GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #37: Sens @ Caps, Jan 1, 2017, 7:30 pm

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Both teams are undefeated in 2017. One of these streaks will come to an end.

Seriously, though, the Senators need a win. After beating Buffalo, the Bruins are tied with Ottawa at 44 points, and this will be one of the three games we hold in hand. Tampa is just 2 back, Florida 4 and Toronto 5 (and could be closer by game time, and they will have a game in hand by day's end). It's getting tight on the Atlantic and, while we still have a lead and/or games in hand, we have to avoid another three game losing streak.

Smith will not play (abdominal strain). Condon expected to start, this will be his 14th straight appearance (he started all but one of these games and played most of the other as Hammond got hurt early).

After tonight's game the Senators have their "bye week" and won't play until they host the Capitals on the 7th.

Go Sens go!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm gonna suggest that we destroy them Crapitals!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm gonna suggest that we destroy them Crapitals!!!!

GDT - Game #37: Sens @ Caps,  Jan 1, 2017, 7:30 pm 47f60f10

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty even period. Caps PK was very good. Sens better be real careful because they got away with a couple plays that could have been called for minors. The refs will surely be looking to give them the next one.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes. Even Goodrow Wilson has turned his back on Lazar.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Yikes. Even Goodrow Wilson has turned his back on Lazar.
Why what did he say?  I'm curious how anyone could justify a different player than Lazar sitting when mac comes back.   Eventually no offense earns you a seat, I would assume.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I only caught the last ten minutes or so of the third. Their inability to get much going on the two minute 5 on 3 was interesting. It's a tough part of the schedule right now, but the Sennies have to pick up points with how well some other teams are doing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Why what did he say?  I'm curious how anyone could justify a different player than Lazar sitting when mac comes back.   Eventually no offense earns you a seat, I would assume.

I guess he made a horrific giveaway earlier in his own zone. Later on, after he put it right on Backstrom's tape in his own zone, Goodie expressed surprise that he was allowed a shift after the first giveaway.

Speaking of giveaways, you probably couldn't give Lazar away right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I guess he made a horrific giveaway earlier in his own zone. Later on, after he put it right on Backstrom's tape in his own zone, Goodie expressed surprise that he was allowed a shift after the first giveaway.

Speaking of giveaways, you probably couldn't give Lazar away right now.

Yeah, I don't think you're gonna get much at all if you're to trade him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You might be surprised.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good times Smile

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1914007

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As depressing as that is, how about that Chabot guy? Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot is certainly having a coming out party. If they manage to beat the Swedes I'll just go ahead and assume it will be on the strength of another goal and assist or two from Chabot. Chabot has 3+4=7 with two games to go, third on the team in scoring. He's playing in all situations.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure about all this spoon and gloom. We're right in the mix and will only get better when Smith, Anderson, and Mac are back.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not only that, we played a Cup contender very well.  Not upset about where we're at.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum