GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 40 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 64]

2412017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I think our best option still remains to try and trade Ceci plus our first for Duchesne.

The D will sort itself out. Might add a FA in that position to solidify our back end.

Don't see us being the best offer out there anymore. Maybe after we've worked all the expansion stuff out and signed/traded for a D-man can we do something like that, but I don't see us being able to get Duchene with Ceci and a 1st. Mind you, Colorado lost its dance partner when the Habs traded for Drouin.

2422017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I think our best option still remains to try and trade Ceci plus our first for Duchesne.

The D will sort itself out. Might add a FA in that position to solidify our back end.

Don't see us being the best offer out there anymore.  Maybe after we've worked all the expansion stuff out and signed/traded for a D-man can we do something like that, but I don't see us being able to get Duchene with Ceci and a 1st.  Mind you, Colorado lost its dance partner when the Habs traded for Drouin.
I wouldn't be comfortable trading more than the value of those assets. TBH Duchesne had a terrible season last year and they can't be asking for more than that.

2432017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:07 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I doubt we're going to trade another defenceman to get a forward after we lose Methot tomorrow.

2442017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

no guarantee they take Methot.

2452017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:07 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:no guarantee they take Methot.

Absolutely true. They may have a completely different idea than we do. Some hockey insiders have been saying Wideman would be the guy. Ryan is definitely a possibility too. As is Claesson.

That said, I think Methot is certainly the likelihood.

2462017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They have so many d-men to pick from. The only reason to want Methot, IMO, is to deal him afterwards. Technically they can trade him to another team and then that team trades him back to Ottawa.

2472017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:They have so many d-men to pick from. The only reason to want Methot, IMO, is to deal him afterwards. Technically they can trade him to another team and then that team trades him back to Ottawa.
Yeah, I think that might be the logic. I don't think they hold unto Methot if draft him.
They could choose to draft Ryan if they want to use him as an American star to publicize or they could go with a young Dman if they see long term potential in them.

But apperently McPhee has come out and said that he doesn't think many if any of the guys they will draft will still be with the team by the time they become competitive. Mind you that a while away.

2482017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:32 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:They have so many d-men to pick from. The only reason to want Methot, IMO, is to deal him afterwards. Technically they can trade him to another team and then that team trades him back to Ottawa.
Yeah, I think that might be the logic. I don't think they hold unto Methot if draft him.
They could choose to draft Ryan if they want to use him as an American star to publicize or they could go with a young Dman if they see long term potential in them.

But apperently McPhee has come out and said that he doesn't think many if any of the guys they will draft will still be with the team by the time they become competitive. Mind you that a while away.

What's to say they don't pick up Methot and trade him to Montreal or Toronto? Ottawa is not in a safe spot here at all.

2492017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

What's to say they don't pick up Methot and trade him to Montreal or Toronto? Ottawa is not in a safe spot here at all.

Speak of the devil: http://www.tsn.ca/golden-knights-leafs-in-trade-talks-as-deadline-nears-1.784337

2502017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I couldn't care less if the Leafs got him. Before this season Ottawa was terrible defensively with Methot playing Top 2 minutes. He's nothing special guys.

2512017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If they trade for methot good for them. If anything, Dorion has shown us he's not afraid to make trades if we have a position of weakness. If we need someone to play with karlsson and it can't be satisfied internally then he'll adress it.

I hate to draw comparisons because it's rarely accurate at all but this reminds me of the komisarek to Toronto situation. Markov had largely inflated konisarek's stock to the point where he couldn't deliver without him to meet expectations. Is methot a better player? For sure. But he benefits immensely from playing with karlsson

2522017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

New jerseys in 20 minutes.

2532017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They're the same as old jerseys . Which I'm fine with

2542017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:I couldn't care less if the Leafs got him. Before this season Ottawa was terrible defensively with Methot playing Top 2 minutes. He's nothing special guys.

The idea was that ottawa sucked hard with kalrsson, ceci, methot and whatever loser they tried in what is Phaneuf's spot. So adding another real top 4 guy changed ottawas d, not what they had previously.

I agree to an extent though, he's replaceable, but it's not optimum

2552017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any updates?! PTFlea?!

2562017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:They're the same as old jerseys . Which I'm fine with

Yeah, no major differences. I don't think teams were allowed to do any major redesigns for the initial Adidas jerseys.

2572017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What time does this expansion draft start?

2582017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:57 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

there is no draft. The players will be announced throughout the awards show

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 40 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum