GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #16: Canucks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 12 2015

+6
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 career regulation loss. Wonder how long that lasts?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Miller and Hammond traded stinkers in the dying minutes lol.

Glad I had front row seats to the karlsson show tonight. Damn...

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I thought we looked good tonight, late goal aside. Lots of forechecking, nice plays in the offensive zone. Still not happy with how many shots we gave up in the second period though.

Mark Stone didn't end up with any points tonight but it is just incredible to watch him sometimes. I hope we can lock up Hoffman long-term and keep that line together.

Also nice to see a vintage Karlsson rush.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson second in D scoring now. Klinberg with 17 points (3 goals) in 17 games is one point ahead. Given how we all said he wasn't at his best through the first dozen games or so, is this the year he actually gets 82 points?

Bobby quietly on a 30 goal/70 point pace. Needs a little more consistency from his center, though.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:I thought we looked good tonight, late goal aside. Lots of forechecking, nice plays in the offensive zone. Still not happy with how many shots we gave up in the second period though.

The PP looked great too. Solid W over a pretty good team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh, and Kyle Turris is really good. That is all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vancouver is definitely better than their recent record indicates, but let's not forget that record. $ games into an 8-game road trip and they have 3 points -- a regulation win over league-worst Columbus and a loser point in an OT loss to the Devils. The Canucks are reeling, and a sub-par performance from Miller won't do.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm finally getting to watch the game now killing off a massive hangover. I agree that it's looking better. Asq2 brings up an important point. BM should really look into locking up Hoffman sooner rather than later. I think to reward him early with a long term extension would send a nice signal that "ok, you were right, you are not a one year wonder" he's probably looking at a 5mill x 6 year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just a word of caution.  Watching a Sens game (even a win) can lead to more drinking.  May not be exactly what you want.  Might want to stop with about 2 minutes to go in the third.  Right after Wideman's goal.

Last edited by wprager on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is The Hoff a RFA again at the end of his deal? That'll play into things.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just a word of caution.  Watching a Sens game (even a win) can lead to more drinking.  May not be exactly what you want.  Might want to stop with about 2 minutes to go in the third.  Right after Wideman's goal.
Speaking of wideman, how do you take that guy out of the line-up at this point?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Is The Hoff a RFA again at the end of his deal?  That'll play into things.
Yes he is but still. Getting it done early on would be a smart move.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Just a word of caution.  Watching a Sens game (even a win) can lead to more drinking.  May not be exactly what you want.  Might want to stop with about 2 minutes to go in the third.  Right after Wideman's goal.
Speaking of wideman, how do you take that guy out of the line-up at this point?

They won't. Looks like Cowen might be injured. Considering it's an early game tomorrow, I don't think Cowen will be playing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1pm start time tomorrow?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, the dreaded Saturday afternoon game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum