to use me as he sees fit. All that matters is the W." 

Neil has always had a great attitude, but he isn't as effective as he's been in the past. He's 37 and still playing in the NHL. That's fantastic. His days of playing 15 shifts are done, and that's ok.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Get that contract ready. After that stalberg goal PTFlea will want it signed by the morning! Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Get that contract ready. After that stalberg goal PTFlea will want it signed by the morning! Laugh1

He'll want to wait THAT long?!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mark Stone is a Cussing superstar.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we keep getting back ups even though where we stand in the standings... is it because we aren't much of a scoring team and they think they might limit our ability to score or are we just plainly not taken seriously?

It's a good thing for us to climb up in the standings but it's not painting a realistic picture of how we should be playing against better goalies in the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really enjoy stalberg's game.  Size, speed, some offense. I've always liked him, sign him up anytime.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also find them the toughest team to play against along the boards we've had in a long time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I also find them the toughest team to play against along the boards we've had in a long time.

They are definitely making it more labouring for teams to play through our system.
I was wondering what that might look like though, when it's playoff season and teams put in that extra effort. Will we be even more frustrating or will they break through?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I also find them the toughest team to play against along the boards we've had in a long time.

They are definitely making it more labouring for teams to play through our system.
I was wondering what that might look like though, when it's playoff season and teams put in that extra effort. Will we be even more frustrating or will they break through?
Those two acquisitions helped a lot, stalberg is huge out there.  Pyatt's a beauty too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Steve Lloyd tweeted that the Sens are something like 14-5-2 against Metropolitan Division teams. As of that was a reason not to take the possibility of finishing first (and facing the 4th best from the Met in round one). We are 4-3 against the three teams behind the Caps, the only teams we would likely face. In two of those wins we faced the backup, and in another we played Pittsburgh on the second of back to back nights, after they played Washington the night before.

I'm still worried about facing the top wildcard team in the first round.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice job by our Senatores. Wasn't overly exciting, but Matrix was very good and the guys out worked 'em.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum