GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 37 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 58]

241Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:25 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

But plenty of patients.

242Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Karlsson is the top-pairing rightie.  Ceci had no chance of playing top-pairing except (perhaps) on power plays.

Hence the part where I said Ceci would be playing on the 2nd pairing.

243Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Karlsson is the top-pairing rightie.  Ceci had no chance of playing top-pairing except (perhaps) on power plays.

Hence the part where I said Ceci would be playing on the 2nd pairing.

You'll have to excuse Walter. He's old.

244Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, you said he'd be a pretty good 1st pairing guy and I stopped reading there. You can't say he'd be a good 1st pairing guy playing on the second pairing. He'd be a very good (great?) 2nd pairing guy. You have no idea how he'd fare against top lines.

245Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Hey, you said he'd be a pretty good 1st pairing guy and I stopped reading there.  You can't say he'd be a good 1st pairing guy playing on the second pairing.  He'd be a very good (great?) 2nd pairing guy.  You have no idea how he'd fare against top lines.

Except I did.

246Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And I can say the windchill factor is a lie like fancy stats and would be just as wrong.

247Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:And I can say the windchill factor is a lie like fancy stats and would be just as wrong.

It would be except Ceci is apparently like Lidstrom so it's pretty easy to assume he would be 1st pairing material.

248Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sometimes I wish the world could see the conversations we have here. Oh wait, they can.

249Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:And I can say the windchill factor is a lie like fancy stats and would be just as wrong.

It would be except Ceci is apparently like Lidstrom so it's pretty easy to assume he would be 1st pairing material.

If Lidstrom was a rightie and played with Erik Karlsson, would Stone still have the hockey IQ of Daniel Alfredsson?

250Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I agree. Don't trade Cowen. With Wiercioch you know what you're going to get. With Cowen we're not quite sure but he's younger with a much higher ceiling.

So you hold on to him in hopes that he turns into something he has really has never shown at the NHL level or you can trade him for a huge piece of a Stanley Cup puzzle and hope he doesn't turn into what he has never shown at the NHL level?

It's a gamble if you trade Cowen that would probably be offset by the return anyways, people expect to get something for nothing ie Greening, Condra, Wiercioch, w/e. Wiercioch can fill in just fine for Cowen, their individual plays are very similar in terms of how well they are actually playing.

251Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A few things about Cowen scare me a bit:

1. Is he injury prone?  He's had serious (season ending) knee surgery and a serious (also season ending, pretty much) hip surgery.  At best he's missed close to 2 years of his development (yet is getting paid like someone with 4 years under their belt, and 4 years closer to UFA status); at worst he could be injury prone.

2. For a big guy he gets hit a lot, and doesn't hit back nearly as much. I cringe a lot when this happens because as we all know he's missed two seasons (out of 4) to major injuries.

3. He held out. After having one good season and another one spent on the IR he held out. And then followed up with a horrible season on both sides of the ice. He is definitely getting paid more than he is worth right now and for younger players you need that to be the reverse.

252Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd hold onto Cowen for now unless he can be parlayed into a top 15 pick or a package for top line winger.

Otherwise the off season is fine for moving him.

Boro is as good. I don't feel like I'm hyperboling there.

253Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I'd hold onto Cowen for now unless he can be parlayed into a top 15 pick or a package for top line winger.

Boro is as good.  I don't feel like I'm hyperboling there.

I've been critical of young Cowen but I would sooner be patient with him than roll the dice on a Top 15 pick. In a package for something real for sure. But otherwise I suggest patience, friend. Patience.

254Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Well, you never know.  Teams might be looking at moving someone who has fallen out of favour with their organization for a D man that can help now and will into the future.  I think you are right about the summer but I wouldn't be shocked to see something put together like it was for Bobby Ryan 2 years ago.

Cowen is probably the best bargaining chip the Sens have and Colorado is losing ROR along with needing some young, physical D men.  There rumours about ROR are out there with the Sens and it's a very similar situation to what was going on with Bobby Ryan.

To Buffalo?

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2015/2/20/mckenzie-sabres-murray-will-try-everything-within-his-power-to-land-avalanche-oreilly

255Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I don't get the fascination with ROR. To me he seems like another Turris maybe slightly better, but he definitely doesn't come across as a first line centre to me.

256Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I'd hold onto Cowen for now unless he can be parlayed into a top 15 pick or a package for top line winger.

Boro is as good.  I don't feel like I'm hyperboling there.

I've been critical of young Cowen but I would sooner be patient with him than roll the dice on a Top 15 pick. In a package for something real for sure. But otherwise I suggest patience, friend. Patience.

I agree normally, but a top 15 pick in this draft is a top 10 pick any other year, maybe even better depending on who you listen to. If there was a draft to do it, it would be this one.

257Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:I don't get the fascination with ROR. To me he seems like another Turris maybe slightly better, but he definitely doesn't come across as a first line centre to me.  

Hard to say though, 24 years old, already has had a 64 point season and 28 goals, but the real shine to this player is the fact that he's already basically operating at a Selke rate with the amount of turnovers he creates, the 200 foot play etc. It'd be like having another Mark Stone, but perhaps with more skill. It's a player to look at in a big way, I get why Buffalo wants him so bad, but then again, why would they take a chance on a pending UFA. Strange scenario.

258Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 17 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like Tim Murray is going hard on ROR though according to Bobby Mac.
We can't compete with all those assets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 37 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum