GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 58]

211Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:42 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The potential is there. Everyone knows he's available, trading Cowen in that deal is more than 1/2 the cap hit right off the hop. You might even be able to throw Legwand in to replace O'Reilly short term for the Avs and take on more of the money... Then it will come down to giving up a guy like Peumpel in that same deal and maybe an additional draft pick.

If you could go ROR for Cowen, Legwand, Peumpel/Prince, and a 2nd in 2016, I think that works for both teams both short and long term. You need to have some assurance that ROR would resign though.

If the Sens get an ROR via trade then they are well on their way to contending.

212Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:10 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That would be great if we could land ROR.  

Bobby Ryan, and Ryan O'Reilly. Bobby/O'Reilly. Baba O'Riley could be their goal song.

213Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You could call it the O' Ry Ry line. Smile

214Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You could call it the O' Ry Ry line. Smile

LET'S DO IT!!!!

215Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Elliotte Friedman seems to think Glencrosse is headed to Chicago.

216Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:39 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nice move... maybe even for Chicago's 1st this year which is probably going to end up being 27th-30th as per usual.

217Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:The potential is there.  Everyone knows he's available, trading Cowen in that deal is more than 1/2 the cap hit right off the hop.  You might even be able to throw Legwand in to replace O'Reilly short term for the Avs and take on more of the money... Then it will come down to giving up a guy like Peumpel in that same deal and maybe an additional draft pick.

If you could go ROR for Cowen, Legwand, Peumpel/Prince, and a 2nd in 2016, I think that works for both teams both short and long term.  You need to have some assurance that ROR would resign though.

I was shaking my head up until you mentioned resigned. i don't think he's allowed to talk contract till the summer(july 1st?) so any deal will be passed this draft which is good for us.
i could live with that trade. i'm not sure which of the two (pumpel/prince) i'd rather part with. I don't want to think about who got drafted higher so i'd rather evaluate their performance up here with whatever is left of the season.

that said, who can really step in a replace Cowen? i'm not buying weircoch can do it.

that said i would try to make any move to make it work that doesn't involve cowen. I see him getting much better within the next 2 years. we are going to regret it.

besides, i hate to say it but Buffalo will beat us with a better package. the only way we might have the upper hand if ROR won't resign in Buffalo. but if it's to play with mcdavid he'd be nuts not to.

218Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Nice move... maybe even for Chicago's 1st this year which is probably going to end up being 27th-30th as per usual.
last chance to make it 3 cups before they split that team apart. kane and teows salary are making it hard for chicago to contend going forward. i could see kane getting moved 2-3-4 years into the future. depending on who they eventually have to resign.

219Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:47 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:The potential is there.  Everyone knows he's available, trading Cowen in that deal is more than 1/2 the cap hit right off the hop.  You might even be able to throw Legwand in to replace O'Reilly short term for the Avs and take on more of the money... Then it will come down to giving up a guy like Peumpel in that same deal and maybe an additional draft pick.

If you could go ROR for Cowen, Legwand, Peumpel/Prince, and a 2nd in 2016, I think that works for both teams both short and long term.  You need to have some assurance that ROR would resign though.

I was shaking my head up until you mentioned resigned. i don't think he's allowed to talk contract till the summer(july 1st?) so any deal will be passed this draft which is good for us.
i could live with that trade. i'm not sure which of the two (pumpel/prince) i'd rather part with. I don't want to think about who got drafted higher so i'd rather evaluate their performance up here with whatever is left of the season.

that said, who can really step in a replace Cowen? i'm not buying weircoch can do it.

that said i would try to make any move to make it work that doesn't involve cowen. I see him getting much better within the next 2 years. we are going to regret it.

besides, i hate to say it but Buffalo will beat us with a better package. the only way we might have the upper hand if ROR won't resign in Buffalo. but if it's to play with mcdavid he'd be nuts not to.

Who can replace what Cowen is or what everyone begs and prays he might become?  There are a lot of guys that can play beside Ceci and succeed... a lot.  Cowen on a decent team is a 5, 6 at best in the NHL right now, that is not hard to replace.  The only gamble in moving Cowen is if he becomes a legit top 2, shut down D man and he very well might.

Wiercoich, Cowen, Claeson, Borowiecki, Englund, Harpur, they all have 1 things in common. Right now none of them are top 4 NHL d men. People value potential way too much vs a sure thing.

220Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Wiercoich, Cowen, Claeson, Borowiecki, Englund, Harpur, they all have 1 things in common. Right now none of them are top 4 NHL d men.  People value potential way too much vs a sure thing.

All true except the part where you left Ceci off your list of non-Top 4-NHL d men.

221Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Who can replace what Cowen is or what everyone begs and prays he might become?  There are a lot of guys that can play beside Ceci and succeed... a lot.  Cowen on a decent team is a 5, 6 at best in the NHL right now, that is not hard to replace.  The only gamble in moving Cowen is if he becomes a legit top 2, shut down D man and he very well might.

Wiercoich, Cowen, Claeson, Borowiecki, Englund, Harpur, they all have 1 things in common. Right now none of them are top 4 NHL d men.  People value potential way too much vs a sure thing.
my preferred attitude would be to keep Cowen. he's the one out of all those that has the highest ceiling IMO and also the one that is best playing that position out of all the options we have.

222Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Elliotte Friedman seems to think Glencrosse is headed to Chicago.

I see what you did there ...

and I approve. Clapping

223Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Elliotte Friedman seems to think Glencrosse is headed to Chicago.

I see what you did there ...

and I approve. Clapping

Thanke you!

224Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Of those above Borowiecki and Emglund play with an edge. I'd love it if Cowen or Harpur had a mean streak because they've certainly got size and skate well. Englund is all hearsay, and of course I'd like to see him play in Bingo first, but from what I read he's going to be a very good pick for us.

225Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

All true except the part where you left Ceci off your list of non-Top 4-NHL d men.

Ceci is on the right side, and we're set there. It's the left side where we have issues.

226Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
my preferred attitude would be to keep Cowen. he's the one out of all those that has the highest ceiling IMO and also the one that is best playing that position out of all the options we have.

I'm not so sure any more. I've said before I'd prefer not to move him, but he's likely to also have the highest return. I think the difference between Wiercioch and Cowen is less than the difference between what we would get in exchange, if that makes sense. Now, Wiercioch sure's not rough, and that likely means moving Borowiecki up to the 2nd pairing. So interim Methot-Karlsson, Boro-Ceci, Wier-Gryba. A tough player and an offensive player on each pairing. Chris Nilan would approve (he was talking about that on TSN690 last night).

227Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I'm not so sure any more.  I've said before I'd prefer not to move him, but he's likely to also have the highest return.  I think the difference between Wiercioch and Cowen is less than the difference between what we would get in exchange, if that makes sense.  Now, Wiercioch sure's not  rough, and that likely means moving Borowiecki up to the 2nd pairing.  So interim Methot-Karlsson,  Boro-Ceci, Wier-Gryba.  A tough player and an offensive player on each pairing.  Chris Nilan would approve (he was talking about that on TSN690 last night).
i wouldn't put too much stock in his evaluations.

the thing i see is that cowen might be suited to play with karlsson a few years from now while methot might be better suited for the second paring by then.  i see a huge difference in what cowen and weir could become. i'm not a fan of trading cowen. i'm gonna go on the record and say it. Not a fan. we will regret it.

228Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Ceci is on the right side, and we're set there.  It's the left side where we have issues.

How are we set on the right side when you have Ceci, an AHLer, on the right side in your Top 4?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum