GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

+7
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
dennycrane
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which Sens D-man will play at forward

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap228%GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 28% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We're really lucky to have seen the emergence of a young star in Stone last year, then be able to see another one emerging in the hoff

Even luckier neither were traded, as you would have wished.

ZZZZING!!!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

This is Hoff's world. As Charlemagne said (allegedly, according to a Hollywood script), we walk in the garden of his turpulence.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:Hoffman does his thing, minute-and-a-half into the game.

Hoffman almost does his thing with 0:00.02 to go, then he does his thing 30 seconds into OT.

A travesty that Kane (with a 5-on-3 goals and a couple apples -- one that was verra nice) gets 1st star while Hoff, with *two* goals (and the post) and an assist gets 3rd.

That was just weird. I was quietly looking at the screen knowing what I was seeing was all too real yet still not believing it was real.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Impressive that we have 5 players in the top 30 league scoring. Imagine if we can get some NHL defensemen

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Hoffman almost does his thing with 0:00.02 to go, then he does his thing 30 seconds into OT.

A travesty that Kane (with a 5-on-3 goals and a couple apples -- one that was verra nice) gets 1st star while Hoff, with *two* goals (and the post) and an assist gets 3rd.

Meh, Karlsson was the best player on the ice and wasn't even a star so...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'd still give the nod  to Hoffman over Karlsson, who was better after a couple of stinkers.

Like I've said numerous times, Karlsson can and should be the best player on the ice against just about any team in the NHL and when he isn't, it's disappointing. But when a guy like Hoffman can come up to his level from time to time, it's gravy.

Perhaps even... sausage gravy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson was great in the last minute and a half and he certainly *can* be the best player out there. But over the full 60+ minutes I don't think he was the best.

By the way NHL.com has Hoff-Kane-Ryan as the three stars. It was SNet that had them as Kane-Panarin-Hoff. Not sure what the stars were at the game itself (as announced by Stuntman Stu). Is there an "official" star ledger? Is it the NL.com one? The names announced at the game? On the radio? "My God, it's full of stars"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, care to guess who leads the Sens' D in blocked shots?  How about blocked shots per game?  Give up?

Spoiler:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Karlsson was great in the last minute and a half and he certainly *can* be the best player out there.  But over the full 60+ minutes I don't think he was the best.

By the way NHL.com has Hoff-Kane-Ryan as the three stars.   It was SNet that had them as Kane-Panarin-Hoff.  Not sure what the stars were at the game itself (as announced by Stuntman Stu).  Is there an "official" star ledger?  Is it the NL.com one?  The names announced at the game?  On the radio?  "My God,  it's full of stars"
 2001 was a springboard for Keir Dullea which launched him into the sci-fi gold-standard for TV: "The Starlost"

more to come

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Karlsson was great in the last minute and a half and he certainly *can* be the best player out there.  But over the full 60+ minutes I don't think he was the best.

By the way NHL.com has Hoff-Kane-Ryan as the three stars.   It was SNet that had them as Kane-Panarin-Hoff.  Not sure what the stars were at the game itself (as announced by Stuntman Stu).  Is there an "official" star ledger?  Is it the NL.com one?  The names announced at the game?  On the radio?  "My God,  it's full of stars"

Agreed. And that's pretty damn frustrating to me when we need to bank wins and deal from a position of strength when we start to make all those trades I've been asking for.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'd still give the nod  to Hoffman over Karlsson, who was better after a couple of stinkers.

Like I've said numerous times, Karlsson can and should be the best player on the ice against just about any team in the NHL and when he isn't, it's disappointing. But when a guy like Hoffman can come up to his level from time to time, it's gravy.

Perhaps even... sausage gravy.

Did somebody say...sausage gravy?

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 Sausage-gravy-sl-426443-x

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't think we'll see a forward actually playing D, it'll just be a rotation for the 4th line winger from the other available forwards.

Anyway, we have a team capable of winning against anyone, so why not.

Enter the Matrix .

Feels good to be so right.

Anyway, BoroCop was great, Hoffman is pretty much a better version of James Neal at this point (which is a great thing), Karlsson stepped it up, Stone, Neil, etc etc, just an overall great game. Matrix had a small glitch, but made some big stops too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:Impressive that we have 5 players in the top 30 league scoring. Imagine if we can get some NHL defensemen

Seriously

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We're really lucky to have seen the emergence of a young star in Stone last year, then be able to see another one emerging in the hoff

Depends on what we would have got back, but yes, lucky.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

You guys seriously think Karlsson didn't have a good 60? Just at the top of my head I remember him stripping Toews off the puck twice.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Depends on what we would have got back, but yes, lucky.

In both cases you were looking for a 3rd or whatever you could get  to make room for a prospect and move Lazar up in the lineup, IIRC.

GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015 - Page 3 852933671

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:You guys seriously think Karlsson didn't have a good 60? Just at the top of my head I remember him stripping Toews off the puck twice.

I have huge expectations for Karlsson, personally. So "good" will never be good enough when it comes to him. Sucks to be him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really fun game to watch! Hoff shows up in a big way. Even I that has pumped his tires throughout the years think he's playing better than i could of imagined. Is it sustainable? Im not sure. I fear that hes playing for his next contract and if we are judging on the rate he is scoring at he might just get 6mill per year. But then do you get a drop off?
He's a pleasure to watch at the moment. Thats speed. Just ridiculous at times. Actually our forward group is ridiculous. There is so much talent that you could argue this is simply the beginning.

Can we get a defenceman to play with ceci now? Put that 1st round pick in play and make it happen. But get the right guy.
The window is starting to open for this team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum