GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

+7
SensHulk
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

We got lucky in the first period. Problem still remains, this team needs to be gearing to go at the competition, not wait for the competition to come to it. Always so damn slow to start the game. Just lucky that it was the blue jackets and not the blackhawks or any other skilled team that would have buried their chances.

Game was saved by the 4th line. I thought weircioch was having a solid game as well but too bad he got injured, hopefully nothing too serious. Ryan hit was weird, obviously I hope it's not a shoulder issue but sounds like he's doing ok. Dodged a bullet there.

Nice to get some breaks going our way because that was NOT a 5 min major. Shouldn't have even been a penalty in my books but hey we were due for some good fortune.

Hope andy can get on a roll and reel off a few more victories.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:the cowen comments are so overblown and misinterpreted it's ridiculous. Can people just watch the games ans top acting like this is a soap opera? God I hate hockey now.

Nicely done Wink

Oh, but if you were not being facetious with your own "I hate hockey" comment mimcing the overblown comments, then nevermind.

This hockey season has been the worst in recent memory. So boring compared to the NFL.

As a whole yeah it's been boring but last night's game was anything but boring. 2nd period onwards it was quite entertaining. You don't see those physical games anymore which might explain why it's not been entertaining. Actually a lot of the entertaining games involve the senators.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:We got lucky in the first period.  Problem still remains, this team needs to be gearing to go at the competition, not wait for the competition to come to it.  Always so damn slow to start the game.  Just lucky that it was the blue jackets and not the blackhawks or any other skilled team that would have buried their chances.  

Game was saved by the 4th line.  I thought weircioch was having a solid game as well but too bad he got injured, hopefully nothing too serious.  Ryan hit was weird, obviously I hope it's not a shoulder issue but sounds like he's doing ok.  Dodged a bullet there.

Nice to get some breaks going our way because that was NOT a 5 min major.  Shouldn't have even been a penalty in my books but hey we were due for some good fortune.

I thought wier was playing really well. I said at the time that this might be a turning point for him then bam

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

One can hope. I thought both him and Ceci had good games. He's confirmed to be out for tomorrow's game, so cowen better step up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan says he could play tomorrow. Phew!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Ryan is walking around looking ok according to garrioch.  Maybe we dodged a huge bullet here?

Garrioch sees himself in the mirror every day and doesn't call 911 immediately. I'm going to take his "Looks fine" with a grain of salt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Ryan says he could play tomorrow.  Phew!

Grain of salt gone.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Keep the grain of salt. Ryan is listed as doubtful. So they may just keep him out as a precaution but doesn't look like a long term thing. Just general soreness.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As long as he's not out for 6 weeks, it's good news. It looked bad

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Obviously as ryan is starting to really heat up does he get taken out. Id rather rest him a game than agravate something that coupd heal fast. He's a Warrior and will want to play but i imagine the coaching staff will make the best decision.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:We got lucky in the first period.  Problem still remains, this team needs to be gearing to go at the competition, not wait for the competition to come to it.  Always so damn slow to start the game.  Just lucky that it was the blue jackets and not the blackhawks or any other skilled team that would have buried their chances.  

Game was saved by the 4th line.  I thought weircioch was having a solid game as well but too bad he got injured, hopefully nothing too serious.  Ryan hit was weird, obviously I hope it's not a shoulder issue but sounds like he's doing ok.  Dodged a bullet there.

Nice to get some breaks going our way because that was NOT a 5 min major.  Shouldn't have even been a penalty in my books but hey we were due for some good fortune.

They did start slow again but then they played the way they need to night in and night out. The difference, as you mentioned, was that the 4th line and even 3rd line provided a spark. That hasn't really happened much at all this season. Those lines have, in my opinion, hurt the team most of the season. I still think the top 2 lines can be better.

I agree, I don't think it was a major penalty either but I do think it was boarding. It was a hit Savard didn't need to finish as he was staring at numbers most of the time. Probably wouldn't have hurt Ryan normally but he went into the board awkwardly. Glad he seems to be okay but he should rest as much as possible before coming back.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispensed wrote:

I thought wier was playing really well.  I said at the time that this might be a turning point for him then bam

I also thought he was looking pretty good. He played more like he did last year. Unfortunate that he was injured because he can be a very solid defensemen.

Ceci also played better last night when he was paired with Methot. I said it a day or so ago but I believe that's what he needs. To play with a steady, veteran D. I think it could be done because Karlsson can play with anyone. Playing with someone not named Methot may be a good thing for him too because then he'd have to be more conscious when making decisions on the ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been banging my shoe on the table to swap Wier and Methot. Both Ceci and Wiercioch coulld benefit from playing with a stronger partner. In a small sample size the Karlsson-Wiercioch pairing was the Sens' best, last year, at producing scoring chances (Corsi).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum