GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

+7
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
dennycrane
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which Sens D-man will play at forward

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_lcap228%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015
(The "When will the streak end?" edition)

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Large GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 Large

The Sens are still *not* in a wildcard spot thanks to Eberle's SO winner over Boston.  With the pick up of the loser point the Bruins only got to within 1 of the Sens in the race for third in the Atlantic.  Keep in mind that the Bruins have a game in hand.

Losers of two in a row -- in regulation -- the Sens find themselves out of the comfort zone of 2nd place in their Division and in serious jeopardy of falling to fourth, and that means a wildcard spot.  Meanwhile Tampa is just 2 points back (although they have played 2 more games).  With the reigning champs in town tonight, the Sens could easily find themselves on a season-high 3 regulation game losing streak (they lost 4 in a row in October, but the middle two were SO losses).  

To make matters worse they lost yet another roster player as Michalek is out 2 weeks (or more) with a broken index finger (courtesy of a Radko Gudas off-side slapshot).  The status of Zibanejad is up in the air but I am pretty sure that he will sit this one out as well, leaving the Sens a man short up front.  The club has already come out and said that they would play 7D if Zibanejad is out.  That means Greening and Wiercioch will draw back into the lineup, with one of the D-men subbing in at forward for at least a few shifts.  Apparently the only one Cameron is *not* considering is Karlsson -- but he plays there half the game anyway.

I've added a poll -- which D-man do you think will play up front?

GO SENS GO!!!

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Forwards like Stone, Ryan and Hoffman will be double shifted and Neil/Smith won't play more than two shifts in the 3rd. Coaches have put big D up at forward to screen the goalie. Jacques Martin did this on the PP with Chara at times.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't think that will happen. Not in today's NHL. Not when they are playing 12 games between now and the Christmas break. Sure, one game, you can play most of the third with three lines, but they already did that Tuesday night. Nothing wrong with Borowiecki playing up front on the 4th line. The biggest issues are who will play center on that 2nd line. My guess would be Smith moves up and Lazar slides down:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Smith-Stone
Prince-Pageau-Chiasson
Borowiecki-Lazar-Neil

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

God help us all if those are the lines against the Cup Champs Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:God help us all if those are the lines against the Cup Champs Facepalm

the hawks aren't that great this year. Have you seen their lines?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't think we'll see a forward actually playing D, it'll just be a rotation for the 4th line winger from the other available forwards.

Anyway, we have a team capable of winning against anyone, so why not.

Enter the Matrix .

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The key is in Cameron recognizing he has a chance to see how Pageau would look with Stone. Trust me, Cameron! Ahhhhh!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oooooohhhhh yeaaaahhhhh :rp:

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Calling an OT loss tonight. Prove me wrong fellers.....

lines from brent wallace:

hoff-turris-ryan
prince-pageau-stone
lazar-smith-chiasson
greening-neil

oh man that's a tough lineup to dress. zibanejad not skating so he's definitely out. Would have liked to see lazar centering stone instead though

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Calling an OT loss tonight.  Prove me wrong fellers.....

lines from brent wallace:

hoff-turris-ryan
prince-pageau-stone
lazar-smith-chiasson
greening-neil

oh man that's a tough lineup to dress.  zibanejad not skating so he's definitely out.  Would have liked to see lazar centering stone instead though

Me too.

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 852933671

You'll probably get your wish though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That lineup differs significantly from mine. Cameron is a fool to disagree with me. I have *never* lost a game in regulation, overtime or shootout!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

VOTE!!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

None of the D are going to play forward you fool.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cameron said Boro could play forward

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Bring back Schubert!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]