GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 58]

451Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Wow with all the moves happening there won't be much left to trade by the deadline.

I think it'll be a bust, but...now come some interesting players on the block.

Bozak, Lupul, Phaneuf, Kessel, Legwand, Glencross, Cole, Coburn, Zuccarello, Green, Wisniewski, Wiercioch/Cowen, Petry, Stewart, Hodgson (lol), Kassian.

Lots of moving pieces still in play.

Faith....RESTORED! Thanks, SpezD!

452Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously though, at the very least you have Vermette, Glencross, Wisniewski, Petry, Stewart - and that's not even counting the Leafs guys, so unless they go hog wild before Monday, it'll be interesting.

453Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Seriously though, at the very least you have Vermette, Glencross, Wisniewski, Petry, Stewart - and that's not even counting the Leafs guys, so unless they go hog wild before Monday, it'll be interesting.

Plus there will be surely be players who haven't been mentioned that will get moved. Heck, if a franchise player like "DSP" can get traded, anything can happen.

454Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And there's still the big trade that will be known as the creation of the O'Ry Ry line.

- Unknown Author

455Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:00 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:And there's still the big trade that will be known as the creation of the O'Ry Ry line.

Well said.

456Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:14 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hopefully the Sens do next to nothing, no reason to really. This summer is when it will happen for Murray, can't see a lot of reasoning behind adding or subtracting from the current roster short of moving Phillips, Greening, or Legwand.

457Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Hopefully the Sens do next to nothing, no reason to really.  This summer is when it will happen for Murray, can't see a lot of reasoning behind adding or subtracting from the current roster short of moving Phillips, Greening, or Legwand.

Correct. Maybe Cowen too - but he should be moved in a package for an impact forward.

We're up against it next season as is. If you figure 3 mil for ZBad, 3 mil for Hoffman, 3 mil for Stone and 1 mil for Pageau, we're over the cap.

Gotta make some moves. Now is not the time for Cowen I would guess, but he's likely kicking the tires on forwards in hopes of making a move in the off-season.

458Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:26 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They need to move bodies one way or another and I agree with Ev that they are looking at Wikstrand in the very short future to be part of that blueline but I disagree when he says he won't need time in the AHL or it's at least a possibility he won't. IMO no chance he makes the team out of camp but he will be an early call up.

Also IMO both Boroweicki and Wiercioch are better suited in their roles than Cowen is at this point and with the same amount of reps and time the team has invested in Cowen I think both of these guys become better hockey players, at worst better fits. Add in Claeson and Wikstand and they absolutely need to move someone and it should be Cowen.

Cowen is a player who's potential is still there, he can do a little of this, a little of that, play physical, but the IQ isn't there. There will be a team willing to take a chance on Cowen for sure and he can probably be package with some picks, prospects, and maybe another roster player for a player they believe can make them better right now and for years down the road.

As I said before and everyone else knows, they need to move some bodies because right now it's a little insane but everyone seems to be getting regular ice time and Greening found himself back up in the NHL so maybe not?

459Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:Hopefully the Sens do next to nothing, no reason to really.  This summer is when it will happen for Murray, can't see a lot of reasoning behind adding or subtracting from the current roster short of moving Phillips, Greening, or Legwand.

Correct.  Maybe Cowen too - but he should be moved in a package for an impact forward.

We're up against it next season as is.  If you figure 3 mil for ZBad, 3 mil for Hoffman, 3 mil for Stone and 1 mil for Pageau, we're over the cap.

Gotta make some moves.  Now is not the time for Cowen I would guess, but he's likely kicking the tires on forwards in hopes of making a move in the off-season.

A point I've been making since, oh, the invention of the 2014 "budget crisis," LOL. Laugh1

460Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:31 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We could legitimately be nestled up against the cap lol.
cap hit is higher.  Sens love the escalating salaries.  For every player they sign that amount has to go out.  

Youre assuming this is true. This is not a fact.

What, one rumour isn't good enough for you?

461Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Correct.  Maybe Cowen too - but he should be moved in a package for an impact forward.

We're up against it next season as is.  If you figure 3 mil for ZBad, 3 mil for Hoffman, 3 mil for Stone and 1 mil for Pageau, we're over the cap.

Gotta make some moves.  Now is not the time for Cowen I would guess, but he's likely kicking the tires on forwards in hopes of making a move in the off-season.

A point I've been making since, oh, the invention of the 2014 "budget crisis," LOL.  Laugh1

I think we are both on that boat along with LeKid and some others.

Wasn't the whole theory debunked after they signed 4 big time UFA's to be? Anderson, Methot, Ryan, and MacArthur. Hell, weren't people going to be happy if they signed 2 or 3 of the group let alone all 4?

Sens are perfectly set up going into the future. I still think Murray is too loyal to some guys but the results without Phillips and Neil (who I still think has a place) are starting to speak for themselves.

462Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So you guys can continue to circlejerk each other all you like. The point I made, and will continue to make, is "let's see what actually happens". As of now, we have the 3rd smallest payroll in the NHL. Melnyk is slimy and hasn't done much to garner trust.

463Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:37 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:So you guys can continue to circlejerk each other all you like.  The point I made, and will continue to make, is "let's see what actually happens".  As of now, we have the 3rd smallest payroll in the NHL.  Melnyk is slimy and hasn't done much to garner trust.

Normally, it should change as soon as September.
Even without the RFAs, we have increased Ryan, Methot, McArthur and Boro, total around 6Million

Last edited by LeCaptain on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

464Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So you guys can continue to circlejerk each other all you like.  The point I made, and will continue to make, is "let's see what actually happens".  As of now, we have the 3rd smallest payroll in the NHL.  Melnyk is slimy and hasn't done much to garner trust.

Seems reasonable.

465Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Also the 3rd or 4th youngest team in the NHL. There's always, always going to be a correlation there.

Anyway, we'll see. If we ship out good talent to save $$, I'll be right there with everyone. But there's been zero concrete evidence to show that that's what's happening.

466Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:39 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Garrioch said last night that the "budget" is going to be increased so unless you believe he's a liar and doesn't have an in with the Sens... the Sens budget is going to increase going into next year.

Melnyk is pretty slimy though but like Ev suggested hopefully he's smart enough to figure out he needs to pretend he's not.

467Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Seems reasonable.

My "wait and see" moment was Ryan, MacAthur, and Anderson... I thought Methot was out the door. No reason to wait and see, everyone they needed to resign and wanted to build around has been resigned.

468Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 31 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:40 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Garrioch said last night that the "budget" is going to be increased so unless you believe he's a liar and doesn't have an in with the Sens... the Sens budget is going to increase going into next year.

Melnyk is pretty slimy though but like Ev suggested hopefully he's smart enough to figure out he needs to pretend he's not.

So yeah, the #budget will go up, but by how much. #waitandsee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum