GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

+7
SensHulk
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Doesn't Mclenney have a ridiculous record vs Ottawa?

Seriously though, no, he is 1-3 versus us in his career.

Interesting. It must be someone else I'm thinking of.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Cowen is not making any friends :

Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

“I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism

Cowen continues to demonstrate that he's an idiot everytime he opens his mouth.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cowen needs to take a communications course. Or two. Or just keep his mouth shut.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

“I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism

It doesn't really help anyone for Murray to be critical of players, if Murray wants to be critical he should approach the coaching staff or talk to Cowen privately.

I kind of agree with Cowen, he can't listen to anyone except the coaching staff.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

It doesn't really help anyone for Murray to be critical of players, if Murray wants to be critical he should approach the coaching staff or talk to Cowen privately.

I kind of agree with Cowen, he can't listen to anyone except the coaching staff.  

Murray just tells it like it is most of the time. Cowen knows he needs to play better. All he needs to say in this situation is something like, "Yeah, our GM is right, I need to be better" and that's that. Saying that your GM's criticism "doesn't matter" is absolutely brain-dead.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, that's not what you say when there is a microphone around.

And how do we know that Cameron hasn't already talked to him? He's yelled at pretty much everyone in practice. Maybe Murray is doing this because Cowen (and others?) simply were not listening to Cameron.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray. To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray.  To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.

That's strong language ... but essentially, yeah, this guy doesn't appear to be very smart. I wonder if he got an immediate call from his agent ... Smile

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray.  To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.
Yeah I think you might be right. I don't think Cowen has shown much of a spark in that head of his. At best he's OK on the third pairing. I'm not sure I'd be much more comfortable with him taking wier's place either. At least with Wier you feel it's a lack of confidence in himself that lead to stupid plays. That also migh make him never be much of a great NHLer either.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

He may have just bought himself a ticket out of town and at the very least has done himself no favors what so ever. I think he likely wants a change of scenery. I've never been a fan of his attitude either.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

He may have just bought himself a ticket out of town and at the very least has done himself no favors what so ever. I think he likely wants a change of scenery. I've never been a fan of his attitude either.

To Edmonton with him!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here you go...the right way (Wiercioch) and the wrong way (Cowen) to deal with Murray's comments:

http://www.tsn.ca/cowen-wiercioch-have-different-takes-on-murray-s-challenge-1.396459

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Could be out of context, but it does sound like he's frustrated that he got scratched for tonight's game.  

What bothered me more was this statement:
"It's hard to play when you're thinking about getting pulled out of the lineup and all that kind of extra junk," Cowen admitted. "I haven't missed a game yet so it's not like it's been bothering me, so I haven't had to think about sitting out. So hopefully, this is a one-and-done thing."

Sounds pretty self-entitled.  I see his point but this is the NHL, it's ultra competitive so if you're not performing up to snuff, u need to sit out.  The guy has gotten ample opportunities in ottawa to stick and be a regular top 4, so murray shouldn't be opposed to trading him. Since that relatively ugly contract negotiation, it's been pretty much downhill between the sens and cowen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Murray just tells it like it is most of the time.  Cowen knows he needs to play better.  All he needs to say in this situation is something like, "Yeah, our GM is right, I need to be better" and that's that.  Saying that your GM's criticism "doesn't matter" is absolutely brain-dead.

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, that's not what you say when there is a microphone around.

And how do we know that Cameron hasn't already talked to him?  He's yelled at pretty much everyone in practice.  Maybe Murray is doing this because Cowen (and others?) simply were not listening to Cameron.

How many times has Murray said something that he probably shouldn't have though? Whether it's a guy who wants out of town, or a guy not playing up to snuff. He needs to do it behind closed doors, I'm a firm believer in that.

That said, if Murray was the only one who likes Cowen...Cowen might be in trouble from here on...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray didn't say anything anyone didn't already know. He said they have to play better. Everyone's been saying that. All the fault here is at Cowen's feet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Murray didn't say anything anyone didn't already know.  He said they have to play better.  Everyone's been saying that.  All the fault here is at Cowen's feet.

He is what he is. He's a great builder and a decent GM, but he's a meddler. Always has been.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Not denying murray's ability to meddle in coaching affairs, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with him mentioning that both weircioch and cowen need to be better. He's just being honest. We've seen far worse from murray

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Murray didn't say anything anyone didn't already know.  He said they have to play better.  Everyone's been saying that.  All the fault here is at Cowen's feet.

Nothing new for Cowen since he wasn't saying the "right things" when he was scratched last year either.

I personally think Cowen is a touch better than he was at that time last year for sure but I guess the organization feels like it's time to turn up the heat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum