GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 40 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 64]

2262017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:33 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Isn't there a rule that a drafted player can't be traded until some deadline?

Yeah, a drafted player can't be traded until January 1st.  So many rules.
Not true. They can't be traded back to their own team till January. Some of these guys will be drafted and traded within a week

How else do you expect vegas to carry 30 NHL players?

Right you are. My apologies. Vegas can't buy out any drafted player until summer 2018.

2272017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Isn't there a rule that a drafted player can't be traded until some deadline?

Not true. They can't be traded back to their own team till January. Some of these guys will be drafted and traded within a week

Right you are.  My apologies.  Vegas can't buy out any drafted player until summer 2018.
Sorry I hope that didn't come off as snarky. There are so many rules. I didn't know about the buy out one

2282017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Right you are.  My apologies.  Vegas can't buy out any drafted player until summer 2018.
Sorry I hope that didn't come off as snarky. There are so many rules. I didn't know about the buy out one

Not at all my friend, no worries. The dopes on TGOR this morning were saying a guy couldn't get traded until Jan 1st, but yeah, they left out the important "back to his old team" caveat.

2292017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No surprises on that protected list. The only one I worry about on there is Methot. They take Ryan then good riddance and we have 7M to play with. They take CMac and we lose that one tough hit and career over risk and again more money to spend with a frenzied trade market. The rest of them are fairly replaceable.

- Unknown Author

2302017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:No surprises on that protected list.  The only one I worry about on there is Methot.  They take Ryan then good riddance and we have 7M to play with.  They take CMac and we lose that one tough hit and career over risk and again more money to spend with a frenzied trade market.  The rest of them are fairly replaceable.

Yeah, I think Methot is the logical pick for Vegas. The price to pay Vegas to not take a certain player seems to be a first rounder, and I don't think I'd give them a first rounder to protect Methot and just have them take Wideman/Claesson instead.

2312017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Although Methot would hurt to lose, I don't think it would break the team by any means. Bring Chabot in and feed him minutes much like we're doing with Ceci and I'm sure he'll turn out just fine. Ceci appears to be falling into more of that shut down roll rather than a offensive D man so he could step in there or even Phaneuf and Karlsson as a pair wouldn't be too bad.

- Unknown Author

2322017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone try that draft tool at CapFriendly? I ended up well under the cap, but no problem reaching the floor. Still, even without the pressure of reaching the floor I think Ryan can be an attractive option for LV.

Good thing we protected Dzingel.

2332017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think we have a problem replacing Kelly, Neil, Wingels, Stalberg, etc. but Ryan? Dont assume Melnyk will just want to spend $7.25M again. Even if he did, who could we find to take Ryan's minutes without giving up a good asset?

2342017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:No surprises on that protected list.  The only one I worry about on there is Methot.  They take Ryan then good riddance and we have 7M to play with.  They take CMac and we lose that one tough hit and career over risk and again more money to spend with a frenzied trade market.  The rest of them are fairly replaceable.

Yeah, I think Methot is the logical pick for Vegas. The price to pay Vegas to not take a certain player seems to be a first rounder, and I don't think I'd give them a first rounder to protect Methot and just have them take Wideman/Claesson instead.
Exactly. Let Methot leave and use that 1st rounder + to make a play for dumba and then trade Ceci for a forward. We can get a LH Dman either in FA or internally(claesson)

2352017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I don't think we have a problem replacing Kelly,  Neil,  Wingels,  Stalberg, etc. but Ryan? Dont assume Melnyk will just want to spend $7.25M again.  Even if he did, who could we find to take Ryan's minutes without giving up a good asset?

If they took Ryan I'd still want to make a play for dumba. With our first + some other asset. Then you trade Ceci plus asset for a LW forward.

I know I'm being repetitive but I see opportunities to make us better right now.

2362017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:49 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

I don't think they'd do that. If they offered a 1st rounder, my guess is that it would be conditional on Vegas picking a specific player.

2372017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I wonder if we would be on alzners radar.  I doubt it.  Diddle that sucks about methot barring a last second trade.
We made the final four. We have to start looking interesting to players.

Bet you alzner signs with tampa bay.  I'd certainly think about it

I'd sooner get Garrison from Tampa. Nice one year deal, cheap trade.

You'd rather garrison to alzner?

That's correct.
What's your logic?
Speed hockey Sens, hard shot, physical. He and Karlsson would be lethal.

2382017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I wonder if we would be on alzners radar.  I doubt it.  Diddle that sucks about methot barring a last second trade.

That's correct.
What's your logic?

I don't recall Garrison being fleet o foot really, but either way, why would Tampa Bay do that? He's one of their top 4 without question and they're relatively low on D to begin with. Maybe at the deadline if they suck, but I think they think they'll be a real force in the East next year.

Or do they think Johnson and Palat will cost that much? I dunno, 5.5 each would take them to 7 million with 17 players under contract, which should be ok.

2392017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:58 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

That's correct.
What's your logic?

I don't recall Garrison being fleet o foot really, but either way, why would Tampa Bay do that?  He's one of their top 4 without question and they're relatively low on D to begin with.  Maybe at the deadline if they suck, but I think they think they'll be a real force in the East next year.

Or do they think Johnson and Palat will cost that much?  I dunno, 5.5 each would take them to 7 million with 17 players under contract, which should be ok.
They have been trying to move garrison for a while now. I feel like garrison is only a shadow of what he used to be but you can't underestimate how karlsson will make other around him better.
You could get garrison for pennies. I'm just not sure I actually want him or if we can't get a better player if we're trying to fill that position.

2402017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think our best option still remains to try and trade Ceci plus our first for Duchesne.

The D will sort itself out. Might add a FA in that position to solidify our back end.

2412017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I think our best option still remains to try and trade Ceci plus our first for Duchesne.

The D will sort itself out. Might add a FA in that position to solidify our back end.

Don't see us being the best offer out there anymore. Maybe after we've worked all the expansion stuff out and signed/traded for a D-man can we do something like that, but I don't see us being able to get Duchene with Ceci and a 1st. Mind you, Colorado lost its dance partner when the Habs traded for Drouin.

2422017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I think our best option still remains to try and trade Ceci plus our first for Duchesne.

Don't see us being the best offer out there anymore.  Maybe after we've worked all the expansion stuff out and signed/traded for a D-man can we do something like that, but I don't see us being able to get Duchene with Ceci and a 1st.  Mind you, Colorado lost its dance partner when the Habs traded for Drouin.
I wouldn't be comfortable trading more than the value of those assets. TBH Duchesne had a terrible season last year and they can't be asking for more than that.

2432017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:07 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I doubt we're going to trade another defenceman to get a forward after we lose Methot tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 40 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum