GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 64]

4362017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:29 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Montreal replaced a hard nosed, scoring winger with Drouin. They lost Markov (assuming), Beaulieu, Emelin and replaced them with Alzner. They need a center and a mobile defenseman, so they will probably sign Jagr.

Off season isn't over yet but they have gotten worse.

4372017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sabres will be better assuming Eichel stays healthy. But other than that, are they better? Doa Pomminville have much left?

4382017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Leafs got better, but by how much is not clear. Marleau will take someone else's minutes so it's not a straight addition. Plus can Marleau keep it up? Still not sold on their goaltending and defense. Hainsey replaces Polak is probably a wash.

4392017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think the Sens got better. We were short a top scoring winger all regular season. Sure Ryan stepped up in the playoffs but, even then, it was revealed pretty clearly that this team sucks Donkey when Karlsson isn't on the ice. That's a glaring hole if you ask me. This team needs to find a way to be better without Karlsson on the ice because at best that's half a game the opponents can exploit.

- Unknown Author

4402017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't think the Sens got better.  We were short a top scoring winger all regular season.  Sure Ryan stepped up in the playoffs but, even then, it was revealed pretty clearly that this team sucks Donkey when Karlsson isn't on the ice.  That's a glaring hole if you ask me.  This team needs to find a way to be better without Karlsson on the ice because at best that's half a game the opponents can exploit.

i'm hoping that chabot can become that guy in a way that can be the back end threat when karlsson isnt on the ice. but yet we need someone else to be a big scoring threat on the top 6. it's very unlikely that we could snare Duschene since no other team is capable of doing so with offers that wold likely beat ours. there's less and less options that are probably available from the trade market. out of all of those still rumored i'm not sure we could count Lando to provide much scoring if we traded for him. he's been declining. we need a young top LW winger a la pastranak (but on the left side)

4412017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How many games will Jaros play? 20 or less?

I'll say he plays 15+

4422017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:How many games will Jaros play?  20 or less?  

I'll say he plays 15+
Might not even play more than a couple.
I expect Englund to be further up the depth chart and for the right they like playing Boro on his off wing so unless he's really lights out he'll have to get used to the A first.

4432017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dorion this morning on TSN 1200, laughing, "Chabot is NHL ready".

He also said that a "decision" on Stalberg will be made in the next day or two.

4442017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:How many games will Jaros play?  20 or less?  

I'll say he plays 15+
Might not even play more than a couple.
I expect Englund to be further up the depth chart and for the right they like playing Boro on his off wing so unless he's really lights out he'll have to get used to the A first.

Actually yeah, I think you're right about Englund.

4452017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Dorion this morning on TSN 1200, laughing, "Chabot is NHL ready".

He also said that a "decision" on Stalberg will be made in the next day or two.

Right away or after some seasoning in the ahl is the question, but it fits with the decision to not sign a dman.

4462017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot is ready, has been for a while now. He's better or at least equal to Charlie McAvoy and we saw how he played in the playoffs.

4472017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We certainly have a few Dmen that will be knocking at the door in the next few years. Can't see them all playing for the sens.

Did you guys hear dorion' story about his kid listening in on trade talks? He pretty much admitted to trying to work some sort of deals with other GMs

4482017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:We certainly have a few Dmen that will be knocking at the door in the next few years. Can't see them all playing for the sens.

Did you guys hear dorion' story about his kid listening in on trade talks? He pretty much admitted to trying to work some sort of deals with other GMs

The kid was working a deal?

4492017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We certainly have a few Dmen that will be knocking at the door in the next few years. Can't see them all playing for the sens.

The kid was working a deal?
No he was saying how his kid was listening to him talking about trades with players and asked him if he was gonna pull a deal. Saying that his kid knew what was going on. Inadvertently he pretty much let us know that the org is discussing trades.

Dorion is great in interviews. He has a big mouth and can't help himself.
As long as no names slip I'm fine with that.

4502017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:22 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is this supposed to be news that Dorion is discussing trades? Wouldn't you expect a GM to pretty much always be discussing this?

4512017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Chabot is ready, has been for a while now. He's better or at least equal to Charlie McAvoy and we saw how he played in the playoffs.

I said the exact same thing. Chabot will be in the NHL this year.

4522017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see a spot for Boro until there are injuries then. If Chabot makes the team, he plays.

4532017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I don't see a spot for Boro until there are injuries then.  If Chabot makes the team, he plays.

We could see a situation where they dress 7 d-men to start the year. The problem I see is Wideman, Karlsson, and Chabot shouldn't be killing penalties leaving just Ceci, Phaneuf, and Claesson. Karlsson will kill penalties, Wideman too. But a bigger guy in front of the net makes more sense.

But if they do dress 7 d-men then only 11 forwards dress. One of Dzingel, White or Thompson are probably SOL then

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum