GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Delicious. Adds something extra to the Jr tourney. What time is the game New Years Eve?  Sometime in the afternoon no doubt?

The Canada - USA game is Boxing Day at 1PM. Earlier in the day you have Russia vs Czech Republic at 7, Sweden vs Switzerland at 9 and Finland vs. Belarus at 11.

On New Year's Eve you have Canada vs Sweden at 1PM.

Full schedule here:

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/schedule/league_instance/28289?subseason=212878

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Delicious. Adds something extra to the Jr tourney. What time is the game New Years Eve?  Sometime in the afternoon no doubt?

The Canada - USA game is Boxing Day at 1PM.  Earlier in the day you have Russia vs Czech Republic at 7, Sweden vs Switzerland at 9 and Finland vs. Belarus at 11.

Full schedule here:

http://www.gmhockey.com/f51-junior-minor-league-talk

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

The Canada - USA game is Boxing Day at 1PM.  Earlier in the day you have Russia vs Czech Republic at 7, Sweden vs Switzerland at 9 and Finland vs. Belarus at 11.

Full schedule here:

http://www.gmhockey.com/f51-junior-minor-league-talk

Chabot and White.  The two top Sens prospects right now. Chabot is under contract, making him "present".

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzingel called up.

more to come

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dzingel called up.

more to come

Good news! I guess Ryan's going to miss the Florida game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Dzingel called up.

more to come

Good news!  I guess Ryan's going to miss the Florida game.

Well, *one* of the Ryan's will play.

Dzingel all the way?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzingel all the way. Har har. Har.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just listened to Pierre's spot on TGOR and he said (quoting as well as I can) "I'd be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if he was not ready for the NHL next season". Then he goes on to say how White was a steal in the draft.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just listened to Pierre's spot on TGOR and he said (quoting as well as I can) "I'd be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if he was not ready for the NHL next season".  Then he goes on to say how White was a steal in the draft.

Pierre panders to whatever audience he's speaking to.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Here's a link to an article at NHL.com which tries to explain that Karlsson is not only an offensive defenseman and is still a Norris trophy candidate.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=793148&navid=nhl:topheads

How on earth did that make it to NHL.com.  It's a pretty poor article.  Did Keith Yandle lose the Norris to Karlsson by a hair?  Why even talk about that guy.  Talk more about Doughty, Letang, Weber, etc.  Talk about how the player's +/- relates or compares to the team's goal differential (e.g. Karlsson is +5 on a team that is +3 in goal differential; Doughty is +9 on a +12 team).  Talk about his takeaways relative to giveaways.  Talk about his tattoos.  Just don't talk about Keith effin' Yandle.

Did you read it or just check the boxscore? The comparison to Yandle was to demonstrate how his numbers stack up against a pure offensive Dman. Yandle is that, so the comparison was valid. The author was trying to demonstrate (through comparison) that Karlsson isn't an offence-only defenceman like the aforementioned Yandle.

That's why the author included that chart. It shows what a prototypical offense-first defenceman's deployment looks like. Then it shows Karlsson's as a way of demonstrating that his deployment is far more well-rounded than his critics argue.

The article wasn't trying to make a case for Karlsson over Yandle in the Norris race. It was demonstrating that Karlsson is not an offence-only defenceman.

Yes, I read the article, and although I am on the same side as the person writing it I found the article to be poorly written.  

Here's another article along similar lines. Instead of defending Karlsson's Norris votes this one simply talks about how Karlsson is re-defining the position and how you can still be (and he is) an effective defenseman without being a big hitter.
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-east/atlantic/ottawa-senators/erik-karlsson-leading-new-wave-of-defense-in-nhl/

P.S. It's also written much better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Just listened to Pierre's spot on TGOR and he said (quoting as well as I can) "I'd be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if he was not ready for the NHL next season".  Then he goes on to say how White was a steal in the draft.

Pierre panders to whatever audience he's speaking to.

Nah, he's been negative about the Sens in the past. He's come out and said he didn't believe Hammond was an NHL goalie. Although he did say that Hammond played very well and the score (3-2 plus two empties) was rather flattering to the Sens because of how Hammond played.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

nice to see the prospect I hyped most get a shot.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Heard that bit on Colin White as well this morning. WHile pierre panders a bit to his audience, he rarely ever gives an opinion after viewing someone in person and proclaiming that he might make the nhl next season. That's pretty high praise and it's exactly what happened with Colin White. Good news for the sens.

Now more importantly, has that boro game misconduct been rescinded yet?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Boro had hit a Sens player then his misconduct would have been rescinded before the game ended, and he would have been given a compensatory penalty shot attempt.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If Boro had hit a Sens player then his misconduct would have been rescinded before the game ended, and he would have been given a compensatory penalty shot attempt.

Precisely.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Heard that bit on Colin White as well this morning.  WHile pierre panders a bit to his audience, he rarely ever gives an opinion after viewing someone in person and proclaiming that he might make the nhl next season.  That's pretty high praise and it's exactly what happened with Colin White. Good news for the sens.  

Which makes lazar expandable?
So we're going to rush some more prospects into the NHL. Good, the Edmonton model seems to work so well.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:Heard that bit on Colin White as well this morning.  WHile pierre panders a bit to his audience, he rarely ever gives an opinion after viewing someone in person and proclaiming that he might make the nhl next season.  That's pretty high praise and it's exactly what happened with Colin White. Good news for the sens.  

So we're going to rush some more prospects into the NHL. Good, the Edmonton model seems to work so well.

....what? how did you deduce that from my comment? Not saying he's gonna be rushed into the league at all, it's just promising to hear that he might be further along in his development.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

....what?  how did you deduce that from my comment?  Not saying he's gonna be rushed into the league at all, it's just promising to hear that he might be further along in his development.
No I'm not, I'm deducing that from what I think. White might make lazar expendable but while some people are saying that white and Chabot will soon be ready to make the jump I really think that we should be careful and have them play in lower leagues longer. Skipping the AHL hasn't worked out for most players expect for a few

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum