GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 58]

226Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:26 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
my preferred attitude would be to keep Cowen. he's the one out of all those that has the highest ceiling IMO and also the one that is best playing that position out of all the options we have.

I'm not so sure any more. I've said before I'd prefer not to move him, but he's likely to also have the highest return. I think the difference between Wiercioch and Cowen is less than the difference between what we would get in exchange, if that makes sense. Now, Wiercioch sure's not rough, and that likely means moving Borowiecki up to the 2nd pairing. So interim Methot-Karlsson, Boro-Ceci, Wier-Gryba. A tough player and an offensive player on each pairing. Chris Nilan would approve (he was talking about that on TSN690 last night).

227Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
my preferred attitude would be to keep Cowen. he's the one out of all those that has the highest ceiling IMO and also the one that is best playing that position out of all the options we have.

I'm not so sure any more.  I've said before I'd prefer not to move him, but he's likely to also have the highest return.  I think the difference between Wiercioch and Cowen is less than the difference between what we would get in exchange, if that makes sense.  Now, Wiercioch sure's not  rough, and that likely means moving Borowiecki up to the 2nd pairing.  So interim Methot-Karlsson,  Boro-Ceci, Wier-Gryba.  A tough player and an offensive player on each pairing.  Chris Nilan would approve (he was talking about that on TSN690 last night).
i wouldn't put too much stock in his evaluations.

the thing i see is that cowen might be suited to play with karlsson a few years from now while methot might be better suited for the second paring by then.  i see a huge difference in what cowen and weir could become. i'm not a fan of trading cowen. i'm gonna go on the record and say it. Not a fan. we will regret it.

228Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Wiercoich, Cowen, Claeson, Borowiecki, Englund, Harpur, they all have 1 things in common. Right now none of them are top 4 NHL d men.  People value potential way too much vs a sure thing.

All true except the part where you left Ceci off your list of non-Top 4-NHL d men.

Ceci is on the right side, and we're set there.  It's the left side where we have issues.

How are we set on the right side when you have Ceci, an AHLer, on the right side in your Top 4?

229Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Wiercoich, Cowen, Claeson, Borowiecki, Englund, Harpur, they all have 1 things in common. Right now none of them are top 4 NHL d men.  People value potential way too much vs a sure thing.

All true except the part where you left Ceci off your list of non-Top 4-NHL d men.

Ceci is on the right side, and we're set there.  It's the left side where we have issues.

How are we set on the right side when you have Ceci, an AHLer, on the right side in your Top 4?

Oh quiet down you crusty old fart.

230Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:55 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

If only he were 35 years old, then he'd be a top 4 Dman, no doubt.

231Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:03 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Oh quiet down you crusty old fart.

232Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'm not so sure any more.  I've said before I'd prefer not to move him, but he's likely to also have the highest return.  I think the difference between Wiercioch and Cowen is less than the difference between what we would get in exchange, if that makes sense.  Now, Wiercioch sure's not  rough, and that likely means moving Borowiecki up to the 2nd pairing.  So interim Methot-Karlsson,  Boro-Ceci, Wier-Gryba.  A tough player and an offensive player on each pairing.  Chris Nilan would approve (he was talking about that on TSN690 last night).

the thing i see is that cowen might be suited to play with karlsson a few years from now while methot might be better suited for the second paring by then.  i see a huge difference in what cowen and weir could become. i'm not a fan of trading cowen. i'm gonna go on the record and say it. Not a fan. we will regret it.

I dare you to say that to his face.

233Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree. Don't trade Cowen. With Wiercioch you know what you're going to get. With Cowen we're not quite sure but he's younger with a much higher ceiling.

234Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

I dare you to say that to his face.
luckily i don't have to. but clearly the guy isn't exactly a guy you''d want making hockey decisions for your team. he's more like the class clown, sitting at the back, making people laugh...

235Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

No, but with patience, developing in the AHL where he belongs, we can patiently wait for that day to come. Patience, friend. Patience.

236Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Ceci is playing like a pretty good 2nd pairing guy.

Ottawa is -1 in goal differential, San Jose is -4. Pretty close. More importantly, they are very close in ES goals for (112 vs. 113). Judging by TOI per game their second pairing guys would be Braun and Dillon -- they are +3/-12, respectively. Ceci is -6, Cowen is -13.

Braun has 20 points, Ceci has 17 (Dillon has 9).

So, comparable team in ES goals and differential, and he'd fit right in on that 2nd pairing.

237Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Crusty farts? Ewww!

238Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Ceci is playing like a pretty good 2nd pairing guy.

Ottawa is -1 in goal differential, San Jose is -4.  Pretty close.  More importantly, they are very close in ES goals for (112 vs. 113).  Judging by TOI per game their second pairing guys would be Braun and Dillon -- they are +3/-12, respectively.  Ceci is -6, Cowen is -13.  

Braun has 20 points, Ceci has 17 (Dillon has 9).

So, comparable team in ES goals and differential, and he'd fit right in on that 2nd pairing.  

I think Ceci could have been a pretty good 1st pairing guy playing on our 2nd pairing if patience was exercised and he had spent the current and previous season in the AHL.

239Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson is the top-pairing rightie. Ceci had no chance of playing top-pairing except (perhaps) on power plays.

240Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not enough patience I suppose.

241Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But plenty of patients.

242Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Karlsson is the top-pairing rightie.  Ceci had no chance of playing top-pairing except (perhaps) on power plays.

Hence the part where I said Ceci would be playing on the 2nd pairing.

243Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Karlsson is the top-pairing rightie.  Ceci had no chance of playing top-pairing except (perhaps) on power plays.

Hence the part where I said Ceci would be playing on the 2nd pairing.

You'll have to excuse Walter. He's old.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum