GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
TheAvatar
spader
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
dennycrane
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Bought my tickets for THE RETURN on Dec 4th.  Sweet sweet The Alfie goodness.

On the other topic of discussion, I doubt ZBad would agree to go on a two week conditioning stint, but maybe if the only other option is sitting and rotting he wouldn't see much of a choice.  I don't think you see healthy players do this very often.

Maybe this is all going to come together and The Alfie inspires Zibanejad and gets him going?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can't just randomly go on a conditioning stint. You have to be injured.

Also zibanejad did very little cardio this Summer as this was apparently the decision of the team due to some heart condition that they detected. Not sure if this is 100% the case. I do know the personal trainer who he trained with this summer and he really did add a lot of strength.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:You can't just randomly go on a conditioning stint. You have to be injured.

You don't necessarily have to be injured. If you agree to go, you can go, from the CBA:

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning
Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen
(14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to
investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the
Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan
to evade Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such
disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during
the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be
entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's right in there. The commissioner would now allow it unless the player is injured. Because they are trying to evade waivers to send a guy down for seasoning.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:It's right in there. The commissioner would now allow it unless the player is injured. Because they are trying to evade waivers to send a guy down for seasoning.

This has happened before with otherwise healthy players. I don't know the ins and outs of what reasoning a team could provide to the Commish to allow a conditioning stint, and neither do you. If the Sens make a case that ZBad isn't in appropriate "game shape" and ZBad agrees, maybe everything goes through.

Anyways, I don't think ZBad is going to be sent on conditioning. I do think he should've gone down for a bit before his waiver-exempt status ended (apparently three games ago).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so apperently:
TSN’s Shawn Simpson recently posted on Twitter: “What ever the parts might be. Edm and Ottawa could make a big deal. Even more if Oilers will part with Eberle. In a deal with Anderson

obviously this is him talking out of his Donkey but you have to stop and think about it. EDM needs a goaltender, obviously that's not the sole piece of the deal going their way. you have to add a D-man. but that's a convo worth having. what type of deal would make it happen?
to ottawa:eberle,fasth
to edm: anderson, weir + or plain and simple Methot? it certainly helps edm adress two principle needs.
maybe you add a guy like smith to that deal and see what else edm can send our way with eberle and fasth.

I do like th idea of keeping Anderson in ottawa, he's been fantastic. can Lehner be the number 1? personally if we're going to sell Anderson at one point we better sell when the value is high. 
it would be a scary move but i view this season as one where the team gets to gel and learn. i'm not gonna lose it if we don't make the playoffs, i'd rather keep  building the identity and get experience.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would rather not trade for Eberle, as he's a RW and that is not where our needs lie......but what you suggest isn't out of the realm of the possible.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Eberle is the type of player the Sens need up front, a game breaking, highly skilled winger. Yah he's another right winger but fact of the matter is the Sens lack real high end skill up front. Is he the perfect player to be taking a shot on? Maybe/maybe not but Edmonton has obviously crushed him along with others. The question is has the damage been done?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Eberle is the type of player the Sens need up front, a game breaking, highly skilled winger.  Yah he's another right winger but fact of the matter is the Sens lack real high end skill up front.  Is he the perfect player to be taking a shot on?  Maybe/maybe not but Edmonton has obviously crushed him along with others.  The question is has the damage been done?

In Eberle's case...

... "probably not."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:so apperently:
TSN’s Shawn Simpson recently posted on Twitter: “What ever the parts might be. Edm and Ottawa could make a big deal. Even more if Oilers will part with Eberle. In a deal with Anderson

obviously this is him talking out of his Donkey but you have to stop and think about it. EDM needs a goaltender, obviously that's not the sole piece of the deal going their way. you have to add a D-man. but that's a convo worth having. what type of deal would make it happen?
to ottawa:eberle,fasth
to edm: anderson, weir + or plain and simple Methot? it certainly helps edm adress two principle needs.
maybe you add a guy like smith to that deal and see what else edm can send our way with eberle and fasth.

I do like th idea of keeping Anderson in ottawa, he's been fantastic. can Lehner be the number 1? personally if we're going to sell Anderson at one point we better sell when the value is high. 
it would be a scary move but i view this season as one where the team gets to gel and learn. i'm not gonna lose it if we don't make the playoffs, i'd rather keep  building the identity and get experience.

Fasth was pretty good. One goal in more than 60 minutes. Oilers can play offense, they can play defense. They just can't do both. Personally I think coaching had a lot to do with it. Not that he's a bad coach, just not the right fit for this particular group. They need to be taught in steps and he wanted them to improve in all things at the same time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Dregs:

The Alfie to sign a one-day contract to retire as a Sen, and he will likely take a front office gig for the start of next season.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'd prefer fasth over scrivens personally. as for eberle well i'd leave it up to Brian to figure it out. you may take a guy out of a losing culture and surround him by a different atmosphere where anything is possible. the bigger question is whether we can hand over the show to lehner and part ways with Anderson.

I know out of chiasson, eberle and stone all three guys shoot right and that leaves it hard for any of them to play the left side but so far mac and hoffman might be fine there. you might want to push back stone and lazar to the third line with mickalek. 

mac turis ryan
hoff zib eberle
9mm lazar stone
greening pageau/legwand neil
that's not a half bad line-up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Per Dregs:

The Alfie to sign a one-day contract to retire as a Sen, and he will likely take a front office gig for the start of next season.
Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

amazing! what a wonderful news! comes back to the capital as ambassador and hopefully in an other capacity(probably saw how run down detroit was and said yikes!)

one can't help but think this will actually play a part in team moral, keeping guys here longer terms like karlsson. just builds a nice legacy to surround the team with.
they should retire his jersey next season.
at least this way he gets a chance to lift the cup here in ottawa some day(knock on wood) even if it is in a management position.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Per Dregs:

Thank God this whole thing is now behind the Sens and Alfie. This needed to be done for everyone's sake except Melnyk... but maybe even he's tried to be a bit bigger of a person than he's given credit for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum