GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Wings @ Sens@ Capitals - Right &^%&% NOW!

+5
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Also, Karlsson better be coached hard because this season he's one of the worst turnover machine in the entire league.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's been bad this year, period. At least relative to what he can do.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson had a couple brain farts on the PP.

Ceci is awesome. A real good all around d-man.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Should we take bets on how high we will pick in this Draft?  

10th +/- 2. Unless we actually win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson had a couple brain farts on the PP.

Ceci is awesome.  A real good all around d-man.

I couldn't watch last night (both TVs occupied and fine app only had CBC from Toronto so it was blacked out) and this morning I deleted the recording. But I'd read that Ceci was at fault on the tying goal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Last 2 games is pretty much the reason why we deserve a top 5 pick

Why's that? They outplayed the wings. The winner was just a fluke.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol at the talk of nyquists goal being goal of the year. They played it perfectly keeping him to the outside. One little error at the end letting him get the chance. Babcock probably isn't nappy he was being a huge puck hog

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Also, Karlsson better be coached hard because this season he's one of the worst turnover machine in the entire league.

Karlsson fired the last coach that tried to coach him hard.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Last 2 games is pretty much the reason why we deserve a top 5 pick

Because we outplay everyone but can't win. Not enough skill

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

Far different from saying we deserve a top 5 pick. We have enough skill, it's just young skill.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not enough skill at this moment. Either the young guys will develop more skill, or we bring in some hired guns.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

Far different from saying we deserve a top 5 pick. We have enough skill, it's just young skill.

Be deserving I mean we are not like Edmonton whose players just don't care enough or are just losers.
We've lost about 1 million 1 goal games this year and not even once have I questionned the work ethic.
Yes we have young skill but we need a game breaker pretty bad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

True, I don't think we deserve the top 5 pick because we're better than that but I wouldn't mind it

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

Be deserving I mean we are not like Edmonton whose players just don't care enough or are just losers.
We've lost about 1 million 1 goal games this year and not even once have I questionned the work ethic.
Yes we have young skill but we need a game breaker pretty bad.

For everyone sucking the wang of murray and his scouts, they haven't picked a game breaker other than Karlsson in their tenure. That's on them.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we have quite a bit of skill the problem is that it's still unexperienced and we need some early 30's on ice leading vet experience to guide it trough for the next few years. I'm repeating myself but a guy like Williams would be key. A guy that shows up big at the right moments. That won't happen so Murray has to make that happen via trade.
Our top needs are a #2 D-man and a top 6 forward who shows better than Legwand.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looking back over Murray's drafts, who were the players available at the time the Sens made their pick who turned out to be game breakers? And I don't mean anyone outside of the first round, because have breakers found in later found are lucky picks.

I'd say trading the first round pick for Rundblad can be considered a mistake as the clearly did not think anyone worthwhile was available. But 16th overall is close to a lucky pick, too.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Looking back over Murray's drafts, who were the players available at the time the Sens made their pick who turned out to be game breakers?  And I don't mean anyone outside of the first round, because have breakers found in later found are lucky picks.

I'd say trading the first round pick for Rundblad can be considered a mistake as the clearly did not think anyone worthwhile was available.  But 16th overall is close to a lucky pick, too.

Tarasenko had top 5 skill but at the time Russians were shunned by half the league

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And you might as well ignore 2007 because Murray took over for Muckler in June.

In 2008 they picked Karlsson at #15. Not even bothering to look to see if anyone more game-breaking was picked at 16 or higher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum