GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, you're right, he's garbage.

Not sure if you're trolling me or just plain ignoring what I actually wrote.

I don't know what your point was, so interpret my post accordingly.

Le "sigh" Facepalm

It's a well established fact that offensive numbers are usually inflated in the Q. A fact underscored by seeing the great offensive stats Perron has and then further noticing that there are still 2 players with even greater offensive numbers.

So, not saying he is garbage, but just tempering the level of excitement by reminding every one that offensive numbers in the Q tend to be exaggerated.

That said, he is still third in the league, which is not too shabby. However he is 3rd in a league which is one of a half-dozen similar-level leagues around the world. Again, this does not, in any way, say that Perron is "garbage" -- all I am doing is tempering expectations away from the hyperbole.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:You know Prages it's actually easier to just admit you're wrong sometimes and leave it at that Laugh1

OK.  Fine.  I admit I was wrong ... in thinking you were all clever enough to get it without extra explanations.

That's a funny way of saying, "I made a kind of silly point, then when it was pointed out that I was being kind of silly, changed my point entirely as a way of saving face and am now blaming the intelligence of my audience for my silliness and lack of clarity."

You're good!

But I am better Wink

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:Me and a buddy were talking and decided the following. I realize this is super hb, but it's just for fun.

Sens trade Ceci and a 1st for Big Buff at the deadline. Trade Wier, Zib, pick for Duchene. Sign Goligoski. Trade 9MM for picks.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Now everyone can tell me why this won't work, but I don't care. I like it. :crossarms: Cheering  
that's expensive for a rental. big buff is a UFA at the end of the year. all they would likely get is a 1st and maybe a prospect.

He might stay if we let him have the Cup a couple extra days.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, you're right, he's garbage.

Not sure if you're trolling me or just plain ignoring what I actually wrote.

I don't know what your point was, so interpret my post accordingly.

Le "sigh" Facepalm

It's a well established fact that offensive numbers are usually inflated in the Q.  A fact underscored by seeing the great offensive stats Perron has and then further noticing that there are still 2 players with even greater offensive numbers.

So, not saying he is garbage, but just tempering the level of excitement by reminding every one that offensive numbers in the Q tend to be exaggerated.

That said, he is still third in the league, which is not too shabby.  However he is 3rd in a league which is one of a half-dozen similar-level leagues around the world.  Again, this does not, in any way, say that Perron is "garbage" -- all I am doing is tempering expectations away from the hyperbole.

As I said, garbage.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:Me and a buddy were talking and decided the following. I realize this is super hb, but it's just for fun.

Sens trade Ceci and a 1st for Big Buff at the deadline. Trade Wier, Zib, pick for Duchene. Sign Goligoski. Trade 9MM for picks.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Now everyone can tell me why this won't work, but I don't care. I like it. :crossarms: Cheering  
that's expensive for a rental. big buff is a UFA at the end of the year. all they would likely get is a 1st and maybe a prospect.

Ummm...this is my dream world. Clearly we resign him for 5x$7M. Goli for $5.5, Hoffman signed for $4, etc.

so this all happens for next year? what happens to cowen? does he play top 4 left for the rest of the season?

It happens this year and next. The trade for Buff happens at the deadline. The trade for Duchene happens next week. The Goli signing is the first one announced on July 1. Cowen gets moved for a chicken dinner with an extra side of gravy.
You're right. This happens on HF. Or worse HB. Sarcasm
Good luck with that. Laugh1

I was just waiting for your ok. I'll get on the horn with Murray asap and get the wheels turning. StickmanDancing

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Ummm...this is my dream world. Clearly we resign him for 5x$7M. Goli for $5.5, Hoffman signed for $4, etc.

so this all happens for next year? what happens to cowen? does he play top 4 left for the rest of the season?

It happens this year and next. The trade for Buff happens at the deadline. The trade for Duchene happens next week. The Goli signing is the first one announced on July 1. Cowen gets moved for a chicken dinner with an extra side of gravy.
You're right. This happens on HF. Or worse HB. Sarcasm
Good luck with that. Laugh1

I was just waiting for your ok. I'll get on the horn with Murray asap and get the wheels turning. StickmanDancing
I don't know if i can give you my ok buddy. i mean bringing a powerful Dman in buff is an interesting idea for sure but there's a few questions looking forward. A: hes going to need as was stated a huge contract (7 mill most likely, maybe more if someone goes full stupid) B: he's known to not have the best conditioning around and with him aging that is likely going to see his effectiveness be reduced.
so i question what you are getting by signingthat type of player for the next 5+ years. certainly you are probably getting a great player that brings a lot for the next 3 years but after that it's anyones guess. i would certainly not want to give him a NTC. also, do we need to trade for him if he's likely going to hit the FA market?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any progress on the trade front?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Garrioch says it's a 2nd plus Puempel or Prince? No thanks. A 2nd is plenty

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Garrioch says it's a 2nd plus Puempel or Prince?  No thanks.  A 2nd is plenty

Depends who the guy is coming back. We could certainly trade away one of Puempel or Prince and not really miss a beat at this point.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Garrioch says it's a 2nd plus Puempel or Prince?  No thanks.  A 2nd is plenty

Depends who the guy is coming back.  We could certainly trade away one of Puempel or Prince and not really miss a beat at this point.

I agree and right now Cameron isn't even using Prince which is frustrating because I have thought he played pretty well when he's been in the lineup. Just very snake bitten.

Puempel has been okay but definitely needs to be better.

If the return is a top 4 D then I think it's not such a bad thing to include one of the two. My preference would be Puempel because I think Prince can be a top 6. I'm not sold on Puempel having that much potential.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Depends who the guy is coming back.  We could certainly trade away one of Puempel or Prince and not really miss a beat at this point.

That was for Daley I believe. That's a lot IMO. I'd wait if I were Murray

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Without knowing what's on the other side of that equation, how can you say a 2nd is plenty?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Without knowing what's on the other side of that equation, how can you say a 2nd is plenty?

I forgot to put Daley in there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just read the article.

Two league executives told the Sun if the Senators are serious about Chicago Blackhawks' blueliner Trevor Daley, who is available, the asking price is likely a second-round pick along with either winger Matt Puempel or Shane Prince.

In Daley's case, he also has a year left at $3.3 million before becoming a UFA

Guy's 32 and, with the exception of last year in Dallas, is a career 25-ish point guy. Didn't he have hip surgery in the off-season? Also he's undersized (5'11").

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think Daley is pretty good but I do agree with being hesitant if he's the guy coming back. He's been a top 4 defensemen most of his career but he's struggling with Chicago. That's a worrisome sign to me because a good player would not struggle with that team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is it time to give Frankie Claesson a game or two? Or has he fallen on hard times down in Bingo? I remember a year ago, maybe even two, how he was doing such a great job down there he was ready to push for a spot.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Issue is we also desperately need to trade a defenceman from our roster. Even if the 2nd was involved, makes no sense to acquire an extra dman.

Should ponder though, what would weircioch + prince + 2nd rounder get you? Cam fowler?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think Daley is pretty good but I do agree with being hesitant if he's the guy coming back. He's been a top 4 defensemen most of his career but he's struggling with Chicago. That's a worrisome sign to me because a good player would not struggle with that team.

Yeah, I wouldn't dream of paying a 2nd + Puempel/Prince for Daley.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum