GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Capitals @ Sens - Saturday, Apr 4th, 7:00pm

+7
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Ev
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So another must-win, especially with the Bs playing the Leafs. Hammond is going to have to be pretty sharp against OV and the rest of the Caps. I'm guessing we don't see any lineup changes from Thursday.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT: Capitals @ Sens - Saturday, Apr 4th, 7:00pm 824034342

NEELY

Mod
Mod

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/04/03/wiercioch-is-the-best-deal-never-made?token=d1c3e1b503429be926c415317e3d79fa

This is a good article on a good player. Funny he's being asked to play against the top lines sometimes and no one really mentions it, just people saying he's not a top 4 d man or doesn't do enough well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/04/03/wiercioch-is-the-best-deal-never-made?token=d1c3e1b503429be926c415317e3d79fa

This is a good article on a good player.  Funny he's being asked to play against the top lines sometimes and no one really mentions it, just people saying he's not a top 4 d man or doesn't do enough well.

source?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Himself.

""It's easy to be positive when things are going so well but he's reassured way me there's ways to contribute without putting numbers up. I think Ceci and I have worked really hard at playing against top lines on random nights to give Karl and Methot that break."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder how much the situation with Wiercioch has affected Turris? Best friends. Turris wasn't having a very good season earlier but has come on really strong.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Because MacLean has no idea how to use the youth and had no trust other than for his own decisions, opinions, and ideas. That includes Turris and more than anyone in the organization Wiercioch. Even the most critical people in regards to Wiercioch admit he was given the shaft time and time again while othet guys (Cowen, Phillips) could do no wrong despite the fact it was borderline pathetic watching those two drag down the blueline.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hams will be burgled, is the word on the street.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How long till Neely starts quoting analytics to further his point about weir? Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When it comes down to it its all about who pushes this team I to a better spot now or down the road. I was never for trading weir if it meant that the return would be mediocre or just low(and yes a 3rd rounder for me is low, not that I would expect us to get more but it's not worth the sens while)
The same reasoning applies for Cowen for me.
I'm quite happily content t have the sens play him on the bottom pairing for the next season for him to try and figure out his game. Sure we risk his value going down but the return now would be a little too underwelming.

The only trades I'd agree with are the ones where we trade quantity for an great to elite level player.
Let the youth get a chance to prove itself, we've still got time on our side.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Other than that I am finally on the Stone train! I always thought he was good but thought he one day could get traded for another player in a package.
No way now! He's core!
As far as I'm concerned you really have to look far and wide in the league right now and see if you can get a leftwing young top 3 forward to add to this group. Id like to keep hoffman and resign him personally as if we can add without subtracting him and keep him on the 2nd or third line he will stay as effective and put 20-25 again next year.
Chiasson + could get moved as long as maybe the 2 2nd rounder we have. There's a few teams looking like they are going to be in cap hell this off season and that's who you target.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hams will be burgled, is the word on the street.

Thats the lowdown according to my sources as well.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That confirms it old friend.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With all this talk about ROR, what does he bring that we don't already have between Pageau (hitting), Lazar (relentless forecheck) and Stone (stealing pucks on the backcheck and getting 3rd period goals/points)?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Penguins lose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum