GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Season Rumours

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
spader
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 50]

31Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I think the big, massive question is: What is Stamkos doing?  Leaf-land?  That would take a big old bite out of their cap space.

My guess is Detroit or Buffalo

32Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 7:55 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Has his best seasons playing for Boucher, didn't he?

33Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm all serous news, we could sign Conacher to a 2-way to help Bingo. He also knows boucher and his system quite well. More a ringer for Bingo.

34Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 9:27 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I'm all serous news,  we could sign Conacher to a 2-way to help Bingo.  He also knows boucher and his system quite well.  More a ringer for Bingo.

He gets better money in Europe

35Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 9:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I'm all serous news,  we could sign Conacher to a 2-way to help Bingo.  He also knows boucher and his system quite well.  More a ringer for Bingo.

How much?

36Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 10:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:

How much?

Hard to tell for sure. Ev, you have a link to what his salary is in Switzerland?

37Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 11:24 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't have a link but it would definitely be more than 100K USD I would imagine, with better social services and a better quality of life. I think the only way he signs here is with a one-way deal.

38Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 12:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This was updated last summer:
http://www.2112hockeyagency.com/play-in-europe.html

Swiss league salary range was $150-450K for NLA and $50-125K for NLB. Conacher plays for Bern, in the NLA.

39Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 12:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ok, screw that then

40Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would sign him for sure though. If they move to Belleville it will be close to home for him as well

41Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Standard Of living in swinger
And is about double as The one in North America. Jeanine The Costs are just as high as well.

42Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:This was updated last summer:

Swiss league salary range was $150-450K for NLA and $50-125K for NLB.  Conacher plays for Bern, in the NLA.

I don't know what he's making, but it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment to sign him for $150K on an AHL contract. Whether the Sens would pay that, I don't know. There is a precedent for paying more for what is effectively an AHL only contract.

It would also give him a better chance at making it back to the NHL. Still, who knows. A lot would have to come together for that to happen.

43Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Standard Of living in swinger
And is about double as The one in North America. Jeanine The Costs are just as high as well.

Is your keyboard having a stroke?

44Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Standard Of living in swinger

Is your keyboard having a stroke?

Laughing3

45Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

Swiss league salary range was $150-450K for NLA and $50-125K for NLB.  Conacher plays for Bern, in the NLA.

I don't know what he's making, but it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment to sign him for $150K on an AHL contract. Whether the Sens would pay that, I don't know. There is a precedent for paying more for what is effectively an AHL only contract.

It would also give him a better chance at making it back to the NHL. Still, who knows. A lot would have to come together for that to happen.

I don't think it's a bad idea. He could definitely excel in terms ahl and might be a good callup.

46Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

I don't think it's a bad idea.  He could definitely excel in terms ahl and might be a good callup.

I'm not sure he'd be all that interested in playing for Ottawa again. Meh. It's not really worth discussing. He'd be fine, but there are lots of other players who wouldn't (necessarily) be as expensive.

47Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

I don't think it's a bad idea.  He could definitely excel in terms ahl and might be a good callup.

I'm not sure he'd be all that interested in playing for Ottawa again. Meh. It's not really worth discussing. He'd be fine, but there are lots of other players who wouldn't (necessarily) be as expensive.

Really don't see why he wouldn't with Boucher bring a positive influence on him, but yah, I doubt it matters much.

48Off Season Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Boucher needs to be positive influence on the guys we do have right now(especially Hoff).

If he sticks over the next few years I imagine they might move a few players in/out that fit Boucher's system better but no need to track down every player that had success playing for Boucher in the past.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum