GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 58]

436Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I think with the right off season moves - ie bring in boychuk or sekera plus kick the tires on a winger, the Sens should be in the hunt for the wild card.  I see little reason why not, this was a year of the rookies and youth getting their feet wet, next year things should be a lot smoother IMO.  
After paying Methot they won't be bringing in any defenceman.  I could see them trying to get a winger but it would be a money in money out kind of deal.  

Yeah, with Methot in the fold they've solved the top-pairing problem that cost them the playoffs this year. That said, it depends on who they move. I am beginning to disagree with this but if they move Wiercioch they feel they are good to go with Cowen-Ceci as the middle pairing. If they end up trading Cowen then they might try Boro in the middle, because I don't think they feel Wiercioch (who is leading most of the possession stats on the team) is good enough. They could also look at bringing up Claesson and then there's good ol' Wik.

But there's a small possibility (especially if they end up moving more than one D) that they will look for a free agent signing.

437Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:40 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We're not in a position to have Lehner have a sub par year next year though IMO.  It all depends on what the offers for Anderson,but next year Ottawa will be expected to make the playoffs, I think.  We've shown a lot of improvement and depending on what Murray does in the off-season with acquiring a sniper and perhaps another top 4 D-man we should be in the mix for a wild card at least.  

Why not?  You think we are contending for a Cup next year or you think he could be so bad that we would miss the playoffs again?  Top-pairing is set, clearing out used-up vets and young guys coming along nicely.  If trading Anderson upgrades our top six or top two pairing I think we would make the playoffs even if Lehner doesn't play like Georges Vezina.

I think with the right off season moves - ie bring in boychuk or sekera plus kick the tires on a winger, the Sens should be in the hunt for the wild card.  I see little reason why not, this was a year of the rookies and youth getting their feet wet, next year things should be a lot smoother IMO.  
After paying Methot they won't be bringing in any defenceman.  I could see them trying to get a winger but it would be a money in money out kind of deal.  

I think it's possible they deal Cowen and sign one of those guys.   Possible...

But yes, a big time winger would be top of agenda I would guess.  
if and its a big if, they go after a winger then it will be something like MacArthur, Cowen and a 1st or a goalie going out.  

Not MacArthur IMO. Cowen, 1st and something, but with Mac you have a solid top 9 player who at least brings it nightly. Cowen and Anderson are candidates, I'll admit.

Legwand and Wiercioch too. Out with the deadish weight.

Mind you I love Anderson and like Cowen, but you know what I mean.

438Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's out cap at for next year without looking at the rfas? I can't do it right now, anyone know? Around 60 id guess.

439Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We're not in a position to have Lehner have a sub par year next year though IMO.  It all depends on what the offers for Anderson,but next year Ottawa will be expected to make the playoffs, I think.  We've shown a lot of improvement and depending on what Murray does in the off-season with acquiring a sniper and perhaps another top 4 D-man we should be in the mix for a wild card at least.  

Why not?  You think we are contending for a Cup next year or you think he could be so bad that we would miss the playoffs again?  Top-pairing is set, clearing out used-up vets and young guys coming along nicely.  If trading Anderson upgrades our top six or top two pairing I think we would make the playoffs even if Lehner doesn't play like Georges Vezina.

I think it's possible they deal Cowen and sign one of those guys.   Possible...

But yes, a big time winger would be top of agenda I would guess.  
if and its a big if, they go after a winger then it will be something like MacArthur, Cowen and a 1st or a goalie going out.  

Not MacArthur IMO.  Cowen, 1st and something, but with Mac you have a solid top 9 player who at least brings it nightly.  Cowen and Anderson are candidates, I'll admit.  

Legwand and Wiercioch too.  Out with the deadish weight.

Mind you I love Anderson and like Cowen, but you know what I mean.  
Follow the money.

440Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:What's out cap at for next year without looking at the rfas?  I can't do it right now, anyone know?  Around 60 id guess.  

Current payroll is 60M without Zibanejad Hoffman Pageau Stone and Chiasson.

441Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We could legitimately be nestled up against the cap lol.

442Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nestling almost implies a comfortable, loving relationship. Doesn't sound like Melnyk and Cap.

443Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:We could legitimately be nestled up against the cap lol.
cap hit is higher. Sens love the escalating salaries. For every player they sign that amount has to go out.

444Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We could legitimately be nestled up against the cap lol.
cap hit is higher.  Sens love the escalating salaries.  For every player they sign that amount has to go out.  

Youre assuming this is true. This is not a fact.

445Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gonna be expensive for Vermette. Same deal as sekera I would imagine. 1st + b prospect.

446Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow with all the moves happening there won't be much left to trade by the deadline.

447Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:16 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Wow with all the moves happening there won't be much left to trade by the deadline.

At least we know The Sens are done Smile

448Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah...and I booked the day off. Oh well, at least I won't be at work!

449Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah...and I booked the day off.  Oh well, at least I won't be at work!

That's all that really matters.

450Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Wow with all the moves happening there won't be much left to trade by the deadline.

I think it'll be a bust, but...now come some interesting players on the block.

Bozak, Lupul, Phaneuf, Kessel, Legwand, Glencross, Cole, Coburn, Zuccarello, Green, Wisniewski, Wiercioch/Cowen, Petry, Stewart, Hodgson (lol), Kassian.

Lots of moving pieces still in play.

451Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

I think it'll be a bust, but...now come some interesting players on the block.

Bozak, Lupul, Phaneuf, Kessel, Legwand, Glencross, Cole, Coburn, Zuccarello, Green, Wisniewski, Wiercioch/Cowen, Petry, Stewart, Hodgson (lol), Kassian.

Lots of moving pieces still in play.

Faith....RESTORED! Thanks, SpezD!

452Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously though, at the very least you have Vermette, Glencross, Wisniewski, Petry, Stewart - and that's not even counting the Leafs guys, so unless they go hog wild before Monday, it'll be interesting.

453Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 30 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Seriously though, at the very least you have Vermette, Glencross, Wisniewski, Petry, Stewart - and that's not even counting the Leafs guys, so unless they go hog wild before Monday, it'll be interesting.

Plus there will be surely be players who haven't been mentioned that will get moved. Heck, if a franchise player like "DSP" can get traded, anything can happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum