GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 44 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 64]

3612017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phaneuf not going anywhere it seems. Probably can't find a partner. Good.
http://www.tsn.ca/senators-plan-on-keeping-phaneuf-1.791638

3622017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Definitely. One year left for Andy plus a rumored one year extension. Condon definitely got paid but Ottawa had no plan behind him.

I see the Condon deal as insurance on whatever happens. I imagine that Anderson will likely start for us for another 2 years.
Lots can happen between now and then. I feel like we'll wind up trading for a goalie or an up and coming prospect at one point.

The only problem with Condon's contract is if he becomes average to less than average that contract won't be tradable

3632017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I must be the only one who doesn't give a toss about bottom six players.  I want a top line player, anything else is a waste imo.  We have so many middle of the lineup players,  including MacArthur until he proves otherwise, I want a real winger capable of 30 goals.  Like drouin, but not at that cost of chabot

Colorado shot down Hamonic and a 1st from NYI for Duchene. Pretty sure we can count him out of any future plans. Don't know who else is out there via trade at this point. Giroux?

Meh, hamonic is nothing special imo. Plus a mid to late first. I'm not a huge fan of that either

3642017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Definitely. One year left for Andy plus a rumored one year extension. Condon definitely got paid but Ottawa had no plan behind him.

I see the Condon deal as insurance on whatever happens. I imagine that Anderson will likely start for us for another 2 years.
Lots can happen between now and then. I feel like we'll wind up trading for a goalie or an up and coming prospect at one point.

The only problem with Condon's contract is if he becomes average to less than average that contract won't be tradable

Anderson's contract has one year left. Dorion made some weird comments after signing Condon, saying "Anderson will move on eventually" and that's why he was comfortable giving Condon that deal. The weird thing is that it is entirely reasonable to assume Anderson will play another couple seasons after next, meaning that he could, in theory, be here until the end of Condon's new contract.... Unless they don't plan on keeping him around.

3652017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:04 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Anderson's contract has one year left.  Dorion made some weird comments after signing Condon, saying "Anderson will move on eventually"  and that's why he was comfortable giving Condon that deal.  The weird thing is that it is entirely reasonable to assume Anderson will play another couple seasons after next, meaning that he could, in theory, be here until the end of Condon's new contract....  Unless they don't plan on keeping him around.

That's probably dorion commenting on the fact that Anderson is getting older. You gotta watch out not to read too much into comments I would say.
I think Anderson is playing well and the sens will keep him until he doesn't. It's a nice insurance to have Condon as we have seen and the sens like that because its security if Anderson's game drops off someday. Who knows, maybe Condon gets better with a few more years backing up? The thing to really take away is that Anderson's contract cost is nowhere near what other great starters are in the league. Would he be worth more?thats another discussion. But lower, we can affoard spending a bit more on Condon.

3662017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:08 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like we are linked to kulikov and Emelin.

I hope we stay away from emelin. We have a similar player in boro. Montreal fans are constantly complaining about him being out of position and not making the right plays.

I think Kulikov is an interesting option. Severely underestimated. I remember when he got drafted I was hoping wéd pick him up. Wasn't that the cowen year?

3672017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Anderson's contract has one year left.  Dorion made some weird comments after signing Condon, saying "Anderson will move on eventually"  and that's why he was comfortable giving Condon that deal.  The weird thing is that it is entirely reasonable to assume Anderson will play another couple seasons after next, meaning that he could, in theory, be here until the end of Condon's new contract....  Unless they don't plan on keeping him around.

That's probably dorion commenting on the fact that Anderson is getting older. You gotta watch out not to read too much into comments I would say.
I think Anderson is playing well and the sens will keep him until he doesn't. It's a nice insurance to have Condon as we have seen and the sens like that because its security if Anderson's game drops off someday. Who knows, maybe Condon gets better with a few more years backing up? The thing to really take away is that Anderson's contract cost is nowhere near what other great starters are in the league. Would he be worth more?thats another discussion. But  lower, we can affoard spending a bit more on Condon.

Let's also not forget that anything can happen with his wife too. Harsh to say but, the cancer could recur and he'll want to be by her side again and that would leave the team vulnerable. If, for sake of argument only, that her cancer does recur a couple years from now; It's reasonable to assume Anderson would just call it a day and spend his time with his family.

- Unknown Author

3682017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think Anderson is playing well and the sens will keep him until he doesn't. It's a nice insurance to have Condon as we have seen and the sens like that because its security if Anderson's game drops off someday. Who knows, maybe Condon gets better with a few more years backing up? The thing to really take away is that Anderson's contract cost is nowhere near what other great starters are in the league. Would he be worth more?thats another discussion. But  lower, we can affoard spending a bit more on Condon.

Let's also not forget that anything can happen with his wife too.  Harsh to say but, the cancer could recur and he'll want to be by her side again and that would leave the team vulnerable.  If, for sake of argument only, that her cancer does recur a couple years from now; It's reasonable to assume Anderson would just call it a day and spend his time with his family.

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. Is that a reason to not offer Anderson another contract, though? To me it seems like the Sens are preparing for not having Anderson after next season. Also, what would another Anderson contract look like? 2 years, $12M? Tough call.

3692017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Looks like we are linked to kulikov and Emelin.

I hope we stay away from emelin. We have a similar player in boro. Montreal fans are constantly complaining about him being out of position and not making the right plays.

I think Kulikov is an interesting option. Severely underestimated. I remember when he got drafted I was hoping wéd pick him up. Wasn't that the cowen year?

Yeah, the more I hear about Kulikov and maybe Daley, the more intrigued that they'd be good fits.

3702017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So would DaCosta coming back to the NHL mean we would get something in return? We own his rights IIRC.

http://www.tsn.ca/plenty-of-interest-in-khl-f-da-costa-1.792153

3712017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:So would DaCosta coming back to the NHL mean we would get something in return? We own his rights IIRC.

http://www.tsn.ca/plenty-of-interest-in-khl-f-da-costa-1.792153

I hope so! He was good, why not play him here?

3722017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's a free agent now

3732017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:He's a free agent now

Yeah, and I don't think Da Costa left here with the best taste in his mouth. Ottawa will have zero interest, and he would likely have zero interest in coming here.

3742017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Let's also not forget that anything can happen with his wife too.  Harsh to say but, the cancer could recur and he'll want to be by her side again and that would leave the team vulnerable.  If, for sake of argument only, that her cancer does recur a couple years from now; It's reasonable to assume Anderson would just call it a day and spend his time with his family.

Yeah, that crossed my mind too.  Is that a reason to not offer Anderson another contract, though?  To me it seems like the Sens are preparing for not having Anderson after next season.  Also, what would another Anderson contract look like? 2 years, $12M?  Tough call.

I wouldn't have a problem offering Anderson another contract. I think the Sens are just preparing for the worst case scenario. If Anderson calls it quits then they have Condin until they can find a legitimate starter or one of their goalies of the future takes the reigns.

- Unknown Author

3752017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prediction for the sens on July 1st: singing a player for Belleville and that's it.
Dorion's speech: "we made some calls on some FA and the bidding got too high, you don't want to overpay for some of these guys. We're still in on some guy but we'll see in the next few weeks how that pans out"

Same old same old.

3762017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

really don't care if they do nothing, this class is very weak. But I bet we sign a dman. Everyone is saying we will.

3772017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:really don't care if they do nothing, this class is very weak. But I bet we sign a dman. Everyone is saying hoping we will.
Fixed

3782017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:really don't care if they do nothing, this class is very weak. But I bet we sign a dman. Everyone is saying hoping we will.
Fixed

No, I mean legit insiders have said they are targeting d-men. They will sign one if they can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 44 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum