GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #16: Canucks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 12 2015

+6
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:prince has not been better than Chiasson. It's time for him to be waived.

I'd rather Prince than Chiasson.  More speed, more skill, just as tough.  Chiasson and his 3 points this year on the 3rd line is getting tiresome.

As opposed to Prince and his 3 points?  They are playing entirely different roles and neither has really done much.  Chiasson has been getting a little better.

Yeah, but Prince is getting a lot of chances and he's also creating chances.  Cameron praised him just the other day.

Cameron also explicitly excused Weircioch and Anderson from the blame storm, then promptly took both out of the lineup.

I don't know why he would even bother saying anything about Wiercioch. He basically said that everyone was ganging up on Wier and that he was only a part of the problem. I don't even know what that means.

To me it means that he's crappy, but so are the rest of the D-men, so what should I do? Scratch him is the answer. Again and again and again if need be. Hammond needs reps too, no big deal there.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, the Hammond thing is obviously a direct result of how Andy played against Nashville. Hammond just had a start on Saturday, so it's not like the one game this week for Matrix means that he needs more rest.

That said, Hammond has just one regulation time loss in the regular season...so why not go with the guy that is guaranteed to get us points. That said, I'm not sure I like the idea of benching your clear (and great) starting goalie after one sub-par performance. By and large, Matrix has been terrific this year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, I don't think this reflects badly on Anderson. He's been pretty strong for us - again. That Nashville game was an absolute piece of Dung game. It was entertaining, but there was no defence. Wiercioch shat everywhere, Karlsson was crappy, Cowen was crappy, the forwards were crappy. Crap was everywhere.

Give him a day off, let him come back Saturday rejuvenated.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:I disagree - Chiasson has been excellent as of late. Prince brings nothing to the table at the moment besides speed. He reminds me of Cory Conacher.

I'm gonna say that the day Chiasson is where he needs to be - the 4th line is the day we start seriously competing. It goes without saying that there needs to be a major surgery on the defence where we cut out the pieces of Dung, but we need 3 scoring lines, not 2 and a half. Pageau is the only guy who brings it every night, Michalek has been decent as well, Chiasson has been good as well, but they must start providing offence. This is not a 2 line league anymore, hasn't been for a while.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not a bad period.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:I disagree - Chiasson has been excellent as of late. Prince brings nothing to the table at the moment besides speed. He reminds me of Cory Conacher.

I'm gonna say that the day Chiasson is where he needs to be - the 4th line is the day we start seriously competing.  It goes without saying that there needs to be a major surgery on the defence where we cut out the pieces of Dung, but we need 3 scoring lines, not 2 and a half.  Pageau is the only guy who brings it every night, Michalek has been decent as well, Chiasson has been good as well, but they must start providing offence.  This is not a 2 line league anymore, hasn't been for a while.

Tampa was pretty much a one and a half line team last year. Sens have a ton of goals so far so I don't see the problem.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Outshot 19-8 in that 2nd and you say not a bad period? Or were you talking about the first?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chiasson on a 3-on-1 you've got to make more out of that. Oh, well, at least he's getting chances. Did he even know Karlsson was the third man?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Hammond wants that one back.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hams. Burgled.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wideman pushing Karlsson, eh?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bye Felicia (Wiercioch)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Wideman pushing Karlsson, eh?

Hamburglar pushing Anderson? Vertigo

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pretty good game for our Senatores. Cussing Andrew Hammond.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Andrew Hammond has to be the weirdest goalie in the league. Guaranteed softies, guaranteed win.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 career regulation loss. Wonder how long that lasts?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Miller and Hammond traded stinkers in the dying minutes lol.

Glad I had front row seats to the karlsson show tonight. Damn...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I thought we looked good tonight, late goal aside. Lots of forechecking, nice plays in the offensive zone. Still not happy with how many shots we gave up in the second period though.

Mark Stone didn't end up with any points tonight but it is just incredible to watch him sometimes. I hope we can lock up Hoffman long-term and keep that line together.

Also nice to see a vintage Karlsson rush.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum