GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 67]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Pretty clear now why Bryan Murray has never won a Cup.

Good builder not a finisher?  

That's also true but I mean he is too patient and gets attached to players too much.
One of Cowen and Wiercioch should have been let go 3 years ago.
Like said above, more than 6 Million next year and none should be in the NHL.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Yup his inability to make more effective trades since ryan and methot, along with inability to sign UFAs is also why we're currently meddling in mediocrity.

Wasn't long ago when everyone thought the capitals were heading for a rebuild and then the new GM signed niskanen, orpik and got a veteran coach in trotz. And the season after, he signs justin williams and trades for TJ Oshie.

I'm not saying Murray needs to do ALL of those things, but he's out of coaching changes now, so he needs to at least do ONE of those things I mentioned. At this point, a significant trade needs to happen.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:Yup his inability to make more effective trades since ryan and methot, along with inability to sign UFAs is also why we're currently meddling in mediocrity.

Wasn't long ago when everyone thought the capitals were heading for a rebuild and then the new GM signed niskanen, orpik and got a veteran coach in trotz.  And the season after, he signs justin williams and trades for TJ Oshie.  

I'm not saying Murray needs to do ALL of those things, but he's out of coaching changes now, so he needs to at least do ONE of those things I mentioned.  At this point, a significant trade needs to happen.  
Don't forget he stole Turris. It is time for a new view and at this point I wonder if Dorion will follow Murray's lead or if someone from outside the org needs to be brought in. I think a bold move with either Ryan or ZBad might be a great idea.

I also wouldn't paint him with the inability to sign UFAs, that may be due to another reason.

If I was EK I might begin to wonder if this org is going to move forward or if it might be time for me to move on sooner than later.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Yup his inability to make more effective trades since ryan and methot, along with inability to sign UFAs is also why we're currently meddling in mediocrity.

Wasn't long ago when everyone thought the capitals were heading for a rebuild and then the new GM signed niskanen, orpik and got a veteran coach in trotz.  And the season after, he signs justin williams and trades for TJ Oshie.  

I'm not saying Murray needs to do ALL of those things, but he's out of coaching changes now, so he needs to at least do ONE of those things I mentioned.  At this point, a significant trade needs to happen.  

Yeah, I think Murray is a great builder but he seems a little hesitant to finish things right. At this point if you are still hoping the team turns this around its because you are missing the point that it is nowhere near where it needs to be to contend. Not with the back end looking like it does. I've been saying it but we might need to overpay. Who cares in the end if we end up with the best player. Throw a 1st, throw a prospect, throw an NHL player in there but get us a legit NHL Top 2 or top 4. Jeezuz

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

Don't forget he stole Turris.  It is time for a new view and at this point I wonder if Dorion will follow Murray's lead or if someone from outside the org needs to be brought in.  I think a bold move with either Ryan or ZBad might be a great idea.  

I also wouldn't paint him with the inability to sign UFAs, that may be due to another reason.  

If I was EK I might begin to wonder if this org is going to move forward or if it might be time for me to move on sooner than later.

I would not trade ryan.

Zib, not unless it's to upgrade on the 2C position.
Right now we are looking to either trade a winger or some Dmen with some pics and prospects for a top 4.

Just get it done murr

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Don't forget he stole Turris.  It is time for a new view and at this point I wonder if Dorion will follow Murray's lead or if someone from outside the org needs to be brought in.  I think a bold move with either Ryan or ZBad might be a great idea.  

I would not trade ryan.

Right now we are looking to either trade a winger or some Dmen with some pics and prospects for a top 4.

Just get it done murr
You think like Murray. If you are moving a winger not named Ryan and want a top 4, the wingers name is either Hoffman or Stone.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:

Yes, but Turris was a while back. So was Bobby Ryan (summer of 2013). And in between Yzerman stole Bishop...lots of wins and losses in trades under Bmurr's tenure.

I do agree, it's time for a change and a new view, but I would be more than OK with Dorion taking the reigns. That said, I don't agree that EK should be worried. Murray and the sens have clearly shown the ability to sign core players to long terms deals. Methot was his boy and he got a sufficient deal. Ryan signed long term after a season they missed the playoffs (also got overpaid a little). Same with Macarthur. I think Murray has managed the cap pretty well in terms of getting most bang for his buck with Turris + Karlsson + Anderson + Stone. And that's with the bad contracts of cowen and greening.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I was pissed off when the Islanders got Boychuk and Leddy while we all knew the Sens needed defensemen. Not only were they cheap, they've won Stanley Cups.

And It's not that the trades are lacking or that he gets fleeced (he actually does well). It's more the fact that he doesn't address needs when it's obvious. The lack of activity this off-season was troubling. He probably was still high on that miracle run.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

I would not trade ryan.

Just get it done murr
You think like Murray.  If you are moving a winger not named Ryan and want a top 4, the wingers name is either Hoffman or Stone.

Yes and that's why I think it might have to be Hoffman. Ryan brings more to the team than scoring. As much as I love Hoffman there is a few question marks about him going forward. And stone is part of the core. You do not move him.
So no I'm not like Murray. But I don't think anyone is available. Hoffman is valuable enough to build a deal around him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:I was pissed off when the Islanders got Boychuk and Leddy while we all knew the Sens needed defensemen. Not only were they cheap, they've won Stanley Cups.

And It's not that the trades are lacking or that he gets fleeced (he actually does well). It's more the fact that he doesn't address needs when it's obvious. The lack of activity this off-season was troubling. He probably was still high on that miracle run.
To be fair I think we all though wier finally turned the corner. Our D might have looked a lot better on paper. Yes we still thought we could benefit from a top 4 but it wasn't a sure thing. The difference is we have a very cost conscious owner that probably rather have youth in there than dish out large money through FA.
Now as it stands today, you have to wonder why we still haven't seen a move being done. This month will tell the story if BM can make it happen. Better be somebody that can really do it and not a fringe top 4. Something has to give.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I for one would be willing to have Dorion step in over Murray after this year. It's very hard to say how he would behave. He might just be more aggressive. If you look at Tim Murray he's also more aggressive than BM. So you never know. What you do know is you are keeping a very good hockey mind within the org with Dorion in terms of continually building from inside.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Chris Driedger has been called up.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Apparently Chris Driedger has been called up.

Hammond attending to a personal matter. Guess I won't be seeing the hamburglar on their cali trip this week.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Apparently Chris Driedger has been called up.

Hammond attending to a personal matter.  Guess I won't be seeing the hamburglar on their cali trip this week.
After the loss yesterday I would of been suprised to see Hammond play another game for a few more outing.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Honestly who can match Hoffman + Ceci for Shattenkirk out there?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Nobody should; not even us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:I was pissed off when the Islanders got Boychuk and Leddy while we all knew the Sens needed defensemen. Not only were they cheap, they've won Stanley Cups.

It's almost time for him to step down, or move aside. And as much as I love Dorion and Lee, a little outside perspective might be nice. Our nucleus is very strong, but we need someone to come in and finish things off so we can go for a Cup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Nobody should; not even us.

Yes, we really should. We need someone precisely like that and he loves Karlsson, so I think we can re-up with him for 7.5 per year or around there.

Hoffman is electric, but man do we ever need another D-man who doesn't suck like a vacuum. What do we have? Methot, Karlsson and perhaps you can throw in Boro for being a great third pairing guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum