GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+30
22_4_ever
Straight Shooter
Sens4thecup
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Flo The Action
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
dawg's wife
CockRoche
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

Hasn't that been a collective dream of everyone here for like what? 3 years?

Not going to happen. Hopefully he waives.

We haven't had a coach with a backbone here ... ever ?

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens are overly optimistic if they think they can get that kind of return on their assets.

If they don't get those precise assests, then they haven't done a good enough job in getting teams attention. Fisher is a killer in the playoffs, teams on the cusp need a player like that. Watch what the return is if he's traded.

Phillips on reputation alone should merit a 1st - let alone he's a playoff warrior as well.

Kuba...is worth a 2nd at least, we all know he can be better than this. He's in a perfect storm of being injured for a year, then coming back and struggling badly.

I think all of those are attainable if the Sens really work hard.

I think you're getting your hopes up. Murray's trade record, particularly at the deadline doesn't suggest he'll fleece anyone. Not unless Mike Milbury lands a GM job quickly. I'd be happy to shave off a few longer (than this season) contracts and start fresh(er) with more cap space and a few more picks/prospects.

Thinking that we are landing a Filatov/Schenn for our assets is wishful thinking I'd say, particularly since our most valuable assets control their own fates.

Last edited by hemlock on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Hoags wrote:
hemlock wrote:

You can't force the guy to play the wing though. Sure he may play, but if he's unhappy about it, I wouldn't expect a lot. A Mike Fisher who's not playing the body and a gritty sort of game, is a very ineffective and overpaid Mike Fisher.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
Hoags wrote:
hemlock wrote:

You can't force the guy to play the wing though. Sure he may play, but if he's unhappy about it, I wouldn't expect a lot. A Mike Fisher who's not playing the body and a gritty sort of game, is a very ineffective and overpaid Mike Fisher.

It's worked for a LOT of other guys on this team over the years. Not a team player, IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Surely you jest. Kuba is not worth anything close to a 2nd a prospect (even a bottom feeder).

Check Big Ev's signature for my feelings on Kuba's trade value Wink

Right now he's worth jack Dung, but I think GMs do their research and they would probably realize that Kuba's a real vet, stabilizing force that can be added to your 2nd pairing and play a steady D. This year has been a nightmare for all Sens players, but hopefully they still have value.

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Surely you jest. Kuba is not worth anything close to a 2nd a prospect (even a bottom feeder).

Check Big Ev's signature for my feelings on Kuba's trade value Wink

Right now he's worth jack Dung, but I think GMs do their research and they would probably realize that Kuba's a real vet, stabilizing force that can be added to your 2nd pairing and play a steady D. This year has been a nightmare for all Sens players, but hopefully they still have value.

Yeah, hopefully. I just don't have a whole lot of faith in Murray around deadline time. Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
I think you're getting your hopes up. Murray's trade record, particularly at the deadline doesn't suggest he'll fleece anyone. Not unless Mike Milbury lands a GM job quickly. I'd be happy to shave off a few longer (than this season) contracts and start fresh(er) with more cap space and a few more picks/prospects.

Thinking that we are landing a Filatov/Schenn for our assets is wishful thinking I'd say, particularly since our most valuable assets control their own fates.

Maybe I am...I'm trying to be realistic, but if we don't get that, I would absolutely hang onto Fisher for at least next year. He can be effective when he's not injured or on one of his horrendous cold streaks.

If we don't get anything for Phillips, I think they'll re-sign him. Again, this year has been horrendous, is Phillips done? I personally don't think so - even though it looks like it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Yeah, hopefully. I just don't have a whole lot of faith in Murray around deadline time. Facepalm

Yeah, true. I'm a little nervous as well.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

We have a couple of natural centers who are playing wing right now, as do other teams. It happens a lot in the NHL.

As for fleecing ... it takes two to tango. There has to be a team out there that's desperate and that's pretty hard to find these days with the salary cap limiting possibilities.

We don't have much leverage as a seller so if Murray can't "fleece" anyone I wouldn't necessarily say it's his fault

It's why I don't like critiquing past trades, it's so easy to assume there were better offers and the GM just picked the worst one.

Generally speaking the trend post lockout seems to be that trade options are very limited so I am not expecting much at all. We don't have many options and other teams knows this which is why I don't expect a bidding war or anything like that.

Witness Burke's hilarious attempt over the summer to try and create a bidding war for Kaberle. Replace Kaberle with Kuba and it's the same thing.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Fisher likes Jesus and Guns. He's a better fit in the USA.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher is dangled heavily at the NHL draft

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Maybe I am...I'm trying to be realistic, but if we don't get that, I would absolutely hang onto Fisher for at least next year. He can be effective when he's not injured or on one of his horrendous cold streaks.

If we don't get anything for Phillips, I think they'll re-sign him. Again, this year has been horrendous, is Phillips done? I personally don't think so - even though it looks like it.

The benefit to hanging on to Fisher this season, is that next season his NTC becomes limited, so we'd probably have an easier time finding the right package for his services.

Hoags wrote:
hemlock wrote:

We have a couple of natural centers who are playing wing right now, as do other teams. It happens a lot in the NHL.

As for fleecing ... it takes two to tango. There has to be a team out there that's desperate and that's pretty hard to find these days with the salary cap limiting possibilities.

We don't have much leverage as a seller so if Murray can't "fleece" anyone I wouldn't necessarily say it's his fault

It's why I don't like critiquing past trades, it's so easy to assume there were better offers and the GM just picked the worst one.

Generally speaking the trend post lockout seems to be that trade options are very limited so I am not expecting much at all. We don't have many options and other teams knows this which is why I don't expect a bidding war or anything like that.

Witness Burke's hilarious attempt over the summer to try and create a bidding war for Kaberle. Replace Kaberle with Kuba and it's the same thing.

Agreed with everyhting you said, but FIsher just isn't going to the wing. I don't know the reason, but it's been talked about for years, and it's clearly a great move on paper, but it's just never materialized. I think he'd be a whole lot more effective as a winger, as do a lot of people.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've always said that if Fisher doesn't like 2nd line wing, he can be the 3rd line C. Am I wrong?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:Agreed with everyhting you said, but FIsher just isn't going to the wing. I don't know the reason, but it's been talked about for years, and it's clearly a great move on paper, but it's just never materialized. I think he'd be a whole lot more effective as a winger, as do a lot of people.

I'm not a coach so someone who can translate for me would be appreciated but wingers have certain assignments that centers don't have and that's why he doesn't want to do it.

He does what he wants when he wants and no coach will tell him otherwise. I'm sure of it. Need I repost the transcript?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fisher has lots of term and money left on his contract (two more years, $4.2M per), and he has a NTC. He and Carrie are building a home in Ottawa. In order for him to want to waive his NTC, it would have to be to go somewhere of HIS choosing…there are always the Nashville rumours, but are they anything more than rumours? Does Nashville want him? Do they have the budget room (they are NOT a team willing to spend to the cap)?

Fisher is not a playoff rental, he is a guy that will take up a big portion of your cap for the foreseeable future, and his production isn’t necessarily worth the money he’s being paid. A lot of the teams heading into the playoffs would have a tough time justifying his cap hit for the next couple of years.

Plus, Murray will want pretty good return for Fisher. All this adds up to Fisher not being dealt anytime soon…unless, of course, he is willing to waive his NTC to go anywhere, but you get the impression he would like to stay in Ottawa.

I would like to see him traded for decent return, but I just don’t know if that’s possible this year.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:Agreed with everyhting you said, but FIsher just isn't going to the wing. I don't know the reason, but it's been talked about for years, and it's clearly a great move on paper, but it's just never materialized. I think he'd be a whole lot more effective as a winger, as do a lot of people.

I'm not a coach so someone who can translate for me would be appreciated but wingers have certain assignments that centers don't have and that's why he doesn't want to do it.

He does what he wants when he wants and no coach will tell him otherwise. I'm sure of it. Need I repost the transcript?

yes please

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Fisher has lots of term and money left on his contract (two more years, $4.2M per), and he has a NTC. He and Carrie are building a home in Ottawa. In order for him to want to waive his NTC, it would have to be to go somewhere of HIS choosing…there are always the Nashville rumours, but are they anything more than rumours? Does Nashville want him? Do they have the budget room (they are NOT a team willing to spend to the cap)?

Fisher is not a playoff rental, he is a guy that will take up a big portion of your cap for the foreseeable future, and his production isn’t necessarily worth the money he’s being paid. A lot of the teams heading into the playoffs would have a tough time justifying his cap hit for the next couple of years.

Plus, Murray will want pretty good return for Fisher. All this adds up to Fisher not being dealt anytime soon…unless, of course, he is willing to waive his NTC to go anywhere, but you get the impression he would like to stay in Ottawa.

I would like to see him traded for decent return, but I just don’t know if that’s possible this year.

Our good friend Eck!und is saying that he's probably off to LA ... E3 ...!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum