GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Season Rumours

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
spader
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 50]

376Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yup first deal any day of the week. Second... Is meh and I'm not sure about zucker's potential. Might be a miss.

I'm also not overly impressed by Brodin, but perhaps I need to watch him more. He certainly doesn't pass the wprager test with 7 points in 68 games and a -4 on a playoff team.
Also the fact that the oilers are looking to add a Dman and not lazar. I mean, you might actually see a nice deal take place between the oil and minny. That's a realistic possibility.

Lazar could be attractive to them because of his Oil Kings connections. The Oilers are likely to make some big changes.
I'm sure they'd take him on their team but if you gave a fourth overall you kind of think you'll be addressing your number one deal. A righty 1st pairing D man.

377Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yup first deal any day of the week. Second... Is meh and I'm not sure about zucker's potential. Might be a miss.

I'm also not overly impressed by Brodin, but perhaps I need to watch him more. He certainly doesn't pass the wprager test with 7 points in 68 games and a -4 on a playoff team.
Also the fact that the oilers are looking to add a Dman and not lazar. I mean, you might actually see a nice deal take place between the oil and minny. That's a realistic possibility.

Lazar could be attractive to them because of his Oil Kings connections. The Oilers are likely to make some big changes.
I'm sure they'd take him on their team but if you gave a fourth overall you kind of think you'll be addressing your number one deal. A righty 1st pairing D man.

"Karls" Karlsson?!?!?!!?!!

Edit: Darren "David Duke" Pang says the Blues feel they have excess RHD. Perhaps the dance partner Edmonton is looking for?

378Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Edit: Darren "David Duke" Pang says the Blues feel they have excess RHD. Perhaps the dance partner Edmonton is looking for?
Yeah but there's no guarantee shatenkirk will resign there.

379Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To Philly for Simmons?

380Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would you trade Lazar + 12th for Eberle?

381Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Would you trade Lazar + 12th for Eberle?

He's a 60+ point guy on a bad team. I'd probably do that, but I might be in the minority.

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zib-Eberle
Smith-JGP-Stone

That's a pretty sick top-9 that allows the coaches to roll the three lines. Then some mix of Dzingel, Paul, McCormick, Neil, Puempel to make up the fourth line.

Dzingel-Paul-Neil perhaps with Puempel as trade bait and McCormick in the wings? Not a great 4th line, but Dzingel and Paul could work their way into quality players.

382Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

He's a 60+ point guy on a bad team. I'd probably do that, but I might be in the minority.

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zib-Eberle
Smith-JGP-Stone

That's a pretty sick top-9 that allows the coaches to roll the three lines. Then some mix of Dzingel, Paul, McCormick, Neil, Puempel to make up the fourth line.

Dzingel-Paul-Neil perhaps with Puempel as trade bait and McCormick in the wings? Not a great 4th line, but Dzingel and Paul could work their way into quality players.

I think I'm in the minority, because I think Dzingel and Paul are really solid players and having them on a 4th line means you're doing a lot of things right.

383Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:44 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zib-Eberle
Smith-JGP-Stone

I think I'm in the minority, because I think Dzingel and Paul are really solid players and having them on a 4th line means you're doing a lot of things right.

I think they could become real good players, but I haven't seen enough from them to this point to make that assertion.

384Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zib-Eberle
Smith-JGP-Stone

I think they could become real good players, but I haven't seen enough from them to this point to make that assertion.

Dzingel's ready, he just needs to play more NHL games. Paul didn't look out of place at all either. Big dude, good 2-way player, can score. They might want to give him a season in the AHL before calling him up once and for all, but he's looking pretty good, particularly as a 4th liner.

385Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Yeah but there's no guarantee shatenkirk will resign there.

If you want a guarantee, buy yourself a brand new toaster.

386Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zib-Eberle
Smith-JGP-Stone

guys. seriously. i know it's fun to talk about trading for good players but do we really think the oilers are after another 1st round pick? or a top 9 winger/center? c'mon...

it's pretty dead obvious that if anyone wants to transact a deal with edmonton they will have to put up in exchange a righty D men that can play in the top 4.
for us that is obviously only ceci/ do we want to part with ceci? personally i don't. unless of course the return is silly. and someone to play on the right side wing for me isn't necessary a big must. i still see a bigger hole on the left side but dorion doesn't (until we see freaking macarthur get taken out with another concussion and i will start throwing "told you so" left right and center).

so maybe it's because i'm not a fan of trade proposals that IMO don't have a leg to stand on but i feel like it be a lot more realistic to swing trade proposals that actually address a need for both sides.

maybe if edmont swings a major deal for a top right D man then we can start talking about how else they might reshape their roster but until then...
i dunno

also: i'm not sure why eberle really is being mentioned. IMO the kids leaving the oil are yakupov and RNH. those are the pieces in play if you ask me.
but maybe i'm just not a fan of

387Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zib-Eberle
Smith-JGP-Stone

guys. seriously. i know it's fun to talk about trading for good players but do we really think the oilers are after another 1st round pick? or a top 9 winger/center? c'mon...

it's pretty dead obvious that if anyone wants to transact a deal with edmonton they will have to put up in exchange a righty D men that can play in the top 4.
for us that is obviously only ceci/ do we want to part with ceci? personally i don't. unless of course the return is silly. and someone to play on the right side wing for me isn't necessary a big must. i still see a bigger hole on the left side but dorion doesn't (until we see freaking macarthur get taken out with another concussion and i will start throwing "told you so" left right and center).

so maybe it's because i'm not a fan of trade proposals that IMO don't have a leg to stand on but i feel like it be a lot more realistic to swing trade proposals that actually address a need for both sides.

maybe if edmont swings a major deal for a top right D man then we can start talking about how else they might reshape their roster but until then...
i dunno

also: i'm not sure why eberle really is being mentioned. IMO the kids leaving the oil are yakupov and RNH. those are the pieces in play if you ask me.

I think Edmonton has 3 needs.

1.They need to get rid of the rotting core, perhaps with the exception of Hall, so that means Eberle, RNH, Yak (lol).

2.They need a right handed D-man.

3.They need a more competitive bottom 6.

This trade takes care of a part of 1 and a part of 3 of that list. They rid themselves of Eberle and his 6 million dollars, take back Lazar on his ELC and also get the 12th OV to go with the 4th OV.

Makes trading the 4th OV for Barrie a lot more easy to swallow if they go that route.

388Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zib-Eberle
Smith-JGP-Stone

i dunno

I think Edmonton has 3 needs.

1.They need to get rid of the rotting core, perhaps with the exception of Hall, so that means Eberle, RNH, Yak (lol).

2.They need a right handed D-man.

3.They need a more competitive bottom 6.

This trade takes care of a part of 1 and a part of 3 of that list.  They rid themselves of Eberle and his 6 million dollars, take back Lazar on his ELC and also get the 12th OV to go with the 4th OV.

Makes trading the 4th OV for Barrie a lot more easy to swallow if they go that route.
i may also be in the camp that is unsure about barrie being a solution. he hasn't made colorado that much better. his stats are good but is he really a number 1 or 2? or just a top 4 on a good team.
i question getting him to be a first pairing guy, he might be a top pp guy but maybe not first pairing.
you look at edmonton's roster and they need two RHD.
of course they could use lazar but i don't think it's a huge need that you lose a big trade chip like eberle. eberle can net you a top 4 dman

389Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
of course they could use lazar but i don't think it's a huge need that you lose a big trade chip like eberle. eberle can net you a top 4 dman

It sure hasn't thus far though. Maybe eventually someone will bite, but even Anaheim doesn't have the cap to make a transaction like that happen - or if they do, they'll have to get very creative.

390Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It sure hasn't thus far though.  Maybe eventually someone will bite, but even Anaheim doesn't have the cap to make a transaction like that happen - or if they do, they'll have to get very creative.
I wouldn't dismiss a transaction between Edmonton and Ottawa at one point, especially with chichi's link to Ottawa but I doubt that this will be the first domino to fall for them. I also doubt they move lazar. At least not for another year or two.

391Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It sure hasn't thus far though.  Maybe eventually someone will bite, but even Anaheim doesn't have the cap to make a transaction like that happen - or if they do, they'll have to get very creative.
I wouldn't dismiss a transaction between Edmonton and Ottawa at one point, especially with chichi's link to Ottawa but I doubt that this will be the first domino to fall for them. I also doubt they move lazar. At least not for another year or two.

It might not happen at all, they might opt to move RNH for a D-man, but I wouldn't put it past Chia to get rid of all the core losers they have.

392Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeBrun saying Lucic is open to the idea of signing with Edmonton.

393Off Season Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol, Radulov apparently wants 2 years at 7.5 million per

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum