GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:You know Prages it's actually easier to just admit you're wrong sometimes and leave it at that Laugh1

OK.  Fine.  I admit I was wrong ... in thinking you were all clever enough to get it without extra explanations.

That's a funny way of saying, "I made a kind of silly point, then when it was pointed out that I was being kind of silly, changed my point entirely as a way of saving face and am now blaming the intelligence of my audience for my silliness and lack of clarity."

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:You know Prages it's actually easier to just admit you're wrong sometimes and leave it at that Laugh1

OK.  Fine.  I admit I was wrong ... in thinking you were all clever enough to get it without extra explanations.

That's a funny way of saying, "I made a kind of silly point, then when it was pointed out that I was being kind of silly, changed my point entirely as a way of saving face and am now blaming the intelligence of my audience for my silliness and lack of clarity."

Right you are, my good man. GolfingBanana

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Hammond injured in practice (took yet another shot on the helmet, although hasn't been confirmed if that was it).  O'Connor recalled from Bingo.

Season. Over.

Blow. It. Up. Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Hammond injured in practice (took yet another shot on the helmet, although hasn't been confirmed if that was it).  O'Connor recalled from Bingo.

Season. Over.

Blow. It. Up. Ahhhhh!

Ahhhhh!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You said it brah.

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Me and a buddy were talking and decided the following. I realize this is super hb, but it's just for fun.

Sens trade Ceci and a 1st for Big Buff at the deadline. Trade Wier, Zib, pick for Duchene. Sign Goligoski. Trade 9MM for picks.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Now everyone can tell me why this won't work, but I don't care. I like it. :crossarms: Cheering

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Parade lineup right there. As that other fella would say, LET'S DO IT!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jumpin' Jiminy!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Me and a buddy were talking and decided the following. I realize this is super hb, but it's just for fun.

Sens trade Ceci and a 1st for Big Buff at the deadline. Trade Wier, Zib, pick for Duchene. Sign Goligoski. Trade 9MM for picks.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Now everyone can tell me why this won't work, but I don't care. I like it. :crossarms: Cheering  
that's expensive for a rental. big buff is a UFA at the end of the year. all they would likely get is a 1st and maybe a prospect.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:Me and a buddy were talking and decided the following. I realize this is super hb, but it's just for fun.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

that's expensive for a rental. big buff is a UFA at the end of the year. all they would likely get is a 1st and maybe a prospect.

Ummm...this is my dream world. Clearly we resign him for 5x$7M. Goli for $5.5, Hoffman signed for $4, etc.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Ummm...this is my dream world. Clearly we resign him for 5x$7M. Goli for $5.5, Hoffman signed for $4, etc.

so this all happens for next year? what happens to cowen? does he play top 4 left for the rest of the season?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

so this all happens for next year? what happens to cowen? does he play top 4 left for the rest of the season?

It happens this year and next. The trade for Buff happens at the deadline. The trade for Duchene happens next week. The Goli signing is the first one announced on July 1. Cowen gets moved for a chicken dinner with an extra side of gravy.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

It happens this year and next. The trade for Buff happens at the deadline. The trade for Duchene happens next week. The Goli signing is the first one announced on July 1. Cowen gets moved for a chicken dinner with an extra side of gravy.
You're right. This happens on HF. Or worse HB. Sarcasm
Good luck with that. Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Have the trades begun yet?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really like the idea of getting Byfuglien, but you better believe he's set on going to free agency. Honestly, anything that involves changes to the D sounds good right now. Wiercioch and Ceci last night were...not great.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, you're right, he's garbage.

Not sure if you're trolling me or just plain ignoring what I actually wrote.

I don't know what your point was, so interpret my post accordingly.

Le "sigh" Facepalm

It's a well established fact that offensive numbers are usually inflated in the Q. A fact underscored by seeing the great offensive stats Perron has and then further noticing that there are still 2 players with even greater offensive numbers.

So, not saying he is garbage, but just tempering the level of excitement by reminding every one that offensive numbers in the Q tend to be exaggerated.

That said, he is still third in the league, which is not too shabby. However he is 3rd in a league which is one of a half-dozen similar-level leagues around the world. Again, this does not, in any way, say that Perron is "garbage" -- all I am doing is tempering expectations away from the hyperbole.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

You're good!

But I am better Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Duchene-Ryan
Lazar-JGP-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Prince

Methot-Karlsson
Goligoski-Byfuglien
Boro-Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

He might stay if we let him have the Cup a couple extra days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum