GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #16: Canucks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 12 2015

+6
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #16: Canucks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 12 2015

GAME DAY #16: Canucks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 12 2015 Large GAME DAY #16: Canucks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 12 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #16: Canucks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 12 2015 Large

The win one/lose one, win two/lose two pattern continued as the Sens blew an opportunity for an easy W against a struggling Pekka Rinne.  Although the Sens scored twice on the power play and twice more at even strength, and added a short-handed goal to boot, they also gave up the lead a couple of times, allowing the Predators to score 3 goals in a row *twice*.  Once again, although they were not outshot in the third period, they were thoroughly outplayed as Nashville scored 3 unanswered goals en route to a 7-5 come from behind win.  It was ugly for both teams but, ultimately, it was uglier for Ottawa as they left town without so much as a loser point.

Flash forward two days and they face another strong Western team as the Vancouver Canucks come to town, fresh off a 5-3 win over Columbus.  Vancouver is on the third day of a long road trip (7 Eastern teams, then Winnipeg, before heading home) and you can say they are struggling.  After losing to Buffalo and New Jersey (in OT) they won their first game of this road trip with a 5-3 win over the league-worst Columbus squad.  Although Vancouver leads the Pacific and are not yet in trouble, the reality is they are just 5 ahead of the 4th place Sharks.  This is not going to be an easy team, especially given Ottawa's troubles on home ice.

GO SENS GO!!!!

Last edited by wprager on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nothing less than a win is acceptable.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice job with the GDT, as usual, Walter.

This will be a tough test for our mighty Senatores, but I expect a W tonight after the Dung storm that swirled following the game against Nashville.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vancouver is better than their last three games. If there was any issue with jet lag then, surely, it's over by now. I know Anderson will want to prove the last one was not his fault (most of it wasn't, but who knows what happens if that stinker doesn't go in when it's 2-0).

The Sedins probably have some clout when it comes to naming the Olympics roster, so maybe Zibanejad will want to impress.

Weircioch and Borowiecki with a -3 each in the last game. I'm thinking Boro will respond with a redoubled effort -- just hope this doesn't mean he's out of every play trying to hit someone at center ice while the Canucks are scoring garbage goals from inside the crease. As for Weircioch I have serious doubts -- this guy seems to nee a dose of confidence and doesn't appear to be able (willing?) to manufacture it internally.

Honestly, I think the best course of action right now is to replace Weircioch with Cowen and play Boro on his natural side, with Wideman on the right. Lefty/rightie on each pairing, puck mover on each pairing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alex Burrows is a very baaaad man:http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25370320/report-nhl-to-meet-with-alex-burrows-about-exchange-with-jordin-tootoo

Apparently he said something to Tootoo that crossed the line. Tootoo wanted to move on but Devils' GM pursued this with the NHL, so they will meet with Burrows *tomorrow* (i.e. not in time to affect his game against the Sens tonight). It *is* a conspiracy!

I'm really surprised. I thought a guy like Tootoo would have watched Slapshot by now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

About once every 20 games you get a really nice, breakaway pass from Wiercioch and everyone goes, "See...SEE? He's great!"

Anyway, Wideman should certainly be in. If he doesn't play tonight, after we gave up 7 goals, then I dunno what to say anymore.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

5-0 Vancouver, TJ Brodie in a Sens uniform Saturday night

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:About once every 20 games you get a really nice, breakaway pass from Wiercioch and everyone goes, "See...SEE?  He's great!"

Anyway, Wideman should certainly be in.  If he doesn't play tonight, after we gave up 7 goals, then I dunno what to say anymore.  

So you're saying we have another 4 games to go?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Hammond will start.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Zibanejad-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson
Lazar-Smith-Neil

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

...and the D:

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Borowiecki

Wideman is the odd man out again. Makes. No. Sense.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also not coming back with Anderson is odd. Andy would have a huge chip on his shoulder after giving up 7. Pretty sure many of those were not "perfect shot ... 12" off the ice" so he would want to show he still got it. Of course Hammond has been very good (since that first "rust" game) but your #1 is still your #1. And, besides, Andy will get injured, it's just a matter of time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:5-0 Vancouver, TJ Brodie in a Sens uniform Saturday night

In our dreams.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Looks like Hammond will start.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Zibanejad-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson
Lazar-Smith-Neil

I would have sat Neil out for this one, put Lazar on the right side, kept Smith down the middle and let Prince play the left side.

I don't understand the notion of coming out and saying "Prince has been good, he's done everything we've asked and he's coming close.", then scratching him.

Similarly, I don't understand the notion of Puempel having been sat for even one game. People wonder why I don't like Chiasson a lot of the time, this is the reason. He's ok, there's nothing wrong with the player, but he should be playing 4th line minutes and taking a spot away from Neil, not taking a spot away from Prince or Puempel - both of whom are clearly better IMO.

And why is Cameron playing Wiercioch tonight? Why not sit him, get him to watch from the box, move Cowen up with Ceci and get some puck movement on the third pairing with Wideman.

Anyway...Cameron can get them going - and he'd better get them going. I thought we'd be a lot better this year, albeit it's only game 15 or whatever.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 23m23 minutes ago
Wideman is in for Wiercioch.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

This one feels like a loss waiting to happen....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum