GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 33 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 58]

121Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:05 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ken Warren doesn't know Dung. The guy gets plastered on every road trip.

Legwand won't be moved.

122Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why won't Legwand be moved?

Apparently the Bs are trying to get rid of Seidenberg and Eriksson as a cap-saving measure.

Seidenberg is a LD, but I don't think he's a significant enough upgrade on what we have already.

123Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:27 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Why won't Legwand be moved?

Apparently the Bs are trying to get rid of Seidenberg and Eriksson as a cap-saving measure.

Seidenberg is a LD, but I don't think he's a significant enough upgrade on what we have already.

I really dig that Eriksson fella.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

124Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:38 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I really dig that Eriksson fella.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

Y'know, he's got 31 points and is only $4.5M next year ($4.25M cap hit), and is a LW, so all that is very reasonable. And he's only 28. If Boston wants to dump him, then you'd think the pricetag would be low. If our LWs going into next season were MacArthur, Hoffman, Michalek, and Eriksson, that's not terrible, especially if Michalek's play keeps up.

125Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Ken Warren doesn't know Dung. The guy gets plastered on every road trip.

Legwand won't be moved.

I think Legwand will be moved either at this dudline or off-season. No pressing need for him on this team as he has turned out to be molasses slow and not that effective.

126Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll take Eriksson in a semi-soft deal, but Seidenberg...man, I loved that guy as a player for a long time, but I think the years are catching up to him in a big way. Pass.

127Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:Ken Warren doesn't know Dung. The guy gets plastered on every road trip.

Legwand won't be moved.

I think Legwand will be moved either at this dudline or off-season. No pressing need for him on this team as he has turned out to be molasses slow and not that effective.

Meh. I feel like Legwand's been alright especially given his limited role (14 minutes/game)...he's averaging about 4 minutes less per game compared to what he had in Nashville. Also, his linemates have been of...questionable offensive skill....

128Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Legwand won't be moved.

I think Legwand will be moved either at this dudline or off-season.  No pressing need for him on this team as he has turned out to be molasses slow and not that effective.

Meh.  I feel like Legwand's been alright especially given his limited role (14 minutes/game)...he's averaging about 4 minutes less per game compared to what he had in Nashville.  Also, his linemates have been of...questionable offensive skill....

Correct. There will be plenty of takers at the deadline.

129Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was all Jim Matheston thinking out loud. I doubt Boston moves Chara, but he thinks there's a time and place for them to.

130Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In Chara's case, the Bs would be wise to get what they could, but it's also tough because they view themselves as contenders still (I think), so trading your Captain and cornerstone D-man is a big deal. It doesn't seem like this is a legit rumour as much as just this "Jim Matheson" fellow thinking out loud (or in print).

131Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that's why I erased the quote, it's not legit at all.

132Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Moving Chara makes a ton of sense...they probably should have done it a year ago in hindsight.

133Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Moving Chara makes a ton of sense...they probably should have done it a year ago in hindsight.

Best time would have been right after the Cup. But they thought they could win one or two more with him. Imagine what they could have gotten for him back then.

Thing is, teams don't trade players like that. They just let them go to free agency without even making an offer. Facepalm

134Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Never, ever forgive Muckler for that. Idiot.

That and trading Hossa for Heatley - which looked decent when Heatley was killing it with Spezza, but damn....

135Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Never, ever forgive Muckler for that.  Idiot.

That and trading Hossa for Heatley - which looked decent when Heatley was killing it with Spezza, but damn....

He decided it was time to get younger and be patient. Patience, friend. Patience.

136Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:27 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It was all because of salary cap and you all know it.

137Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:

It was all because of salary cap and you all know it.

yeah, because we didn't know how to manage the cap properly. In this day and age, you have an army of people to tell you where to cut some money. Diddle, I would have traded a ton of people before I let Chara walk and I would have made better decisions way before I traded Hossa.

The only hindsight is we didn't get creative IMO.

138Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Winnik?

Yes. And Bergenheim too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 33 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum