GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+30
22_4_ever
Straight Shooter
Sens4thecup
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Flo The Action
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
dawg's wife
CockRoche
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:Because I am bored...

A couple of posts from HB...

- Spezza to the Kings.... believes OTT could get a lot more out of LA than they think. Schenn, please!

- Gonchar to SJ... if we can move Sergei then do it! Though, Ek erroneously says Gonchar has two years left at "4".
If only...

That Spezza one sounds like a recent SensChirp tweet...

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Well Ek probably scours the internet and recycles rumours... probably should read more like absolutely.

I don't get the trade Spezza talk all the time. He's a young guy and still could be a huge player for this team for years to come. Hardly a rebuild when you trade a guy who's only 26.

Anyone over 30 should be mentioned, except Aflredsson because A) he doesn't want to leave, and B) he's the captain. Until that changes, he shouldn't be mentioned.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fisher added to the untouchables?

Yeah. For 29 other GMs. They certainly won't touch him. Dancing

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Because I am bored...

A couple of posts from HB...

- Spezza to the Kings.... believes OTT could get a lot more out of LA than they think. Schenn, please!

- Gonchar to SJ... if we can move Sergei then do it! Though, Ek erroneously says Gonchar has two years left at "4".

If there is any dealing with SJ -- then they overpay and take Sens salary dump -- Kuba. It would be payback time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:We need a poll: Was Roarke the Devil or an Angel? I know that Roddy McDowell played Mephistoles in one episode, but I think that may have been just PR. The real Devil was Roarke!

Before you decide, ask yourself, is there anything more heavenly than rich Corinthian leather?

Are you suggesting that he sold his soul for a Cordoba? In that case he's not the Devil but a minion.

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 800_1976ChryslerCordobaSportCoupe

OMG, I can't believe we used to think this was stylish. Facepalm

Used to?

SSF, if your age is correct, you would have been 4 years old when that car was made. For you it's retro. For some of us it's personal history.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:The plan boss!!! The plan!!!!

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 VARIOUS-1970S-001

There hasn't been a Hollywood remake of this, yet. I'm afraid the younger members won't get that.

Fantasy Island FTW

Yeah, but you're 60!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:We need a poll: Was Roarke the Devil or an Angel? I know that Roddy McDowell played Mephistoles in one episode, but I think that may have been just PR. The real Devil was Roarke!

Before you decide, ask yourself, is there anything more heavenly than rich Corinthian leather?

Are you suggesting that he sold his soul for a Cordoba? In that case he's not the Devil but a minion.

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 800_1976ChryslerCordobaSportCoupe

Used to?

SSF, if your age is correct, you would have been 4 years old when that car was made. For you it's retro. For some of us it's personal history.

My first car, in 1993, was a 1978 Mustang so those stylez are personal history for me too.

I also recently owned a 1979 Lincoln Mark V.

Not mine, but just to compare:

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 410

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mine was a 1979 Chevelle Malibu Classic. 2-door, captain's seats (they didn't recline but swiveled -- you could park on a bridge and go fishing while still sitting in your seats Smile ) The guy I bought it from was a mechanic and jack-of-all-trades, and I had him install this really high-pile shag carpet to replace the original. Long trips you just take your shoes and socks off and enjoy (too bad there was no cruise control back in those days).

Ah, the memories.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Mine was a 1979 Chevelle Malibu Classic. 2-door, captain's seats (they didn't recline but swiveled -- you could park on a bridge and go fishing while still sitting in your seats Smile ) The guy I bought it from was a mechanic and jack-of-all-trades, and I had him install this really high-pile shag carpet to replace the original. Long trips you just take your shoes and socks off and enjoy (too bad there was no cruise control back in those days).

Ah, the memories.

OMG!! What a feature! Laugh1 Can't say I ever saw that one before.

BTW, the plastic-toothed leaf rakes of today were introduced to rake shag. True story.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:The plan boss!!! The plan!!!!

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 VARIOUS-1970S-001

There hasn't been a Hollywood remake of this, yet. I'm afraid the younger members won't get that.

Fantasy Island FTW

Yeah, but you're 60!

Right...60 Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Used to?

My first car, in 1993, was a 1978 Mustang so those stylez are personal history for me too.

I also recently owned a 1979 Lincoln Mark V.

Not mine, but just to compare:

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 410

Recently owned? What happened to it? Did you give up pimpin'?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:Recently owned? What happened to it? Did you give up pimpin'?

Not recently enough. Damn I miss that car!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does the quiet mean there are deals in the works? :crossarms:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Does the quiet mean there are deals in the works? :crossarms:

For sure. Let me remind you what the Gene had to say:

When asked if he expected his team to be active leading up to the deadline, Melnyk replied, "Absolutely. Not a question about it."

He said it so it's true.

Sincerely,

Steve Lloyd
Team1200

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nothing new here, just fresh confirmation of the teams position going into the trade deadline:

"I'm open for business, yes, you can get that word out if you want," Sens GM Bryan Murray told us, his sense of humor still intact.

"We now know where we are," Murray added in a serious tone, referring to the team's 13th-place standing in the Eastern Conference at the All-Star break, 15 points out of the last playoff spot. "As disappointed as we may be, we have to do something to rectify it."

Prefacing a question by saying I assumed the likes of All-Star youngster Erik Karlsson and top center Jason Spezza (no-movement clause) weren't going anywhere, I asked him how many untouchables he had.

"Yes, there's a couple of guys we wouldn't move," Murray said. "Certainly Alfie [captain Daniel Alfredsson] is another one we wouldn't move. I talked to [owner] Eugene [Melnyk] about that. We're not doing anything there. But other than that, we're open to many things."

The most obvious movable name is veteran blueliner Chris Phillips, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1. He's a perfect rental for a contender, a smart player who would help any good team. There are so many clubs looking for help along the blue line, including San Jose, Chicago, Montreal and Boston, among others.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/3921/nhl-trade-deadline-were-one-month-away

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can we get some rumours here please, I need help! I'm gonna go to HB for my fix soon. Ohnoes!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Rumour I read on hockeybuzz (from one of the commenters)-- yeah I know..

Semin to SJ for Pavelski -- who is then flipped to Ottawa for Gonchar.

Can't see that happening at all.. but would you do it if it was an option?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Kevin Allen, said, on a podcast on Hockeybuzz, that the Sens should have gone to Stevie Y a year ago and asked him to come onboard as a GM in waiting and that we should seriously consider Brendan Shanahan for the post. Considering Shany's rising stock as an NHL exec, I wonder what you guys think about him. I don't recall his name coming up in the speculation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum