GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Season Rumours

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
spader
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 50]

46Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:42 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:This was updated last summer:
http://www.2112hockeyagency.com/play-in-europe.html

Swiss league salary range was $150-450K for NLA and $50-125K for NLB.  Conacher plays for Bern, in the NLA.

I don't know what he's making, but it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment to sign him for $150K on an AHL contract. Whether the Sens would pay that, I don't know. There is a precedent for paying more for what is effectively an AHL only contract.

It would also give him a better chance at making it back to the NHL. Still, who knows. A lot would have to come together for that to happen.

I don't think it's a bad idea.  He could definitely excel in terms ahl and might be a good callup.

I'm not sure he'd be all that interested in playing for Ottawa again. Meh. It's not really worth discussing. He'd be fine, but there are lots of other players who wouldn't (necessarily) be as expensive.

47Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:This was updated last summer:
http://www.2112hockeyagency.com/play-in-europe.html

Swiss league salary range was $150-450K for NLA and $50-125K for NLB.  Conacher plays for Bern, in the NLA.

I don't know what he's making, but it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment to sign him for $150K on an AHL contract. Whether the Sens would pay that, I don't know. There is a precedent for paying more for what is effectively an AHL only contract.

It would also give him a better chance at making it back to the NHL. Still, who knows. A lot would have to come together for that to happen.

I don't think it's a bad idea.  He could definitely excel in terms ahl and might be a good callup.

I'm not sure he'd be all that interested in playing for Ottawa again. Meh. It's not really worth discussing. He'd be fine, but there are lots of other players who wouldn't (necessarily) be as expensive.

Really don't see why he wouldn't with Boucher bring a positive influence on him, but yah, I doubt it matters much.

48Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Boucher needs to be positive influence on the guys we do have right now(especially Hoff).

If he sticks over the next few years I imagine they might move a few players in/out that fit Boucher's system better but no need to track down every player that had success playing for Boucher in the past.

49Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 11:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Boucher needs to be positive influence on the guys we do have right now(especially Hoff).

If he sticks over the next few years I imagine they might move a few players in/out that fit Boucher's system better but no need to track down every player that had success playing for Boucher in the past.

Agreed. Just the two will do: Hoffman, Stamkos.

50Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 12:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Standard Of living in swinger
And is about double as The one in North America. Jeanine The Costs are just as high as well.

Is your keyboard having a stroke?

Laughing3
Facepalm

I really have to make sure I'm using he right language... Wtf is that.
The standard of living in Switzerland is much higher, double North America, meaning the costs are higher as well....

51Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't see a point in bringing conacher back.

Speaking of undersized forwards. What's baby head up to these days?

52Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Agreed.  Just the two will do: Hoffman, Stamkos.

I'll be happy with Hoffman.  Maybe we can trade Ryan for Stamkos rights lol.  That would free up the $$.

Not that I believe Stammer would ever come here.

53Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 1:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
And is about double as The one in North America. Jeanine The Costs are just as high as well.

Laughing3
Facepalm

The standard of living in Switzerland is much higher, double North America, meaning the costs are higher as well....

I liked "in swinger" better.

54Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 1:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, I don't see a point in bringing conacher back.

You think he would be comfortable skating up the ice with Phaneuf behind him?

55Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

Laughing3
Facepalm

I liked "in swinger" better.
Well I wouldn't want to make any assumptions on his lifestyle...

56Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, I don't see a point in bringing conacher back.

You think he would be comfortable skating up the ice with Phaneuf behind him?
Meh. I personally want as little small players on this team as possible. Conacher wasn't physical. Pageau is another animal. We have Perron coming up which he might be 6 feet tall is still bellow 170. That's small and lanky.
He's gonna have to get on some sort of roids if he wants to play in the NHL.

57Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't know about you guys but I could sure use some "Off Season Rumours" right now.

58Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 9:03 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't know about you guys but I could sure use some "Off Season Rumours" right now.  

I heard that Stammer is going to take the year off and then sign with Vegas the following year. Nod E3

59Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed May 18, 2016 11:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How do the Leafs only have $11M cap space with 4 roster spots to fill? I'm not suggesting they are anywhere near being in cap trouble but I was a little surprised to read this, given their recent fire sale.

60Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If there is an expansion next year, as has been rumored, then the GMs will likely find out early, so they can make strategic trades to offset difficult decisions on whom to protect. For example, you can only protect one goalie and the Penguins would have to protect Fleury, since he has a limited NTC. They would have to preemptively trade Fleury or lose Murray in the expansion draft. There are likely plenty of similar situations around the league. Could be a record-setting off-season for trades.

61Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed May 18, 2016 1:54 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If there is an expansion next year, as has been rumored, then the GMs will likely find out early, so they can make strategic trades to offset difficult decisions on whom to protect.  For example, you can only protect one goalie and the Penguins would have to protect Fleury, since he has a limited NTC.  They would have to preemptively trade Fleury or lose Murray in the expansion draft.  There are likely plenty of similar situations around the league.  Could be a record-setting off-season for trades.

I'm still not clear on that. What if a team has 20 players on NMCs? They get to protect more players?

62Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed May 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I thought only NMC had to be protected

63Off Season Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed May 18, 2016 2:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
I'm still not clear on that. What if a team has 20 players on NMCs? They get to protect more players?

No team has that many. Plus most of the players with NMC/NTC are older players, less desirable than younger/cheaper players.

Hoags wrote:I thought only NMC had to be protected

Well no rules have officially been confirmed. But in my opinion it would be both. NTC is still the biggest part of these clauses; NMC adds not being able to send the player down to the minors. Besides the NHLPA would fight tooth and nail to keep existing contract terms unaffected by the expansion draft.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum