GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
TheAvatar
spader
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
dennycrane
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
NEELY wrote:Because it's complete BS.  He's holding himself out right now, that's it.  If anything this is typical Methot, me first type player.

That's what I've been thinking all along. I guarantee that he would miraculously heal if the right contract was offered.

It's a super-risky tactic that has backfired all over him. He should've known that B-Murr and the Sens brass wouldn't tolerate that.

On one hand, the team has been Dung so there's pressure to get him in the lineup...on the other hand, if he comes back and plays well, then he only increases his value after a poor season.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
NEELY wrote:Because it's complete BS.  He's holding himself out right now, that's it.  If anything this is typical Methot, me first type player.

That's what I've been thinking all along. I guarantee that he would miraculously heal if the right contract was offered.

It's a super-risky tactic that has backfired all over him.  He should've known that B-Murr and the Sens brass wouldn't tolerate that.  

On one hand, the team has been Dung so there's pressure to get him in the lineup...on the other hand, if he comes back and plays well, then he only increases his value after a poor season.

If he doesn't play well, PMac will bag skate him. Something I would personally love to see.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Methot has been called out by coach and GM already this season, his agent has been called out publicly, and this whole thing has gotten messy. Methot can pretty much count on playing in another city next year the only question is what city is he going to finish this season in?

Hopefully he's 100% healthy coming in because he will get a good return at the deadline.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alfredsson sounds more Swedish now

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Alfredsson sounds more Swedish now

And looks more Swiss ... as in Swiss Pastries. Little bit of double-chin and some jowls developing there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sitting out doesn't help Methot at all IMO. Becomes a big risk long term, so no, I really don't buy he's faking.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So Methot is playing, I guess there was a contact somewhere?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

And looks more Swiss ... as in Swiss Pastries.  Little bit of double-chin and some jowls developing there.

The Alfie certainly does look well-fed.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dat suit tho'

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 664

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

And looks more Swiss ... as in Swiss Pastries.  Little bit of double-chin and some jowls developing there.

The Alfie certainly does look well-fed.

All those Swedish meatballs from "aging parent" Bibi. She was looking better than ever, used to look way too gaunt.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any trades?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any trades?

No, but rumors -- Leafs may be forced to trade Kadri or buy out Franson:
http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2014/12/04/rumors-ii-brodeur-sobotka-saad-bernier-kadri-and-franson/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oilers lost 11 straight. Alfie wore #11. Coincidence?

At some point they'll have to blow something up. Maybe the fuse has already been lit. Problem is they need goaltending, defense and center and not necessarily in that order.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens always play well against Pittsburgh, for some reason, so there's a chance. Then they get Vancouver playing the second of back-to-back nights. After that, the Kings who are "struggling" at 14-7-5.

Still, each of those games is winnable.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens will be lucky to win 1 of the next 4 and they could go on an Oilers-esque type run here. Even when they hit Buffalo it's anything but an easy night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Sens will be lucky to win 1 of the next 4 and they could go on an Oilers-esque type run here.  Even when they hit Buffalo it's anything but an easy night.

They will get at least a point in Pittsburgh if Fleury plays. Pittsburgh is missing Dupuis, Bennett and Kunitz on the wings and Letang on the back-end. Hell, there's no reason they couldn't get 2.

Vancouver is a Western team traveling out East, and playing the second of back-to-back nights. Lack (their backup) is actually playing like a backup -- few games, hovering around .900. That's a game they should be able to win.

LA is tough but, again, a team playing out of their hemisphere. And also a team that's struggling relative to their usual performance.

Boston is up next and they are struggling. Lost 3 straight, missing two regulars on D (Chara, McQuaid) and Krejci. Plus Thomas is no-longer playing for them.

Every single game there is winnable. They won't go 4-0, sure, but individually, each game is winnable.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see but again this Sens team is hitting a skid and hitting it hard.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

we're 4 points behind Boston and Toronto with 2 games in hand. Now is not the time to panic. We're going to go on a run now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum