GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+30
22_4_ever
Straight Shooter
Sens4thecup
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Flo The Action
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
dawg's wife
CockRoche
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The Sharks better wake up and send over Setoguchi if they want Phillips, otherwise they could be stuck with Kuba - although, I think they'll get Kaberle.

The Gooch!?!?

I don't even know if I want him anymore. I'd almost prefer a nice, fresh 1st round pick.

Not a fan of The Gooch, personally.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The Sharks better wake up and send over Setoguchi if they want Phillips, otherwise they could be stuck with Kuba - although, I think they'll get Kaberle.

The Gooch!?!?

I don't even know if I want him anymore. I'd almost prefer a nice, fresh 1st round pick.

call me crazy, but you have a better shot of getting boston's original 1st rounder than san jose's 1st round pick. But I could be wrong.....woudl certainly prefer San Jose pick

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

Setoguchi ++

++? I think you're dreaming.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
call me crazy, but you have a better shot of getting boston's original 1st rounder than san jose's 1st round pick. But I could be wrong.....woudl certainly prefer San Jose pick

Meh, I think they'll both be out in Round 2, so I'm not sure it matters. Although, yeah, I guess SJ could end up 12th in the West by merit of a point or two and we'd have two nice 1st rounders.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Setoguchi ++

++? I think you're dreaming.

you do know seto's stock has dropped off quite a bit right? maybe not ++ but straight up? no way

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
you do know seto's stock has dropped off quite a bit right? maybe not ++ but straight up? no way

Vicious circle though, had he not dropped off, we wouldn't be talking about acquiring him for a rental.

What's the + in your opinion?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Gooch!?!?

Boston still owns Toronto's 1st round pick don't they? I'll take that one thank you very much Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Gooch!?!?

Boston still owns Toronto's 1st round pick don't they? I'll take that one thank you very much Smile

If they want Phillips that's the asking price for a division rival.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My goodness that would be sweet. Dare to dream.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:My goodness that would be sweet. Dare to dream.

It doesn't cost a thing and they haven't found a way to tax it yet; so why not Smile

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:

It doesn't cost a thing and they haven't found a way to tax it yet; so why not Smile

It's worth a shot if we're willing to part with Rundblad or Karlsson. Then we could somehow secure Larsson and a forward...

bah not realistic!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Vicious circle though, had he not dropped off, we wouldn't be talking about acquiring him for a rental.

What's the + in your opinion?

I'd hope for a prospect or at least a 2nd rounder....maybe I'm reaching but damn it screw Doug Wilson for once. He's the beneficiary of very generous deals most of the time

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

It's worth a shot if we're willing to part with Rundblad or Karlsson. Then we could somehow secure Larsson and a forward...

bah not realistic!

I was talking to a Boston fan here at the office and we came to the conclusion that Boston may not have huge interest in this season's prospects and could potentially trade down or trade for a 1st in the next draft PLUS whatever they are looking for this season.

Anyone else?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
I'd hope for a prospect or at least a 2nd rounder....maybe I'm reaching but damn it screw Doug Wilson for once. He's the beneficiary of very generous deals most of the time

I agree that the cost is slightly higher because of the Heatley fiasco. But if they can pull Seto + a 2nd...I'd be in awe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I was talking to a Boston fan here at the office and we came to the conclusion that Boston may not have huge interest in this season's prospects and could potentially trade down or trade for a 1st in the next draft PLUS whatever they are looking for this season.

Anyone else?

Oh man... Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Anyone else?

Oh man... Ahhhhh!

That's just a couple of fans talking, of course.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think the main benefit will be if we manage to shed some salary and some of these disappointing players making room for younger players who care.

I'm not worried too much on the return, I don't think it'll be as good as we want.

Making a significant change to the core of this time is the main goal.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:IMO, the Sens will likely want a 1st and a prospect for Fisher if he goes. Or a BLUE chip prospect a la Hodgson, Filatov, Colbourne etc.

Slightly less for Phillips. A 1st or a forward prospect + salary dump. For example, Huskins and a 1st from SJ.

We can all hope for a bidding war on Ruutu, but a 3rd sounds about right.

We can all hope for a bidding war on Kuba, but a 2nd and mid-level prospect sounds right.

If Gonchar agrees that it's not working...he could be worth a TON.

Campoli could easily garner a nice forward prospect, but in all honesty, I would keep him if he'll re-sign.

Depending on the offer, I think the Sens at least listen to offers for Michalek.

I think Foligno's in play this summer, but if someone's offering a forward prospect with big upside, obviously the Sens would do it.

Not sure about Regin, but I wouldn't do it personally. Nor Winchester or Carkner.

If the Kings were in on Fisher -- would you want Braydon Schenn or Tyler Toffoli + something else?

Kuba we can only hope.. but with the way he is playing who in the hell would want him. Are there any Mike Milbury's out there?

If Gonchar leaves after 1 season.. that's a big red flag for any UFA that may consider coming to Ottawa. When he started in Pitts I think his first year was terrible as well.

I like Campoli to stay. Other than last night.. he's played okay this season. I would also keep Michalek. He is still young and will be better next season when his knee is fully healed. An ACL surgery takes about a year to recover from. Also keep Foligno & Regin & Winchester.. they are still young and can develop.

Carkner may find himself the 7th D man next season: I'm hoping for a defense of:
Phillips/Karlsson
Gonchar/Campoli
Cowen/Rundblad.

That would be getting rid of Kuba.. trade or waive?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum