GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+30
22_4_ever
Straight Shooter
Sens4thecup
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Flo The Action
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
dawg's wife
CockRoche
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This should be an interesting one from a Sens fans POV.

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

IMO, the Sens will likely want a 1st and a prospect for Fisher if he goes. Or a BLUE chip prospect a la Hodgson, Filatov, Colbourne etc.

Slightly less for Phillips. A 1st or a forward prospect + salary dump. For example, Huskins and a 1st from SJ.

We can all hope for a bidding war on Ruutu, but a 3rd sounds about right.

We can all hope for a bidding war on Kuba, but a 2nd and mid-level prospect sounds right.

If Gonchar agrees that it's not working...he could be worth a TON.

Campoli could easily garner a nice forward prospect, but in all honesty, I would keep him if he'll re-sign.

Depending on the offer, I think the Sens at least listen to offers for Michalek.

I think Foligno's in play this summer, but if someone's offering a forward prospect with big upside, obviously the Sens would do it.

Not sure about Regin, but I wouldn't do it personally. Nor Winchester or Carkner.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sens are overly optimistic if they think they can get that kind of return on their assets.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens are overly optimistic if they think they can get that kind of return on their assets.

If they don't get those precise assests, then they haven't done a good enough job in getting teams attention. Fisher is a killer in the playoffs, teams on the cusp need a player like that. Watch what the return is if he's traded.

Phillips on reputation alone should merit a 1st - let alone he's a playoff warrior as well.

Kuba...is worth a 2nd at least, we all know he can be better than this. He's in a perfect storm of being injured for a year, then coming back and struggling badly.

I think all of those are attainable if the Sens really work hard.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreger:

Karlsson and Fisher are not avail.

I have to circumvent the filter here: $hit!!!

Sorry to be a broken record but having him around is a BIG reason why some of young players are going nowhere and why that 2nd line has been a black hole for so long.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger:

Sorry to be a broken record but having him around is a BIG reason why some of young players are going nowhere and why that 2nd line has been a black hole for so long.

But why!? Cuss. Mad

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I seriously doubt Fisher will waive his NTC. If the new coach can convince him to play on the wing I'd be OK with him staying.

Plus I think the amount of women buying tickets will drop a fair bit if he goes Laugh1

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You also have to factor in all the Underwood fans that would be lost. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger:

Better be a friggin' ploy by Murray to increase the offers.

I guess we can assume this thread will be a CockRoche free area? Laughing3

Hoags wrote:I seriously doubt Fisher will waive his NTC. If the new coach can convince him to play on the wing I'd be OK with him staying.

Plus I think the amount of women buying tickets will drop a fair bit if he goes Laugh1

Hasn't that been a collective dream of everyone here for like what? 3 years?

Not going to happen. Hopefully he waives.

SpezDispenser wrote:IMO, the Sens will likely want a 1st and a prospect for Fisher if he goes. Or a BLUE chip prospect a la Hodgson, Filatov, Colbourne etc.

Slightly less for Phillips. A 1st or a forward prospect + salary dump. For example, Huskins and a 1st from SJ.

We can all hope for a bidding war on Ruutu, but a 3rd sounds about right.

We can all hope for a bidding war on Kuba, but a 2nd and mid-level prospect sounds right.

If Gonchar agrees that it's not working...he could be worth a TON.

Campoli could easily garner a nice forward prospect, but in all honesty, I would keep him if he'll re-sign.

Depending on the offer, I think the Sens at least listen to offers for Michalek.

I think Foligno's in play this summer, but if someone's offering a forward prospect with big upside, obviously the Sens would do it.

Not sure about Regin, but I wouldn't do it personally. Nor Winchester or Carkner.

Surely you jest. Kuba is not worth anything close to a 2nd a prospect (even a bottom feeder).

Check Big Ev's signature for my feelings on Kuba's trade value Wink

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

We haven't had a coach with a backbone here ... ever ?

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens are overly optimistic if they think they can get that kind of return on their assets.

If they don't get those precise assests, then they haven't done a good enough job in getting teams attention. Fisher is a killer in the playoffs, teams on the cusp need a player like that. Watch what the return is if he's traded.

Phillips on reputation alone should merit a 1st - let alone he's a playoff warrior as well.

Kuba...is worth a 2nd at least, we all know he can be better than this. He's in a perfect storm of being injured for a year, then coming back and struggling badly.

I think all of those are attainable if the Sens really work hard.

I think you're getting your hopes up. Murray's trade record, particularly at the deadline doesn't suggest he'll fleece anyone. Not unless Mike Milbury lands a GM job quickly. I'd be happy to shave off a few longer (than this season) contracts and start fresh(er) with more cap space and a few more picks/prospects.

Thinking that we are landing a Filatov/Schenn for our assets is wishful thinking I'd say, particularly since our most valuable assets control their own fates.

Last edited by hemlock on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Hoags wrote:
hemlock wrote:

We haven't had a coach with a backbone here ... ever ?

You can't force the guy to play the wing though. Sure he may play, but if he's unhappy about it, I wouldn't expect a lot. A Mike Fisher who's not playing the body and a gritty sort of game, is a very ineffective and overpaid Mike Fisher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum