GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 45 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 64]

3762017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

really don't care if they do nothing, this class is very weak. But I bet we sign a dman. Everyone is saying we will.

3772017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:really don't care if they do nothing, this class is very weak. But I bet we sign a dman. Everyone is saying hoping we will.
Fixed

3782017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:really don't care if they do nothing, this class is very weak. But I bet we sign a dman. Everyone is saying hoping we will.
Fixed

No, I mean legit insiders have said they are targeting d-men. They will sign one if they can.

3792017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Fixed

No, I mean legit insiders have said they are targeting d-men. They will sign one if they can.
The only thing I heard from insiders is that "they should" be targeting one. Maybe I missed something. I hope I am. Heck, hey have money with methot gone.

3802017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stone signs with Calgary. Sorry PTFlea....

3812017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I knew he wanted to stay there, he has young twins and didn't want to leave.

3822017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think the signing of a D-man may have been high on their priority list wen they were still shopping Phaneuf and Ceci. D-depth was our strength and we lost one. Admittedly it was a top-four but, because Erik can make anyone look good, I think a combination of Claesson and others (Phaneuf/Boro/Chabot/Harpur) will be doable for the so-called top pairing (it's Erik and a cast of many). After that the rest of the D-lineup is unchanged, and are adding (potentially) Chabot, Harpur, Englund, Jaros. No-more need to have Jokipaaka as your 7th or Kostka as a call-up. Hearing lots of good things about Jaros.

Oh, and, by the way, Jaros shoots right.

Brennan thinks we'll be getting two forwards. While I think he was kinda just stirring the pot (to say the opposite of what others were saying) he has a point, and it's something I said earlier. We are losing Kelly, Neil, Wingels, Stalberg from the lineup. We are gaining White. We also won't have Brassard at the start. Logic dictates we need some forward depth and I don't think there's much help from Belleville.

White replaces Kelly. McCormick replaces Neil.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
Pyatt-White-McCormick

That's a better forward lineup than last season. And if MacArthur gets back to game shape, Ryan continues his strong play from the playoffs, Dzingel doesn't slow down in the second half -- then that's a *much* better lineup.

On the other hand, if CMac gets injured, Ryan regresses, Dzingel has a sophomore slump and Brassard misses more than a couple weeks ...

3832017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I think the signing of a D-man may have been high on their priority list wen they were still shopping Phaneuf and Ceci.  D-depth was our strength and we lost one.  Admittedly it was a top-four but, because Erik can make anyone look good, I think a combination of Claesson and others (Phaneuf/Boro/Chabot/Harpur) will be doable for the so-called top pairing (it's Erik and a cast of many). After that the rest of the D-lineup is unchanged, and are adding (potentially) Chabot, Harpur, Englund, Jaros.  No-more need to have Jokipaaka as your 7th or Kostka as a call-up.  Hearing lots of good things about Jaros.

Oh, and, by the way, Jaros shoots right.

Brennan thinks we'll be getting two forwards.  While I think he was kinda just stirring the pot (to say the opposite of what others were saying) he has a point, and it's something I said earlier.  We are losing Kelly, Neil, Wingels, Stalberg from the lineup.  We are gaining White.  We also won't have Brassard at the start.  Logic dictates we need some forward depth and I don't think there's much help from Belleville.  

White replaces Kelly.  McCormick replaces Neil.  

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
Pyatt-White-McCormick

That's a better forward lineup than last season.  And if MacArthur gets back to game shape, Ryan continues his strong play from the playoffs, Dzingel doesn't slow down in the second half  -- then that's a *much* better lineup.

On the other hand, if CMac gets injured, Ryan regresses, Dzingel has a sophomore slump and Brassard misses more than a couple weeks ...

You forgot Smith.

There's not too much you can do really, aside from replacing McCormick with someone with possible 3rd line capabilities. Burrows is okay, but nothing special. How many points can you count on an aging forward like that for? I'd really like him to start on the 4th line with Pyatt, which leaves a really big hole on the third line. Hopefully we sign someone for that spot, perhaps a guy with 2nd line potential so we can interchange the lineup.

I'd like Justin Williams. I think he's a perfect addition if we're not landing anything bigger. Righty, can play with Pageau and we can finally have a somewhat complete top to bottom roster.

3842017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yost is reporting (sorry) that Stalberg is apparently resigning with the Sens.

3852017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I forgot Smith LOL! He was in our top-six most of last season. That's hilarious. Miracle that we got to the ECF. All Hail The System.

I just figured White replaces Kelly (as 4LC) and McCormick replaces Neil (as 4LRW).

Hoffman/MacArthur are the 1LW/2LW. Then Smith/Dzingel/Burrows/Pyatt/Stalberg (if Yost is right) are all lefties. It makes absolutely no sense to re-sign Stalberg. Pyatt does what he does for less.

Looking at points/60 Hoffman was 2.81 and Burrows was next at 2.39. CMac was 2.37 in his last full season. So maybe it's not quite so clear who the 2LW is. But there's no denying we have too many bottom-six LW.

So Smith/Dzingel/Pyatt split the bottom-six LW ice time. Stalberg (I hope Yost is wrong) is also a leftie. As is Burrows (but I thought he played RW).

3862017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yost is reporting (sorry) that Stalberg is apparently resigning with the Sens.

That'd be great

3872017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hope the sens sign markov for 2 years at 6 mil each. Perfect for Ottawa

3882017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

More and more I think Markov is perfect.

3892017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nate Thompson to Ottawa?

3902017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why would you want Stalberg? What does he do that Pyatt doesn't do for less? Better points/60 (nearly identical G/60), way fewer PIM/60 (and neither one is a fighter so fewer PIMs is better), better +/-. Both can skate -- I don't think Stalberg is significantly faster, if at all. Stalberg is bigger but it's not like either one of them is a big hitter.

As for Markov, he wants 2 years. He is 38. I'd pass. Look at Streit in Pittsburgh.

3912017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Why would you want Stalberg? What does he do that Pyatt doesn't do for less?  Better points/60 (nearly identical G/60), way fewer PIM/60 (and neither one is a fighter so fewer PIMs is better), better +/-.  Both can skate -- I don't think Stalberg is significantly faster, if at all.  Stalberg is bigger but it's not like either one of them is a big hitter.

As for Markov, he wants 2 years.  He is 38.  I'd pass.  Look at Streit in Pittsburgh.

I like Stalberg's size and speed and ability to move up and down the lineup. Better than Nate friggin Thompson.

3922017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I take that back, Anaheim fans have nothing but glowing things to say about Thompson. They say we'll end up loving him from shift one.

OK then

3932017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We used to say that about Neil. Crowd favorite. 1 goal, 1 assist in 30 regular season games. How's Curtis, anyway?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 45 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum