GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+30
22_4_ever
Straight Shooter
Sens4thecup
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Flo The Action
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
dawg's wife
CockRoche
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fisher has lots of term and money left on his contract (two more years, $4.2M per), and he has a NTC. He and Carrie are building a home in Ottawa. In order for him to want to waive his NTC, it would have to be to go somewhere of HIS choosing…there are always the Nashville rumours, but are they anything more than rumours? Does Nashville want him? Do they have the budget room (they are NOT a team willing to spend to the cap)?

Fisher is not a playoff rental, he is a guy that will take up a big portion of your cap for the foreseeable future, and his production isn’t necessarily worth the money he’s being paid. A lot of the teams heading into the playoffs would have a tough time justifying his cap hit for the next couple of years.

Plus, Murray will want pretty good return for Fisher. All this adds up to Fisher not being dealt anytime soon…unless, of course, he is willing to waive his NTC to go anywhere, but you get the impression he would like to stay in Ottawa.

I would like to see him traded for decent return, but I just don’t know if that’s possible this year.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:Agreed with everyhting you said, but FIsher just isn't going to the wing. I don't know the reason, but it's been talked about for years, and it's clearly a great move on paper, but it's just never materialized. I think he'd be a whole lot more effective as a winger, as do a lot of people.

I'm not a coach so someone who can translate for me would be appreciated but wingers have certain assignments that centers don't have and that's why he doesn't want to do it.

He does what he wants when he wants and no coach will tell him otherwise. I'm sure of it. Need I repost the transcript?

yes please

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Fisher has lots of term and money left on his contract (two more years, $4.2M per), and he has a NTC. He and Carrie are building a home in Ottawa. In order for him to want to waive his NTC, it would have to be to go somewhere of HIS choosing…there are always the Nashville rumours, but are they anything more than rumours? Does Nashville want him? Do they have the budget room (they are NOT a team willing to spend to the cap)?

Fisher is not a playoff rental, he is a guy that will take up a big portion of your cap for the foreseeable future, and his production isn’t necessarily worth the money he’s being paid. A lot of the teams heading into the playoffs would have a tough time justifying his cap hit for the next couple of years.

Plus, Murray will want pretty good return for Fisher. All this adds up to Fisher not being dealt anytime soon…unless, of course, he is willing to waive his NTC to go anywhere, but you get the impression he would like to stay in Ottawa.

I would like to see him traded for decent return, but I just don’t know if that’s possible this year.

Our good friend Eck!und is saying that he's probably off to LA ... E3 ...!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:Agreed with everyhting you said, but FIsher just isn't going to the wing. I don't know the reason, but it's been talked about for years, and it's clearly a great move on paper, but it's just never materialized. I think he'd be a whole lot more effective as a winger, as do a lot of people.

I'm not a coach so someone who can translate for me would be appreciated but wingers have certain assignments that centers don't have and that's why he doesn't want to do it.

He does what he wants when he wants and no coach will tell him otherwise. I'm sure of it. Need I repost the transcript?

yes please

Done.

Also, this was overheard after the game:

Mike Fisher to Cory Clouston: "Do you know who the Diddle I am? I'm Mike Diddling Fisher, 2nd Line Center for the Ottawa Senators. Got that, Wing Dang Doodle?!?"

CC: "Yes, sir " Sad

Similar to when Mike "agreed" to play wing:

MF: "Do you know who the Diddle I am? I'm Mike Diddling Fisher, 2nd Line Center for the Ottawa Senators. Got that, Wing Dang Doodle?!?"

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:

Our good friend Eck!und is saying that he's probably off to LA ... E3 ...!!!

OMG...that would be amazing. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

yes please

Done.

Also, this was overheard after the game:

Mike Fisher to Cory Clouston: "Do you know who the Diddle I am? I'm Mike Diddling Fisher, 2nd Line Center for the Ottawa Senators. Got that, Wing Dang Doodle?!?"

Similar to when Mike "agreed" to play wing:

MF: "Do you know who the Diddle I am? I'm Mike Diddling Fisher, 2nd Line Center for the Ottawa Senators. Got that, Wing Dang Doodle?!?"

Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Our good friend Eck!und is saying that he's probably off to LA ... E3 ...!!!

And Dregor's doing his part saying the Sharks D is woeful and that Chris Phillips should be going there.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Rumor has it that Phillips could be moved soon. A relative of his mentioned that Boston is interested in acquiring him (which we all knew anyway). Why in the world would we want to trade inter-divisonally?

Thought I'd post this because I just heard it, but they probably know about as much as we do right now...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Rumor has it that Phillips could be moved soon. A relative of his mentioned that Boston is interested in acquiring him (which we all knew anyway). Why in the world would we want to trade inter-divisonally?

Thought I'd post this because I just heard it, but they probably know about as much as we do right now...

Joe Colborne time. FingersCrossed

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=101538

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Rumor has it that Phillips could be moved soon. A relative of his mentioned that Boston is interested in acquiring him (which we all knew anyway). Why in the world would we want to trade inter-divisonally?

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the potential return. They are tight to the cap and little in terms of expendable roster players. Trading in the division is no biggie since our season is a write off and we could just as well lose Phillips for nothing to a division rival too (See Chara.)

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

if its boston, then we gotta stick to our guns. this is inter divisional, you are expected to overpay a bit (see leafs/bruins deal for kessel).

But as a vendetta, I'd love nothing more than to screw over Doug Wilson's sharks.

This is all presuming Philips re-signs with us in the off-season

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sharks better wake up and send over Setoguchi if they want Phillips, otherwise they could be stuck with Kuba - although, I think they'll get Kaberle.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:The Sharks better wake up and send over Setoguchi if they want Phillips, otherwise they could be stuck with Kuba - although, I think they'll get Kaberle.

The Gooch!?!?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The Sharks better wake up and send over Setoguchi if they want Phillips, otherwise they could be stuck with Kuba - although, I think they'll get Kaberle.

The Gooch!?!?

The gooch and the gonch Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Gooch!?!?

I don't even know if I want him anymore. I'd almost prefer a nice, fresh 1st round pick.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Setoguchi ++

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Gooch!?!?

I don't even know if I want him anymore. I'd almost prefer a nice, fresh 1st round pick.

Not a fan of The Gooch, personally.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Gooch!?!?

call me crazy, but you have a better shot of getting boston's original 1st rounder than san jose's 1st round pick. But I could be wrong.....woudl certainly prefer San Jose pick

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

Setoguchi ++

++? I think you're dreaming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum