GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #38: Caps @ Sens, Jan 7, 2017, 7:00 pm

+2
PTFlea
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're just about half way through the season.  A fringe playoff team.  Gotta start stringing together some Ws.  Holtby should start for the Caps, who are coming off a 5-0 win at the expense of the red hot Blue Jackets.

Ottawa...well... I don't remember when they last played.  They had a practice last night, and it should be Condon in net. Zack Smith will be back in the lineup, but apparently someone else will be a game-time decision.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gonna be a tough game, I think we'll be ready, but rusty.  Survive the first 10 minutes

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Gonna be a tough game, I think we'll be ready, but rusty.  Survive the first 10 minutes

Good to have that "rusty" excuse in their back pocket. There should be no excuses.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:We're just about half way through the season.  A fringe playoff team.  Gotta start stringing together some Ws.  Holtby should start for the Caps, who are coming off a 5-0 win at the expense of the red hot Blue Jackets.

Ottawa...well... I don't remember when they last played.  They had a practice last night, and it should be Condon in net.  Zack Smith will be back in the lineup, but apparently someone else will be a game-time decision.

Why fringe? They've held down that 2nd spot in the division just about all season long it seems like. To me, this is a playoff team. Full stop.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Gonna be a tough game, I think we'll be ready, but rusty.  Survive the first 10 minutes

Good to have that "rusty" excuse in their back pocket. There should be no excuses.

Agreed. No excuses. Go out and win.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I saw the team interview on TSN and how fitting is it that z smith was wearing a baseball cap with gongshow written on it. Likely what these games will look like by the end of next weekend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How did I miss this thread? I thought I refreshed and still didn't see anything. Oh, well, deleting the other one, repost here:

Still second the Division but now with two other teams tied for points.  The Sens hold three games in hand on the Bruins and one on the surging Leafs, as they conclude their home-and-home-but-with-a-week-in-between series with Washington.

Almost a week ago the Sens played well, but ended up losing to the Caps for their second  three game losing streak of the season. While the Sens were off the Bruins and Bolts both managed to lose twice in regulation, leaving the Sens in possession of that second place in the Atlantic. Meanwhile the Leafs put together a 6-0-1 run that got them into a playoff spot, just ahead of the Bruins on games played.

The Lightning are down two goals to the Flyers in the third, the Bruins are playing the Panthers and the Leafs host the injured Habs tonight.  No three point games, please.

Go Sens go!!!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know I'm all doom and gloom but I think we could walk out of this stretch with half of those won. Maybe more if we can push some of them to OT.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Agreed. No excuses. Go out and win.

Boucher did an interview yesterday where he said that they've had this bye week idea the Swiss league for a while. They've tried everything. The of nothing that can be done -- teams just come out today and it takes some time to get back to have shape. If you are lucky you get out of it after a period and if you are really lucky you get out of it without being too far behind.

They played San Jose as they were coming off their 6 days rest and had a 2-0 lhad way through the first period. The Sharks had 19 shots on goal through two periods, then woke up in the third and put up another 18. That Kelly goal very late and Pageau's empty net shed the win, but that sluggish first also helped.

They will not have a good start. It just doesn't happen. The question is, will they survive it? Condon didn't take the time off so with any luck he'll keep them in the game until they figure things out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Ryan not playing... what is it this time...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wonder if Ryan had the flu. Can't be injured after a five day break.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not a bad game by the Senasnores, it's just really hard to score against the Caps. Not much else to say. We're in a really tough stretch here.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, totally unexpected turn of events...
I guess we held the fort down tighter than I would have thought. Looking for positives.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Yes, totally unexpected turn of events...
I guess we held the fort down tighter than I would have thought.  Looking for positives.

We didn't have to suffer through a 5 on 3 PP and we're miraculously still in a playoff spot. How positive is that?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yes, totally unexpected turn of events...
I guess we held the fort down tighter than I would have thought.  Looking for positives.

We didn't have to suffer through a 5 on 3 PP and we're miraculously still in a playoff spot. How positive is that?

Man that just highlights how much the Atlantic sucks this year

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum