GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 52 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 64]

6012017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:36 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do you?

To Col: Smith, Wideman, Englund
To Ott: Landeskog

Depends on whether I am Ottawa or Colorado.

6022017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:

I'd do that.  I don't think Colorado does that.  That's a top 6 forward for a bottom 6 F, and two bottom pairing D.

Landeskog is no better than Smith, just more expensive. He is a 3rd liner with intangibles and can't play centre.

6032017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

I'd do that.  I don't think Colorado does that.  That's a top 6 forward for a bottom 6 F, and two bottom pairing D.
To be fair, smith is very serviceable and it's questionable whether Lando will actually produce more then 20 goals. It's been talked about how his play has declined. Is there a huge gap between what smith brings and what smith Lando brings? Not much if you ask me.

I'd be much much more interested in Duchesne than Lando

Edited

Last edited by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

6042017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Landeskog is no better than Smith, just more expensive.  He is a 3rd liner with intangibles and can't play centre.
Vertigo

6052017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

3rd liner? Lol

6062017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:59 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:3rd liner? Lol
Landeskog is definitely a 3rd liner on a decent team.  Not a great skater who is not much of a scorer.

6072017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want him just so we can play some Star Wars themed music when Lando scores. Smile

- Unknown Author

6082017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
Landeskog is definitely a 3rd liner on a decent team.  Not a great skater who is not much of a scorer.

He will score more goals than Smith and will double his assist totals. Is he worth *that much* more? Hard to say. But comparing him to Smith is a little strange.

6092017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

I couldn't disagree more and I really don't think there's any evidence to your claim. Last year was his only poor year, playing on a dumpster fire team. And he still had a 20 goal pace. He's been at 20+ goals over 82 games in every season he's been in the league. He's not a dynamic offensive player but he is, without question, a 2nd liner at the minimum. I'm really not sure why you think he's a third liner. He's a lock for 50-60 points every year on a non-dumpster fire squad. He's physical, excellent defensively, and is a strong leader. I think he would be a huge add for the Sens. He would fit Boucher's system very well and would give us that big power forward we've been missing.

6102017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly why I doubt we get him. We'd probably have to give up more than Dorion would be willing to part with.

- Unknown Author

6112017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I want him just so we can play some Star Wars themed music when Lando scores. Smile

Laugh1

6122017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Landeskog is no better than Smith, just more expensive.  He is a 3rd liner with intangibles and can't play centre.

What. The. Diddle.

6132017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So, as it stands right now Ottawa is going in relying on Hoff, Turris, Stone and I think a rejuvenated Brassard (or a Brassard that now knows what to expect in Ottawa) and Ryan - who I think can rebound (fingers crossed). A lot hinges on MacArthur and Pageau/Smith regaining some of their slightly lost offensive mojo.

Defence looks good and deep, with a few options during the course of a grinding year - like sitting Claesson once in a while to have him re-focus, ditto Oduya, ditto Boro etc. We can have a nice revolving door of players on the back end until someone claims the spot.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Burrows
Dzingel - Thompson - Pyatt
*they might try to get a veteran who can be the 13th forward on a PTO, unless they want White up with the team as the 13th, but I doubt they do.

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya/Boro - Wideman
Oduya/Boro/Claesson as the 7th D depending

Anderson
Condon

You know what, I'm pretty happy with this lineup. Injuries will tax us, but that's the way of the league.

6142017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

What.  The.  Diddle.
Lando is not the player you think he is.  He is a shell of the player he was in his first 2 seasons.

6152017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

What.  The.  Diddle.
Lando is not the player you think he is.  He is a shell of the player he was in his first 2 seasons.

His second season was worse than his next three. You're vastly underrating him. He's not a superstar, but is a 2nd liner at the worst. You trade Smith for him without hesitation.

6162017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't know how much you can blame Lando's lack of improved production on playing with Colorado when he's given great C's to play with. If anything he hasn't shown he can get it done. I'd worry more about his numbers regressing playing with Brassard.

6172017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

What.  The.  Diddle.

The Colorado Avalanche are defective - for whatever reason. I'd say Lando is closer to Mark Stone than he is Zack Smith. I'm not enamoured with him, but I'd LOVE to have him as 2nd line LW. Like...what a perfect addition to the 2nd line.

6182017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 41 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

What.  The.  Diddle.

His second season was worse than his next three. You're vastly underrating him. He's not a superstar, but is a 2nd liner at the worst. You trade Smith for him without hesitation.
I'd also trade smith for him but at what additional cost? I believe there could be better players available at the cost it is rumoured To be

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 52 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum