GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
TheAvatar
spader
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
dennycrane
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:who cares who the interim is lol

What are you hearing from your contacts at Scotialladium Tirel Centre?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:First thing Cameron NEEDS to do is to sit Phillips.  I bet he will too - he needs to stand up and fight for this job if he ever wants to coach.

Next is to define roles for players in black and white.  Follow this, or be benched.

Then he needs to find lines that work and not deviate.  

I don't think the problem was the players not following the coach. It was the coach not following the top brass.

This was a coach who was out of his depth. No system, team was never prepared to go out and play, no execution, didn't sit guys who needed to sit. Mac was always a step behind leading up to this firing and it had lasted quite long enough, thank you.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

"That's Dan Bylsma's music!" *Dan Bylsma comes out from the tunnel with a steel chair to Don Brennan's face*

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

"That's Dan Bylsma's music!" *Dan Bylsma comes out from the tunnel with a steel chair to Don Brennan's face*

Brennan must have called him "Jabroni!"

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dave Cameron is the head coach. Likes what he sees from younger players.

A guy who coached juniors - very good move.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, not interim. Another in a string of questionable coaching decisions.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not interim... well he deserves a shot as much as anyone else I suppose. We'll see what he's got.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Dave f'in is not interim. Facepalm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, what do you want them to say? "He's a lame duck coach that is just there because we need someone behind the bench"? They want to make the playoffs and everyone needs a vote of confidence, you hope Cameron is the right guy for the job so we'll see.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Dave f'in is not interim.  Facepalm

I guess Melnyk is the new GM. I guess I was wrong about Shero.

Sorry gang.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

how could Dave being any worse than what we've seen the last two years?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People are going to need to take a deep, hard, long breath here. The season was going down the tubes and they made a move to try and save it... maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, I don't know I'm not a Dr. But it wasn't going to get better with MacLean.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Murray pretty much saying we came back last night because we forgot to follow the system and just played with instincts Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Murray pretty much saying we came back last night because we forgot to follow the system and just played with instincts Laugh1

That's the way it's been all season. Most apparently in the last 5 - 6 games. Best minutes have been the last few, even better when we're down.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yup - MacLean's system was crap

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:how could Dave being any worse than what we've seen the last two years?
Excellent he won't be worse. Let's fire the coach and strive for more of the same. If it works out it will be short term only IMO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Murray pretty much saying we came back last night because we forgot to follow the system and just played with instincts Laugh1

I wrote something along these exact lines yesterday....there's times where you watch them play and it seems like they're fighting some sort of internal struggle to deviate from their instincts. Seemed uncomfortable.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People are being way too quick to jump on Cameron... even Clouston made the playoffs and people enjoyed him for a short while. If Cameron works out this year then just enjoy it. If he doesn't then what can you do? It's going to take a lot to turn this team around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum